• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Was about to go to bed when I learned Estelle Harris recently passed away.

She had a ton of roles such as Mrs. Potato Head in Toy Story, Estelle Constanza in Seinfeld, and numerous other roles. (The role I remember the most from her? Muriel from The Suite Life).

May she rest in piece.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We all joke.

But I’d legit scream if I saw Big in the after credits.
They hand out 3D glasses for the movie, leaving everyone confused as this isn’t a 3D film.

All of sudden mid credits, a loud crash happens and big jumps out from the screen and into the real world.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Glad Legends Arceus makes a decent noise when a shiny spawns. Otherwise I would have completely missed a shiny Aipom.

Edit: Not long after, same thing happens with a shiny Drifloon.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My brain keeps coming up with crazy VGC gimmicks that I want to try but can't because the restricted format power level is too high.

Like Boomburst Swellow + Earthquake and Ally Switch Runergris. I want to try that so bad with my shiny Runergris but there's no way a combo like that will be doing much in a metagame dominated by Zacian and Kyogre

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So I decided to watch Morbius in theaters and it was an absolute trainwreck of a film.

I really do not know what to even say or where to start about Sony's Morbius as it felt like watching an outdated film based upon 2000's superhero flicks with its messy and confusing plot, choppy editing and uneven pacing, underwhelming visual effects, action sequences and perfomances from its cast (might as well be Jared Leto's worst performance to date since the Joker in David Ayer's Suicide Squad.) Matt Smith's Milo dancing in to a hip-hop based track is probably one of the most cringiest moments within the film.

To make matters even worse, the post credit scenes were almost as baffling as the entire film itself that literally made zero to no sense at all.

Overall, Morbius is so poor that I am beginning to feel like their whole concept of building a cinematic universe based upon Spider-Man characters without their titular hero who had gained success with Marvel Studios and is still a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is beginning to feel rather pointless. At this stage, it is just too ambitious and it is not really going to benefit their other upcoming films whether this is Kraven the Hunter or Madame Web going forward.

My rating: 1/10

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
why the **** do all of bea's pokémon know some sort of dark type move

y'all lied to me grimmsnarl is better

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I decided to watch Morbius in theaters and it was an absolute trainwreck of a film.

I really do not know what to even say or where to start about Sony's Morbius as it felt like watching an outdated film based upon 2000's superhero flicks with its messy and confusing plot, choppy editing and uneven pacing, underwhelming visual effects, action sequences and perfomances from its cast (might as well be Jared Leto's worst performance to date since the Joker in David Ayer's Suicide Squad.) Matt Smith's Milo dancing in to a hip-hop based track is probably one of the most cringiest moments within the film.

To make matters even worse, the post credit scenes were almost as baffling as the entire film itself that literally made zero to no sense at all.

Overall, Morbius is so poor that I am beginning to feel like their whole concept of building a cinematic universe based upon Spider-Man characters without their titular hero who had gained success with Marvel Studios and is still a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. At this stage, it is just too ambitious and it is not really going to benefit their other upcoming films whether this is Kraven the Hunter or Madame Web going forward.

My rating: 1/10
As someone who just read the plot of the film I'm just confused.

If anything and being in the minority this is why I wished No Way Home ended a bit differently.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not sure if its already been said but its confirmed Doctor Strange 2 will be 2 hours and 6 minutes (Not counting credits should be 1 hour and 56 minutes).

Honestly kinda surprised No Way Home is going to be a longer movie then this movie. You'd think a running time of at least 3 hours or under given like No Way Home is dealing with the multiverse and different versions of the characters (Presumably Tom Cruise Tony Stark, Dark Doctor Strange), America Chavez, and characters from other Marvel film properties (Patrick Stewart Xavier).

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Funny how this thread is talking about vampires

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Genma race:

1648998983815.png

“I’m Genma Kresnik. As a slayer of vampires, I shall protect you with the power of light.”

Alignment: Light-Neutral

Origin: Slavic mythology. A kresnik (and its feminine form, kresnika) is a shaman whose soul can separate from their body in the shape of a white animal to hunt vampires. The source of their name may mean “cross” or “resurrector”. At nights, kresniks fight with vampires by using their own power or at the will of a higher force to bring good luck and harvest to those around them. Kresnik also uses traditional medicine to heal cattle and village folk.

Skills: Fatal Sword, Matarukaja, Maragilao, Hamaon

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Avatar race.

Kresnik is the most 90s design in the entire series. I love how the “shaman who turns into animals to ward off vampires” was turned into a vampire hunter with a trench coat. The white color scheme is an obvious reference and I also like the cross on his forehead and sword. Some might say the bat symbols are a bit too obvious but I don’t think kresnik is supposed to be subtle in the first place. A clever design choice is how kresnik usually focuses on fire and light in games while kudlak uses ice and darkness.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I should change up my signature.

I just don't know what to go for but today I have discovered alignment to make my signature a bit neater. Could add an image or a new quote.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
We all joke.

But I’d legit scream if I saw Big in the after credits.
The secret feature of Sonic 2 is that in certain screenings, if you happen to bring a Gamecube Wavebird controller and press A repeatedly during certain scenes, he'll appear in the background and do some stuff. You actually get a secret Big ending if you unlock each and every "Big Secret."

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I should change up my signature.

I just don't know what to go for but today I have discovered alignment to make my signature a bit neater. Could add an image or a new quote.
I definitely think it looks a lot nicer having everything centered now.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
What I find intereating abiut the Sonic Franchise is that since Adventure 2, Amy deadass did more than Knuckles and idk if that's a knock against SEGA doing Knuckles dirty or if SEGA really wants to push Amy Rose (but they can't write her consistently)

osby

Smash Obsessed
What I find intereating abiut the Sonic Franchise is that since Adventure 2, Amy deadass did more than Knuckles and idk if that's a knock against SEGA doing Knuckles dirty or if SEGA really wants to push Amy Rose (but they can't write her consistently)
Tbf, they haven't been writing any Sonic character consistently for a good while.

And I can see why Amy gets more use, kinda. She's a pretty outgoing character empathetic to others and with good leadership qualities. It's a little easier to write more varied character dynamics around her compared to Knuckles who is kind of a loner and usually plays a more active role in rivalries.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Wake up Sheeple
Ah interesting theory, but as a Phineas and Ferb super fan I have two small issues.

- Phineas and Ferb try to include Candace on several occasions. She just rarely ever wants to join.

- Vanessa's mother, Charlene Doofensmirtz, is isnanely rich. This is used to explain how Doof funds his evil schemes as he gets a very generous alimony package from here. Charlene could have easily bought Vanessa that corvette herself.

The rest of the theory holds up though.

Also I still hate how Ferb got with Vanessa at the end she's like way older then him ew ew ew

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I visited the college I talked about last week, and I'm basically 99% sure I'm gonna study there

My dad wants me to check other institutions and normally I would agree with him but I have a week to decide whether or not I want to start studying for the entrance exam for most institutions in my country and the study program is super expensive, and the school I checked out today doesn't seem to require me to take that exam so this isn't a normal situation, plus I really like the place I visited today

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
speaking of cartoons

to this day, it will never not amuse me how 99% of Gumball's humor goes over the intended audience's heads

also how scary good it was at depicting fandoms
EFQSwjcWwAADgFR.jpg

Guys, please stop making ***** jokes in the social thread
3e8e22c4bc988ecfecc7e70cfe5908a11800fbc8r1-1079-1082v2_00.jpg

Doing so will result in a week long ban, possibly more
images (8).jpeg

Anyways, back to what I was saying
hqdefault (13).jpg

Yes, I do thing genocide of minorities is ethically and morally correct, if you can't handle that then get out of Serious Discussion

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
View attachment 349268
Guys, please stop making ***** jokes in the social thread
View attachment 349269
Doing so will result in a week long ban, possibly more
View attachment 349270
Anyways, back to what I was saying
View attachment 349271
Yes, I do thing genocide of minorities is ethically and morally correct, if you can't handle that then get out of Serious Discussion
i can't believe Gumball really depicted Discord mods before the meme about Discord mods started

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

So I beat the final boss last night in forgotten land. That was pretty damn good. Loved every levels design. They really did a good job with secrets and theming. World’s 3 and 4 were my favorite.

The final boss did not go where I thought it would, but it made for a pretty interesting story.

Overall this is one of my top Kirby games, and I’m looking forward to doing the post game stuff.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
As Osby touched on, it's probably because it's not as easy to put Knuckles into stories due to his personality and role. He was originally defined as a rival to Sonic and protector of the Master Emerald and they've been struggling in using him in either as they tend to force him into the rivalry by being absurdly gullible (and Shadow encroaching on the role not helping) and they can't revolve the plot around the ME too much without it getting redundant. So he often gets thrown into story with not much else to do.

It's probably why the Sonic 2 movie version was getting a lot of positive reception. It was closer to what Knuckles used to be as he can play into his original role.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
AA66DE64-B0A1-4EEA-93BC-220D9D19327C.jpeg

Logan Paul from WM38 last night with a rare Pokémon card and a golden Pokéball as a chain
3C03AE5C-18AC-4123-A00A-6F0B74ACD489.jpeg

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well phooey, struck out twice on my trip to the comic book shop. They aren't passing out Comicon wristbands until tomorrow and they were out of the Sonic the Hedgehog 2 movie Pre-Quill comic.

At least they will call me when they receive a new shipment of aforementioned comic (which they will say it could be about a week).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom