• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
You are all painfully misinformed about cryptocurrency. Comparing it's usefulness to buying goods with your blood is laughable at best and to Tulip Mania is quite an exercise in mental gymnastics.

Cryptocurrencies are not an easy subject to wrap your head around even if you consider yourself technologically inclined and intelligent. I do not blame you for your lack of knowledge; however please do not speak in absolutes about a concept you cannot fully grasp. Blockchain and cryptocurrencies is something that an intelligent and technologically inclined person would take roughly 18 months to fully understand
is simple:

crypto is cringe

hackers are cringe

they were made for each other :4wario2:

now, may I interest you in this NFT:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ok then i must of dodged a bullet and student loans going to Community College then.
I mean community college tends to be a lot less selective and picky.

My first college I appied to turned me down because of grades or some **** which was some bull**** because I had mostly As and Bs with my lowest being a C- my freshman yeat of HS.

Iirc that school has a racism problem so maybe I dodged a bullet. Instead of a racist midwest school I went to another racist midwest school.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I started a new Skyrim save after almost two years.

I'm gonna go Sword and Shield, and my companion will be a Dog. Unless I find a way to make a Wolf my ally without using necromancy.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Sword update - beat Nessa, my team currently has Raboot, Wartortle, Shiftry, Toxel, Dottler, and Sirfetch'd. I went to the Isle of Armor to get a Squirtle since I needed a Water type and none of the Galar Water types really speak to me in any way (except for Rapid Strike Style Urshifu, who was on my postgame team last time I played the game and would make Sirfetch'd completely obsolete). I have 4/6 of my final team.

Currently not sure if I want to use Grimmsnarl or Hatterene. Grimmsnarl is my favorite Gen 8 Pokémon (and my 4th favorite Pokémon overall), but I also like Hatterene and have used Grimmsnarl in two previous playthroughs. I'm already doing repeats on my team with Toxtricity and another mon I'm catching later down the line, but I do like using new Pokémon so this is a genuinely tough call for me. Noipoi Noipoi Z25 Z25 MooMew64 MooMew64 and other Pokémon peeps, mind giving me your two cents?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Sword update - beat Nessa, my team currently has Raboot, Wartortle, Shiftry, Toxel, Dottler, and Sirfetch'd. I went to the Isle of Armor to get a Squirtle since I needed a Water type and none of the Galar Water types really speak to me in any way (except for Rapid Strike Style Urshifu, who was on my postgame team last time I played the game and would make Sirfetch'd completely obsolete). I have 4/6 of my final team.

Currently not sure if I want to use Grimmsnarl or Hatterene. Grimmsnarl is my favorite Gen 8 Pokémon (and my 4th favorite Pokémon overall), but I also like Hatterene and have used Grimmsnarl in two previous playthroughs. I'm already doing repeats on my team with Toxtricity and another mon I'm catching later down the line, but I do like using new Pokémon so this is a genuinely tough call for me. Noipoi Noipoi Z25 Z25 MooMew64 MooMew64 and other Pokémon peeps, mind giving me your two cents?
What 4/6 are permanent?

Noipoi

Howdy!

On the one hand, it’s always interesting to use a new Pokémon.

On the other…when the hell are you gonna play swsh again? Why not use a favorite?

Hatterene is slow as hell, with good sp attack. I found using one a decent time on my first play though.

Grimmsnarl is like, so much cooler tho-

Personally I’d go with Grim. If it was me doing this, I wouldn’t shy away from using Dragapult again. Just cuz I’ve used it before.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
On the other…when the hell are you gonna play swsh again?
This is honestly the biggest source of my dilemma. I'm not gonna play the game again after this, so I want to use a team that I'd be satisfied with but that also means it's the last chance I've got at using some Pokémon, and Hatterene is probably the one I'd regret not using the most along with Sirfetch'd. I've already accepted the fact that I won't have room for other mons I think are cool like Centiskorch and Orbeetle, but I do have room for Hatterene since I do need a Fairy type. And since I tend to use new mons in every new Generation, even if Hatterene is available in ScaVio I won't have room for it there. So this is kinda my last chance at using Hatterene.

....BUT GRIMMSNARL IS SO COOL THO

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
This is honestly the biggest source of my dilemma. I'm not gonna play the game again after this, so I want to use a team that I'd be satisfied with but that also means it's the last chance I've got at using some Pokémon, and Hatterene is probably the one I'd regret not using the most along with Sirfetch'd. I've already accepted the fact that I won't have room for other mons I think are cool like Centiskorch and Orbeetle, but I do have room for Hatterene since I do need a Fairy type. And since I tend to use new mons in every new Generation, even if Hatterene is available in ScaVio I won't have room for it there. So this is kinda my last chance at using Hatterene.

....BUT GRIMMSNARL IS SO COOL THO
If you played Shield I would say Grimmsnarl.

But you have Sword so Opal and Bea will make Grimmsnarl obsolete until Piers whereas Hatterene can help, and due to fairy typing, she doesn't take 2x damage against Piers and Marnie.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
If you played Shield I would say Grimmsnarl.

But you have Sword so Opal and Bea will make Grimmsnarl obsolete until Piers whereas Hatterene can help, and due to fairy typing, she doesn't take 2x damage against Piers and Marnie.
Grimmsnarl actually only takes 1x from Fighting types due to Fairy typing.

MooMew64

I'm always a huge supporter of using your favorites over forcing yourself to use new 'Mons, so I honestly say go for Grimmsnarl if you want! Hatterene is dope, but as Noipoi Noipoi said, is slow. It's not gonna be used as anything other than a Wall/Tank. :drshrug:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm always a huge supporter of using your favorites over forcing yourself to use new 'Mons, so I honestly say go for Grimmsnarl if you want! Hatterene is dope, but as Noipoi Noipoi said, is slow. It's not gonna be used as anything other than a Wall/Tank. :drshrug:
I do want to mention that I'm not just thinking about using Hatterene for the sake of using a new Pokémon - if that were the case I would be using Pincurchin over Toxtricity. I just think Hatterene is cool, even if Grimmsnarl is cooler

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Dunno if this has been mentioned yet. It’s crazy to think the 3DS has been around for 11 years. It was and still is my favorite console.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Dunno if this has been mentioned yet. It’s crazy to think the 3DS has been around for 11 years. It was and still is my favorite console.
Gen 7 was PEAK. Top tier games, top 2 Gen.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

In terms of balance, hatterene is probably better. It has more coverage aerogels, and it can hit harder then grimsnarl. Plus it’s still a gmax form so your not losing much there. If you like diversity on your teams, I think the best choice. But if you prefer favorites more, then Grimsnarl can still work:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
In terms of balance, hatterene is probably better. It has more coverage aerogels, and it can hit harder then grimsnarl. Plus it’s still a gmax form so your not losing much there. If you like diversity on your teams, I think the best choice. But if you prefer favorites more, then Grimsnarl can still work:
Honestly gmax isn't really a factor for me. My Wartortle will be able to Gigantamax when it becomes a Blastoise and I will have an opportunity to give a max soup to one other team member, but I'm not counting on catching a Gigantamax mon in a max raid battle. I try to avoid these unless it's for TR farming because the AI partners make me want to Perish Song myself

Reactions: Z25

MooMew64

Figured out how to get Steam Overlay in games from the Epic Games Launcher, thanks to the third party launcher Heroic.

Which I was introduced to by the Linux community.

The greatest gift the Steam Deck has given me, is knowledge about all of these open source apps that I had no idea existed on Linux, and have Windows equivalents that kick most official company offering's butts when it comes to QoL and optimization. :nifty:

MooMew64

For real though

Outside of Sonic Colors, no way am I installing my current Epic Library on Steam Deck: Fortnite's anti-cheat most likely would get triggered, and FF7 Remake and KHIII are a bloated mess in file size because they're certified Sqaure Enix moments, so ha ha, no, Sonic Colors will be it for now. The rest I'll just stream from my tower lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom