• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I’d argue the region design is awful. Cuz, there isn’t any.

An assortment of basic hallways, with a backyard in the middle you can goof around in for ten minutes before you have to get back to the plot.
Sorry, I should have specified it: game design wise it's the best in the series.

The world design is just... eh. But linear ain't bad, Alola was like that and yet Gen 7 is a top tier Gen. Sinnoh was more open ended and yet it sucks to explore (at least in the original D/P). Galar was linear like Alola, but what made Alola work was that Alola had the everything else (graphics, story, etc) that Galar didn't.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So a screening for fans had happened for Morbius:

And to no-ones surprise, the reactions had been very negative.

In addition, I believe the review embargo for Morbius is due to end on March 30th which is a day before the film comes out:

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Morbius got a movie?

I don't even see Morbius on the poster. Is he diet Chris Hemsworth in the hoodie?

Last edited:

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Morbius got a movie?

I don't even see Morbius on the poster. Is he diet Chris Hemsworth in the hoodie?
I’m pretty sure he has only been shown in movie after credits and trailers before the movie starts in the theater.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
From what I've seen, the post-credits scenes of Morbius are downright nonsensical. Potential spoilers for Morbius if they're legitimate (and if anyone cares about spoilers for Morbius), but if what I've read is true, the mid-credits scene reveals that Dr. Strange's spell at the end of No Way Home also pulled Adrian Toomes/the Vulture out of the MCU and sent him to the Venom/Morbius universe somehow. The end-credits scene goes on to have the Vulture, in his armour that he somehow got from another universe, tracking down Morbius and teaming up with him to get revenge on Spider-Man, possibly leading to a Sinister Six movie.

...Even though the Vulture ended things off on relatively good terms with Spider-Man, Vulture has no way of knowing that Spider-Man was responsible for him being sent to another universe, Morbius presumably has no idea who Spider-Man is, and barring the reveal that both Venom and Morbius are set in the universe of the Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man doesn't exist in this universe as far as we know.

I really don't get why Sony decided to do this nonsense, or why they thought that making a Spider-Man cinematic universe without actually using Spider-Man was a good idea. (Plus, removing one of the only surviving villains, and one of the best-written ones, from the MCU seems like a level of pettiness that I haven't seen since Marvel cancelled the Fantastic Four, removed the FF and X-Men from most merchandise, and pushed the Inhumans really hard due to petty licensing issues)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

In addition, I believe the review embargo for Morbius is due to end on March 30th which is a day before the film comes out:

Called it. There was never any hope for that movie to begin with.

Watch Blade and Blade II instead.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I hope Soul Hackers 2 has this after going for deep cuts like Blue Hawai Frost

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Element race:

1648218433523.png

“I’m Element Gnome. I’m never lonely because my friends are all around us.”

Alignment: Neutral-Neutral

Origin: Occult mythology. A gnome is a creature that can be found in the works of Paracelsus before being used by fantasy authors. Its characteristics change but it is usually said to be a diminutive humanoid who lives underground. Its name means “earth-dweller” and is reluctant to interact with humans, preferring to spend its time on solid earth where it can move as easily as humans move through the air. They guard treasures, mines, and precious stones.

Skills: Zio, Pulinpa, Rakukaja

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Wargod race.

While its earlier look is similar to a common goblin, Gnome’s Soul Hackers design goes so hard. I love the rock egg that holds an earth spirit that looks like a tiny alien made of lava and doesn’t want to talk right now. As most SMT games lack a dedicated earth-type damage type, Gnome is sometimes associated with force, but much more frequently with lightning.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
From what I've seen, the post-credits scenes of Morbius are downright nonsensical. Potential spoilers for Morbius if they're legitimate (and if anyone cares about spoilers for Morbius), but if what I've read is true, the mid-credits scene reveals that Dr. Strange's spell at the end of No Way Home also pulled Adrian Toomes/the Vulture out of the MCU and sent him to the Venom/Morbius universe somehow. The end-credits scene goes on to have the Vulture, in his armour that he somehow got, tracking down Morbius and teaming up with him to get revenge on Spider-Man, possibly leading to a Sinister Six.

...Even though the Vulture ended things off on relatively good terms with Spider-Man, Morbius presumably has no idea who Spider-Man is, and barring the reveal that both Venom and Morbius are set in the universe of the Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man doesn't exist in this universe as far as we know.

I really don't get why Sony decided to do this nonsense, or why they thought that making a Spider-Man cinematic universe without actually using Spider-Man was a good idea. (Plus, removing one of the only surviving villains, and one of the best-written ones, from the MCU seems like a level of pettiness that I haven't seen since Marvel cancelled the Fantastic Four, removed the FF and X-Men from most merchandise, and pushed the Inhumans really hard due to petty licensing issues)

I've read the potential post credit-scenes for Morbius which I don't personally understand their decision on this and I do question whether or not Sony knows what they are doing with the direction of the Spider-Man cinematic universe. This is why I am putting my expectations quite low for Madame Web and Kraven the Hunter.

Anyways, here is the music video sung by Kid Cudi for the upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog 2 movie:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I knew from the get-go Morbius was set up to being a disaster. No hope from the beginning.

If this ain't any indication of how bad of a movie this is. It's now most certainly and definitely going to get destroyed in the box office by Sonic 2, Fantastic Beasts, The Bad Guys and currently given how strong it's still going The Batman.

Especially when it was a movie no one even asked for along with Sony's attempted plans giving Spider-Man villains their own movies.

And yes there was Guardians, prior to their movies no one except the hardcore Marvel fans knew about but even when no one had heard of them, the trailers for the first Guardians movie gave the team their own comedic flair which separated it from the rest of the MCU. In other words, Guardians looked like it was going to be a fun movie which was going to explore an area of the MCU that hadn't been seen much before, that being space.

Morbius doesn't have anything original about it. It just looks like any other cliche vampire movie.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Anyways, here is the music video sung by Kid Cudi for the upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog 2 movie:

I'm not familiar with the artist but I really liked this. The video is pretty cheesy but in a good way. Can't wait to hear this in the movie (credits, I assume?)

I will say, while I dont have the game, the kirby game is so easy that i dont see the reason to have leveled up powers
The reason is to feel appropriately overpowered while playing as an eldritch god.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm not familiar with the artist but I really liked this. The video is pretty cheesy but in a good way. Can't wait to hear this in the movie (credits, I assume?)
Kid Cudi is an American rapper (but he also sings too), who is known for his more experimental and alternative type of hip-hop. If I had to describe his kind of music, they're moreso music you vibe and relax to.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The Kid Cudi song was dope, what were Sonic fans so worried about?
If I have to hazard I guess, I'd say because Sonic fans are almost comically averse to change.

Kid Cudi is an American rapper (but he also sings too), who is known for his more experimental and alternative type of hip-hop. If I had to describe his kind of music, they're moreso music you vibe and relax to.
I can see why, his voice is pretty good for chill music.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

From what I've seen, the post-credits scenes of Morbius are downright nonsensical. Potential spoilers for Morbius if they're legitimate (and if anyone cares about spoilers for Morbius), but if what I've read is true, the mid-credits scene reveals that Dr. Strange's spell at the end of No Way Home also pulled Adrian Toomes/the Vulture out of the MCU and sent him to the Venom/Morbius universe somehow. The end-credits scene goes on to have the Vulture, in his armour that he somehow got, tracking down Morbius and teaming up with him to get revenge on Spider-Man, possibly leading to a Sinister Six.

...Even though the Vulture ended things off on relatively good terms with Spider-Man, Morbius presumably has no idea who Spider-Man is, and barring the reveal that both Venom and Morbius are set in the universe of the Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man doesn't exist in this universe as far as we know.

Called it. There was never any hope for that movie to begin with.

Watch Blade and Blade II instead.
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Morbius. The conflict and character development is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of classic English dramatic literature, most of the weight of the scenario will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Michael’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from William Shakespeare literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these scenes, to realise that they're not only humorous- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence, people who dislike Morbius truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the depth in Morbius’ quote: “I am Venom. <snarls> Just kidding, I’m Dr. Michael Morbius at your service.” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Jared Leto's genius wit unfolds itself on the cinematic screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Morbius tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then, they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin’ personnel kid 😎

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm going to pirate Sonic 2 one trillion times so that Paramount goes bankrupt and Morbius will win every single award. #MorbiusSweep #MorbiusWIN #SonicCallsKnucklesRacialSlurs
Unfortunately the lamestream media has blatant anti-Morbius propaganda going. It will only sell 5 billion tickets and get a review average of 107%. 😢

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
"No mind to think."

"No will to break".

"No voice to scream in excitement."

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , Jondolio Jondolio & all other HK folks here:

I did it.

I ****ing did at last.

Pantheon of Hallownest

IS

FREAKIN'

DONE

At long last, after countless hours of suffering in the previous pantheons, before suffering on Absolute Radiance & her killing all of my previous run. I now reached the end of my journy for the time being. While there's still some stuff I can do, I prefer ending on this than ****ing pantheon 5 bindings. No freakin' thanks sir.

I might come back to the Hall of Gods & try out Steel Mode one day, but I got a big backlog to go through, so who know.

With all that said

I'm gonna take a freakin' break now.

Have a nice day.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Please Nintendo

MK8D RPG Pack
  • New Character: Geno
  • New Character: Mallow
  • New Character: Fawful
  • New Character: Vivian
  • New Track: Forest Maze
  • New Track: Bean Bean Kingdom
  • New Track: The Underwhere
  • New Track: Bowser’s Inside Story

Jondolio

Smash Hero
"No mind to think."

"No will to break".

"No voice to scream in excitement."

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , Jondolio Jondolio & all other HK folks here:

I did it.

I ****ing did at last.

Pantheon of Hallownest

IS

FREAKIN'

DONE

At long last, after countless hours of suffering in the previous pantheons, before suffering on Absolute Radiance & her killing all of my previous run. I now reached the end of my journy for the time being. While there's still some stuff I can do, I prefer ending on this than ****ing pantheon 5 bindings. No freakin' thanks sir.

I might come back to the Hall of Gods & try out Steel Mode one day, but I got a big backlog to go through, so who know.

With all that said

I'm gonna take a freakin' break now.

Have a nice day.
What a ****ing legend

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609