• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I fully understand the want for quadripedal starters, and I can't help but feel the same way. Though of course, there are other factors that'll determine what the final starters are like, like any themes that'll be added in.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I fully understand the want for quadripedal starters, and I can't help but feel the same way. Though of course, there are other factors that'll determine what the final starters are like, like any themes that'll be added in.
We also need more quadrupedal fighters in Smash just sayin 👀 this would be an opportunity.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I found out Volo was evil, and I struggled to defeat him. I was always able to beat his team, but this only left me with one or two Pokemon, which Giratina easily plowed through. And then I had to fight the Origin forme, which was just ridiculous. But after several tries, trying a variety of Pokemon, I was finally able to win.
With that done, my focus is now on completing the Dex. It shouldn't be too hard, given I already put a lot of focus into catching different Pokemon.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I feel that Japan when gets Custom Robo & Custom Robo V2 on Switch N64 online, the rest of the world will get games that were exclusive to America/Europe.

But what?

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The next batch of Sega Genesis games for Nintendo Switch Online has arrived.
Have heard nothing but good things in regards to Alien Soldier and Super Fantasy Zone. I've been really wanting to try out the latter ever since I saw it get a playthrough on GameCenter CX and have had it on my eBay watch list for some time. This is a very solid selection.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I forgot to mention it since it was getting late but I finally got the chance to see No Way Home last night.

You know a film was damn good when you're still reeling from certain aspects of it the next morning. The legacy characters (with a couple of exceptions) were used in extremely tasteful and immensely satisfying ways, and Tom Holland really cemented himself as a fantastic Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

However, I think Garfield's tortured take on the character really stole the show for me. The moment where he catches MJ was beautiful executed and gave him some much needed closure and reassurance that he's doing the right thing.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've been making a decent amount of progress in Persona 3 - Fuuka just joined the party as the navigator, and while her analysis isn't as automatic as Futaba's, it's still a useful feature to have.

I've been working through the series backwards, and Persona 3 feels a lot more experimental than 4 or 5. The schedule feels a lot tighter, the party members are AI-controlled for some reason, and if you want to max out social links, then it seems like you need to cheat on every woman in the game, since one social link (the shy girl with glasses who shows up in Persona 4 - blanking on her name) automatically turns romantic by rank 5 (out of 10). (I'm assuming the others do something similar)

Also, social links can go backwards, which seems like a weird decision for a game that gives you a limited amount of time to do everything. I assume that and the AI controlled party members were done for the sake of realism or something like that, but it doesn't make for good gameplay.

I'm still enjoying it (Elizabeth is a highlight, and the party members are great so far, though I'm not a fan of Fuuka's voice acting), but I'm not sure if I'll work my way back to Persona 2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom