• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Do it for him

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Yoma race:

1647441792806.png

“I’m Yoma Roluwi. Nice meeting you, pal. Let’s get along, nice and easy.”

Alignment: Light-Law

Origin: Aboriginal mythology. Roluwi is an Australian spirit encountered in the legends of the Yiman people. He stands between men and gods, but his appearance is mostly that of a youth. In legends, it is said that yams used to roam around freely and destroyed humans’ crops by accident. That was when Roluwi showed up and chastised them, telling them to go back to the ground and stay there, where they belong, helping crops in the process.

Skills: Zan, Trafuri, Lunge

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Wilder race.

This figure is so obscure that SMT never managed to localize his name properly. It should be “Roluwi”, not Rolwoy. Due to said lack of knowledge, I can’t find anything on how they should look but I think he looks the part of a young man slash yam spirit. Unlike his fellow Aboriginal demon Mokoi, Roluwi never got much attention in the games but I like his design so here’s hoping that’ll change in the future.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
This may be a me issue, but is amyone else getting giant intrusive ads on the mobile site? Except for whatever reason, nothing's there so it's just a black screen that covers the entire page for a moment?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Huh. I feel like I should have a stronger opinion on this.

It doesn't look bad but it just looks so bland. Where's the hook?
Same here, I was kinda expecting a joke ending.

Though, if that's a one-person work, they probably focused on animation over storyboarding.

D

Deleted member

Well, Pokemon Unite is mostly unplayable since the latest update broke stuff and BDSP is finally complete after like 4 months. Also you need to have caught Arceus in PLA to get Arceus in BDSP. Pokemon, what are you doing?

The shiny charm in BDSP only works on eggs for some reason.

So the only way to hunt Arceus is full odds, unfortunately.
So that's why shiny Shaymin refuses to show up.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
still feels unreal to see M Rated Daredevil and the gang on Disney+ next to the likes of Penny Proud

now bring Modok and Hit Monkey to Disney+

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It looks like it was a one person work, which is genuinelly impressive for this level of animation
Looks like some of the animation is taken from other sources. For example, some shots are taken from Super Nintendo World promo material.
Stuff like that shot of Daisy looks fanmade, though, so maybe some of it is original? Or maybe they stole fanwork and didn't credit the source. No clue.

Edit: All fanmade shots were credited in the description, my bad! I looked at the description and somehow missed that, haha.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
It's always a shame when you have to upgrade to a new phone. Phone had to start glitching and all that to the point where its a hardware issue. And honestly, I hate most phones these days. I'm a basic guy ok. Give me a decent touch phone with a simple UI and that's not too in your face.

Yet I went with a Sony phone for an upgrade:
haha-anime.gif

Hahaha brand loyalty is a ***** sometimes........... I throw my head into my hands.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyone able to help me evolve magmar on Brilliant Diamond? I caught a magby and it had the magmazier so I really want magmortar on my team now.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's always a shame when you have to upgrade to a new phone. Phone had to start glitching and all that to the point where its a hardware issue. And honestly, I hate most phones these days. I'm a basic guy ok. Give me a decent touch phone with a simple UI and that's not too in your face.

View attachment 347801

Hahaha.................brand loyalty is a ***** sometimes for myself. I throw my head into my hands.
Not to be a hipster, but I'm not good with most new phones as well and I can't see myself switching as long as my old Nokia phone works.

I'll probably have to switch to a smartphone once it dies but I can cross that bridge once I get there.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Not to be a hipster, but I'm not good with most new phones as well and I can't see myself switching as long as my old Nokia phone works.

I'll probably have to switch to a smartphone once it dies but I can cross that bridge once I get there.
Nah if you want to be a real hipster you need one of these:

1647451737355.png

To be a real god tier hipster you need one of these and walk down the street Yakuza style:

1647451835888.png

Then when someone challenges you have to slam the thing down on the ground and pop a tune in there. You be like "Yo, I'm ready to brawl bois!".
Nokia's are cool no matter what.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Imagine if GF made a 13 Sentinals type pokemon game like what Digimon Survive is doing. Split between a visual novel and a SRPG
That's a really cool idea but I'm worried about the fate of a game that requires Pokemon fans to read.

Remember when Steven Universe did a crossover with Uncle Grandpa?
Normally I don't like Uncle Grandpa but I remember actually liking that episode.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
For peeps with MK8 dlc
12:55 -14:00 utd is basically 8:55-10 am et I believe

Not 100% this is for the DLC or just a prep but now yall know

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 347801

Hahaha brand loyalty is a ***** sometimes........... I throw my head into my hands.
If I had any choice, I'd still be using my old flip phone. I only upgraded to a smartphone because the other was dying of old age and apparently the only flip phones you can get nowadays are the old people phones with giant buttons.

Anyone able to help me evolve magmar on Brilliant Diamond? I caught a magby and it had the magmazier so I really want magmortar on my team now.
You still need help? I recently bought NSO.

Reactions: Z25

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Same here, I was kinda expecting a joke ending.

Though, if that's a one-person work, they probably focused on animation over storyboarding.
I mean storyboarding a trailer would be more difficult since most trailers are mainly just scenes from a movie edited together in a way meant to hook the audience

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's funny, this whole time I've been warning people not to set their standards too high for the Mario movie.

But I think I kind of let my own standards get too high after watching films with such vibrant and expressive animation such as Turning Red, Encanto and The Mitchells vs The Machines. Illumination was never going to match those movies in animation - it's unfair to expect them to in terms of brand - and The Mario Movie looks good for what it is. But right now the only hooks for me so far is the animation and the Mario brand.

It probably doesn't help that I'm not actually that big of a Mario fan. And the animation does look good. I'll keep an open mind and probably watch it if enough people say good things about it.

Edit: I'm afraid I've been bamboozled.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's funny, this whole time I've been warning people not to set their standards too high for the Mario movie.

But I think I kind of let my own standards get too high after watching films with such vibrant and expressive animation such as Turning Red, Encanto and The Mitchells vs The Machines. Illumination was never going to match those movies in animation - it's unfair to expect them to in terms of brand - and The Mario Movie looks good for what it is. But right now the only hooks for me so far is the animation and the Mario brand.

It probably doesn't help that I'm not actually that big of a Mario fan. And the animation does look good. I'll keep an open mind and probably watch it if enough people say good things about it.
What trailer?

What was posted here was fanmade lol

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Honestly, maybe this is a hot take, but I actually think I'd like it a bit more if Illumination gives the Mario movie its own style instead of just directly copying the art style of the Mario games. I think having celebrity voices coming out of one-to-one recreations of the Mario casts' models would be a bit jarring, and on top of that, a unique art style gives this film a bit more of a chance to form it's own identity.

Granted, I don't want it to look like Despicable Me or something, but you get what I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom