• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Dude that pressed ignored, "next time it's a hammer.!"
Lol
&Jade. 😂 Just so sweet and feminine.!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It's concept art time, woo! I'm a pretty crappy artist, but I honestly sorta like how this came out.

This character is pretty fun, since they essentially live a double life. So, he has two designs because of this: The town design is kind of meant to symbolize how secretive and slow to open up he is when he's around people. The cloak actually does have a purpose in the comic, but it's also meant to hide most of his body in order to sort of amplify the "closed off vibes"

The forest design is supposed to be a sort of battle suit. (Though it kinda looks like a sleeveless onesie) If he's fighting, he needs something he can move around easily in, basically. The horns also become longer, and he gets "snake-like" eyes in order to give off a bit of a more threatening appearance. The final design will probably toy around with the shape language a bit more.

This is a bit of an odd comparison, but you know how in Persona 5, Joker gives off a bit of a stoic, reserved air, yet when he dons the Phantom Thief attire, he kind of lets his "true self" out? A similar thing is going on with this character.
M MooMew64 Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Pokelego999 Pokelego999

Yo

I just got asked to illustrate a children's book?
NOI YESSSSSS. Congrats man!

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's concept art time, woo! I'm a pretty crappy artist, but I honestly sorta like how this came out.

This character is pretty fun, since they essentially live a double life. So, he has two designs because of this: The town design is kind of meant to symbolize how secretive and slow to open up he is when he's around people. The cloak actually does have a purpose in the comic, but it's also meant to hide most of his body in order to sort of amplify the "closed off vibes"

The forest design is supposed to be a sort of battle suit. (Though it kinda looks like a sleeveless onesie) If he's fighting, he needs something he can move around easily in, basically. The horns also become longer, and he gets "snake-like" eyes in order to give off a bit of a more threatening appearance. The final design will probably toy around with the shape language a bit more.

This is a bit of an odd comparison, but you know how in Persona 5, Joker gives off a bit of a stoic, reserved air, yet when he dons the Phantom Thief attire, he kind of lets his "true self" out? A similar thing is going on with this character.
M MooMew64 Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Pokelego999 Pokelego999

NOI YESSSSSS. Congrats man!
Thanks homie :denzel:

Cool schtuff btw

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
I can't choose between Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, & Decidui for SSB6.
So I hir- went with C none the above.!
Lol jk I voted for all 3 in the smash ballot. "When?" Like just now. Lol

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I have incredible idea. For a Mario rpg remake in the style of 7R. Instead of Materia granting spells, you have Mario series staple power ups that function the same way! You give a character the fire flower, they can throw fireballs etc. Instead of that just being Mario’s thing. And you could throw in other power ups from the core series to spice up combat. Would add an additional neat element to the combat. Especially since the original didn’t really have any spellcasting outside of special abilities.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m begging you.

Do not elaborate.
I refuse to…been cleaning my eyes with the finest of bleaches forever now

Edit: since it’s only me at this specific edit time…
now that’s an evolution

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
"That brat*!!!" (&Jade.)
"But that's not fair!"
"'Cause I'M Tori Ve- The Real Tails!!"

:sonic: "Team Battle!- Oh sorry Tails. You haven't been making the team for 3 games now soo ya.... I'll pick HER (2013)"

3369.png
blaze the cat.jpg

Tails again "Let me help!!?"

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good Morning My Gamers.

I really hope I'm not here by 2030, but I've been on and off this site since at least 2015, and there's people who have been here since 2001 so I unfortunately wouldn't completely rule it out as a realistic scenario for my life?
Yo

I just got asked to illustrate a children's book?
Ayyy congrats

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I still gotta get the shiny charm in BDSP. Boutta sr for shiny god.

HOME compatibility would be nice :239:
The shiny charm in BDSP only works on eggs for some reason.

So the only way to hunt Arceus is full odds, unfortunately.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
spam
IMG_20220218_123509_723.jpg

Viridi "WOW, I sure wasn't expecting THAT."
Amazon Pandora "U can thank :4darkpit: for bringing ME to the Rewind Spring, he was a rebellious servant although- OW!

:4darkpit: "This coming from the mighty Amazon Pandora??!"

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Solidum Telethia "Soul Read"
:ultshulk: (SSBB version) "AAAAAHHH MONADO PURG--
Alvis (initial headwear) " I know NOT how things ;) will proceed"

* skip travel to the school from Victorious *

:ultpit: "I never. LEARNED how to read"
:4palutena: : Don't be carless Kid icarus, a challenger approaches"

* Enter Tori Vega/ Shelby Marx with the side bangs "Your going down...HARD"

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
:ultshulk: (SSBB version) "AAAAAHHH MONADO PURG--
Alvis (initial headwear) " I know NOT how things ;) will proceed"

* skip travel to the school from Victorious *

:ultpit: "I never. LEARNED how to read"
:4palutena: : Don't be carless Kid icarus, a challenger approaches"

* Enter Tori Vega/ Shelby Marx with the side bangs "Your going down...HARD"
Lol!

Vitolo and Montana...

Melia's (Initial Headgear to win :4shulk: over ........)

Shadow NOT SSBB "HUuuuUUUGH.!"

:4palutena: (SSBB)'s ENTIRE table of expressions

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Going to see the Batman tomorrow, since I finally have a day off of work where the weather's good. (it's nearly three hours, so it's tough to find time to fit it in after work) I haven't looked into trailers, so I don't know much about the movie beyond the fact that Robert Pattinson is playing a Batman that's early in his career, and that Penguin, Catwoman, and the Riddler are in it. (considering that it's nearly identical to the line-up of the 1966 movie, I'll honestly be surprised if Joker doesn't make a cameo at the very end or something of that nature)
Hell yeah man, I saw Batman on Sunday and this is easily the best Batman movie out there, hope future movies take this movie's style to do more detective focused stories like idk, Hush or Clayface

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Finished a few drawings this week already. I'll start up another soon. I think I know which ones I want to tackle.

I am glad I did at least draw two characters I've been meaning to draw for a while. I'm still trying to get a better hang of the style I want, but I'm getting there slowly but surely. It'll take a while, but I'm gonna have most of my portfolio and fan-art stuff on Deviant Art as well as the usual Newgrounds and Twitter. Granted some of my original work is pretty much staying on my personal website.

I think my portfolio has a good mix of rotation sheets, backgrounds, expression sheets, animations, comic sample pages and storyboards, but I can expand further I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom