• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
I still like the series, personally. The general fandom is still around and in full force, they just quieted down and have their own slice of the internet they stay in.
:falco:/Dex Manley/Saki Amamiya "Personally, II prefar thee ai-.!"

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I've beaten every cuphead boss in the three main islands except for Dr. ****ing Kahl. Talk about a wall! I'm gonna keep hammering away at it but this is the first boss I've genuinely thought was unfair
That might've been my favorite boss in the entire game personally.

Now, Rumor Honeybottoms on the other hand? That boss can go **** itself. The only boss in the game that genuinely feels unfair, so many RNG based variables and patterns that are sometimes impossible to read. I hope I never have to fight it ever again.

Anyway I'm gonna go continue my nuzlocke

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That might've been my favorite boss in the entire game personally.

Now, Rumor Honeybottoms on the other hand? That boss can go **** itself. The only boss in the game that genuinely feels unfair, so many RNG based variables and patterns that are sometimes impossible to read. I hope I never have to fight it ever again.

Anyway I'm gonna go continue my nuzlocke
Fair. I'm really good at platformers so Rumor was difficult but not as much as the doctor. But I have like, no experience with space shooters and man is it showing with these plane levels. I really wish they weren't here.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I finished the first season as well recently and really liked it. That part with Joseph and the japanese killed me. I didn't know it came from JoJo. :laugh:
I’m going to assume we’ll both end up loving whatever comes next
and to think the Japanese could ruin a random man’s life so badly

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Heads up for those interested, Kirby broke street date what will he do so if you want to avoid spoilers for the game, be wary.

"Oh but what is there to spoil for Kirby of all things?"

Idk man but the last game pretty much confirmed Kirby himself is an eldritch horror while the game before that taught about how capitalism corrupts

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
"This LOVE has, taken it's TOLL I mean SHE- Scream(s) in Silence of- (Dookie)" Last Chorus/Verse/Scene 🎶🎵

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Everyone always talks about how dark and deep Kirby lore is but it's so bizarre and over the top that I just can't take it seriously.

But I think that's meant to be the charm of it all.
It's best not to take it seriously because it's a cutesy series that happens to have eldritch abominations that are also super cutesy.

But can he beat Goku Spongebob?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Yeah, later tonight if Im remembering right
I'd probably expect some of the usuals plus King of Fighters XV and Guilty Gear: Strive.

Even though it is wishful thinking, it would be brilliant if they use the opportunity to promote the Capcom Fighting Collection during EVO and maybe perhaps put one of the Darkstalkers games in its lineup?

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
TBH Kirby lore isn't like some Silent Hill level terrifying

Yeah it can be spooky, but like

The fandom really overhypes how creepy it all actually is

TBF the series is anime as heck more than anything

That said, it's a family friendly series that respects its audience by telling a compelling background narrative with a lore-rich world alongside being cute and fun, so yeah, there absolutely is stuff to be spoiled and I appreciate the warning lol.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
TBH Kirby lore isn't like some Silent Hill level terrifying

Yeah it can be spooky, but like

The fandom really overhypes how creepy it all actually is

TBF the series is anime as heck more than anything

That said, it's a family friendly series that respects its audience by telling a compelling background narrative with a lore-rich world alongside being cute and fun, so yeah, there absolutely is stuff to be spoiled and I appreciate the warning lol.
The lore isn't terrifying, it's most just the lore is deep because there is so much self referencing at every point if you look for it. I'm impressed with the sheer level of continuity at this point.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
The lore isn't terrifying, it's most just the lore is deep because there is so much self referencing at every point if you look for it. I'm impressed with the sheer level of continuity at this point.
Yeah, it's really neat how they've expanded the world itself into this huge epic. I've always loved Kirby storytelling for how off the wall crazy it gets from where it starts; Star Allies main antagonists are basically an evil cult, so it's cool to see them give such high stakes to a franchise that normally wouldn't have such a narrative.

And the best part is they did it via pause screens 98% of the people who play don't read, lol.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's best not to take it seriously because it's a cutesy series that happens to have eldritch abominations that are also super cutesy.

But can he beat Goku Spongebob?
It depends.

In a fight to the death? Probably.

In a Krabby Patty cooking contest? Definitely not.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So apparently Cleffa has a much better chance of showing up during the day

It's currently nighttime in my game

...Yeah I'm cutting this session short for a single Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom