• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What is that, a roach?
No he's a giant
TsuPro this movie comes out in 3 months bring it to the Netherlands please
Man just yesterday I had a guy commit a twitter moment and be surprised that people didn't want to give him sympathy for acting hella out of line. What is it with these types cause it's always the people who have views like this

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
if y'all hate twitter then why use it?

this is a genuine question
I post my art, and find other cool art. Simple as that for me.

Don't think I mentioned it much earlier but I got a bit of progress in Okami. Still very early on in the game, but now I've got the Cherry Bomb. Did some early side content and got some extra moves. I like it enough so far. Combat's already more fun than most Zeldas and you can jump.

I also very much prefer being able to upgrade yourself with praise rather than having to scour the world for heart pieces, it's not as fun in Zelda as it is in Metroid or Mega Man X. So far I've been splitting my attention between Health and Ink. Haven't spent too much money that 4 or 5 fights couldn't fix up. I think Ink's more important cause I haven't taken much damage at all in the game yet. I think I gotta head to Agata Forest next. So like I said, pretty early on, cause I know the game is practically 3 arcs worth of content.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Twitter I mostly use to follow fan artists and some niche fanbases. I think I've had more positive experiences than negative for the most part, but that's probably the computer algorithm created bubble talking.

Only real negatives I've experienced have been anything related to politics, being weirdly followed/retweeted by bots, and seeing a fantastic artist delete their accounts due to the most insane Pokemon fanboy I've ever seen.

Anytime I think I want to be more opinionated, I usually quit halfway through posting or delete 5 minutes later.

dream1ng

Smash Champion
Twitter is like if discourse was a competition with trying to find common ground being a red card, and browsing it, or usually even just looking at the trending hashtags is fairly upsetting. It's so histrionic. I don't have an account so I don't have a curated bubble and I just see the entropy unfold.

I don't doubt you can tailor it to not be horrible, but innately it's just horrendous.

Shroob

Sup?
Twitter is like if discourse was a competition with trying to find common ground being a red card, and browsing it, or usually even just looking at the trending hashtags is fairly upsetting. It's so histrionic. I don't have an account so I don't have a curated bubble and I just see the entropy unfold.

I don't doubt you can tailor it to not be horrible, but innately it's just horrendous.
You can't reign in chaos

Only put it off and pray you still have time left.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I've had a bit of a **** last night cause of news in Eastern Europe, having a freakout that I thought I got Covid and a fight with my dad and to top it all off no sleep at all cause of restless leg syndrome.

Good news?

I got my best friend IRL into Hololive music.
Smugster - Copy.jpg

**** is happening the few days before I turn 25. Adds to more stress.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Yup beat it twice now. Gonna keep this save though cause I have plans for it.
Is it possible to start another save file under a different Switch profile? Cause I don't feel like sacrificing my save file, I'm pretty attached to it

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Is it possible to start another save file under a different Switch profile? Cause I don't feel like sacrificing my save file, I'm pretty attached to it
Yeah, make a new profile and use that to play a new game. I have two alt profiles for these occasions, so that I can play the game from the start without losing my primary account's progress.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Yeah, make a new profile and use that to play a new game. I have two alt profiles for these occasions, so that I can play the game from the start without losing my primary account's progress.
Sweet, might replay the game soon

Probably gonna pick Cyndaquil despite it being my least favorite of the trio since I missed out on using Basculegion on my last playthrough

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The final episode of season 1 of the Cuphead Show man.

Imagine if they ended the show right there. Man just how downbeat that would be. xD

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Street Fighter 6 is… idk how to feel about it. I partly feel like it’s still way too close to the end of SFV to be a product yet, but it clearly exists so… I hope it’s interesting I guess. Not looking forward to waiting for months for a character reveal only for it to be another SF2 character again. But hopefully it has more content at launch then V did.

D

Deleted member

So... today's Pokemon announcements, I expected nothing and was still disappointed. Being able to get Gmax Venusaur and Blastoise is nice for people who don't have the DLC and it's a good, if boring, way to farm for multiple Flame/Toxic Orbs without having to rely on atrocious RNG. Still feels underwhelming though.

And as for BDSP, they're really going out of their way to block cloned Pokemon from everything. Yay for more mindless grinding. And yet, three months after release, we still have no news on the GWS or Home support. At this point the game will have no players left once those features drop, especially with SwSh being considered the main games where battle competitions are being held. The way this game is being handled is a joke at this point.

I really wonder if there's something planned for the 27th and they're holding back, because right now none of this feels like a celebration.

osby

Smash Obsessed
That's him, the guy from American Gods

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Genma race:

1645540291018.png

“I’m Genma Baldur. I am the immortal one! O humans, lament for me!”

Alignment: Light-Law

Origin: Nordic mythology. A god of light. When his mother Frigg had a dream of his death, she made everything on Earth vow never to hurt him, which only a mistletoe was passed over. When Loki learned about this, he tricked the blind god Höðr to kill his brother Baldur with it and then refused to cry for Baldur even if it could bring him back from death. Baldur was beloved by all and his death was the beginning of Ragnarok.

Skills: Hamabarion, Light Dracostrike, Akashic Arts, Samarecarm

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Night race.

Baldur’s name may mean bright/white/brave or prince. His design is a pretty interesting take on his legend, as the halo behind his head represents not only light, but also holy people in Christianity, a possible reference to how close that religion is with written records of Norse mythology and how Baldur is a messianic character. His chains are seemed to be what held him in Hel but are seemingly broken. Maybe it’s because Baldur’s story has a good ending where he returned from Hel after Ragnarok and lived happily with his brother.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom