• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Better late than never

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Holy race:

1645192551017.png

“I’m Holy Dawon. My fangs sear and my claws burn. Don’t get too close, dearie.”

Alignment: Light-Chaos

Origin: Tibetan mythology. A sacred tiger that’s also known as Gdon in Hinduism and represented in Bengali culture as the liger Ghatokbahini. She’s the mount of goddess Durga, offered to her by the gods in order to carry her to victorious battles. As a violent tigress with pure white fur, Dawon uses her claws and teeth to rip Durga's enemies apart, notably the buffalo demon Mahishasur. She’s worshiped as a protector of peace.

Skills: Nihil Claw, Severing Bite, Maragion, Tarukaja

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Vile race.

Despite her heavy association with fire in SMT, I couldn’t find a source directly connecting Dawon to it. Maybe something about Durga’s own motifs because it seems like a rather big thing for games to completely make up. Design-wise Dawon is simple as they come but it’s not like burning tiger is not the coolest thing ever so I give it a pass. She can also be seen as a fire counterpart to Byakko, another holy Asian tiger who usually learns ice skills.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
NGL I've been enjoying the NSO Expansion Pack more than I thought I would.

Well? What are you all waiting for? I said the forbidden words, post the reaction images, we gotta stay on script.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So yeah, I can reccommend the Cuphead show if your a fan of "stupid for the sake of being stupid" shows like Spongebob and Looney Tunes. If you're looking for a story driven toon (for whatever reason), look somewhere else. But it's a fun watch, pretty funny too.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
So yeah, I can reccommend the Cuphead show if your a fan of "stupid for the sake of being stupid" shows like Spongebob and Looney Tunes. If you're looking for a story driven toon (for whatever reason), look somewhere else. But it's a fun watch, pretty funny too.
Did

Did people actually think it would have an actual narrative and not be zany and wacky

'cause

'cause I think they may have missed the point of the game if they did

FazDude

Smash Master
I haven't watched the Cuphead Show proper yet, but as a big fan of the game it's named after... I don't think it really matters if the story's complex or not.

Were there missed opportunities to make the show feel more like a 30's cartoon? Yeah. Do I feel like it could have worked better as a show geared for an older audience? Yep. With all that in mind, though, the show's harmless at absolute worst; It looks nice, and I feel like the show benefits from not following the game's plot 1:1. Overall, it's just mindless fun, which is what 30's cartoons were like, so they nailed it there. If they had gone out of their way to make a richer story, I don't think it would have hit as hard for me as it did.

I know we're in an era where cartoons are getting deeper and more narrative-heavy these days, but I don't think that means every cartoon should be like that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
checking out Bel Air…idk what to think so far

FazDude

Smash Master
checking out Bel Air…idk what to think so far
til a fresh prince reboot is a thing

In all seriousness, I did a little research and to be honest, I'm really not digging it so far. Nothing wrong with wanting a darker take on the original show, but the contrast between the original and this is really, REALLY jarring. At least the original fan-made trailer (which Will Smith based Bel-Air off of) retained some of the high-spirited, feel-good energy of Fresh Prince in some capacity while still remaining as a more grounded take on the show. This just feels like another drama series (with a lot of potential, mind you) with the Fresh Prince IP slapped on it.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
NGL I've been enjoying the NSO Expansion Pack more than I thought I would.

Well? What are you all waiting for? I said the forbidden words, post the reaction images, we gotta stay on script.
ew Nintendo bootlicker why would you pay for it vote with your wallet NSO Expand Dong bad just emulate asdfghjkl
4BE0FE2D-F986-4619-BB44-34B367C507B5.jpeg

———

I may not like the 50 dollar yearly price myself, as it seems disappointing for that price imo (it’s nice they’re willing to improve the emulation quality though), but I’ve still been tempted to get it; at least for the first try it would be 30-something bucks, though I’m wanting to use my money for other games like Kirby. Despite my feelings though I understand others who want to get it, and the “vote with your wallet” people seem really annoying (not like their plan is going to work anyway, and why do they think they’re entitled to telling others what to do with their money lol).

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
til a fresh prince reboot is a thing

In all seriousness, I did a little research and to be honest, I'm really not digging it so far. Nothing wrong with wanting a darker take on the original show, but the contrast between the original and this is really, REALLY jarring. At least the original fan-made trailer (which Will Smith based Bel-Air off of) retained some of the high-spirited, feel-good energy of Fresh Prince in some capacity while still remaining as a more grounded take on the show. This just feels like another drama series (with a lot of potential, mind you) with the Fresh Prince IP slapped on it.
It does feel like what you described, especially with how Carlton is like so far. Maybe it does get better, but for now Inget the sense of Will Smith and the Banks family accidentally getting drowned in the world of Empire, Power, and Atlanta

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
if true, then this is hella weird
Surprised given The Loud House's popularity so you'd expect a spin-off doing just as good.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Surprised given The Loud House's popularity so you'd expect a spin-off doing just as good.
that is literally the same logic and thought process I had. Makes me wonder if the Loud House franchise is slowly losing popularity or something for a spin-off to die

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
that is literally the same logic and thought process I had. Makes me wonder if the Loud House franchise is slowly losing popularity or something for a spin-off to die
I'd be surprised honestly, from what I see. Loud House fandom seems to be as popular if not as popular as Spongebob.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
if true, then this is hella weird
I know it pulled in Spongebob numbers, but tbh there's really nothing you can really do with the Loud House unlike the Sponge. It was just Nick's Cleveland Show.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom