• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Actually

-adjusts glasses-

-crosses arms-

-draws red circles and arrow points at random locations-

Pokémon has been in a downward trend ever since its rocky transition to 3D, all video game developers who I disagree with are lazy, all graphics are bad, Sonic was never good, the MCU is bad actually, Gen 5 is Shakespearean, anime bad, where scrimblo, N64 was peak gaming, the 90's were literally perfect, and everything children like that aren't the things I liked as a child are cringe.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Thoughts on this idea?

Keanu Reeves as Vandal Savage for a potential origin film or HBOMax series.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
part of me wants to try NSO Expand Dong but I also feel like the price kinda sucks when I have my PC sitting right there...and since it's apparently not even as nice as the Wii U's virtual console emulation (well at least for Ocarina of Time). also since I want to spend my money on other Switch games. It's nice that they're apparently willing to fix things though, but they still gotta do some more + the drip feed of games is really sucky.

maybe if they add some modern games to the service like XBox does it'd feel nicer. or if they add GB/GBC/GBA or GameCube.

I really hope they add GBA at some point because the 3DS was sitting right there for them, yet unless I just didn't pay enough attention, they were never added to it. I guess it wasn't strong enough for their emulation though since I guess only the New 3DS could run the SNES games well even if an older 3DS was hacked to just try and run them iirc.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Isn't emulation piracy?
Even when you legally play an NES/SNES/N64 and maybe even the Arcade Archives on the Switch, it's still being emulated. They don't actually rewrite the code for modern platforms.

Same goes for most retro compilations like Namco Museum.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Almost all piracy is emulation but not all emulation is piracy.
Even when you legally play an NES/SNES/N64 and maybe even the Arcade Archives on the Switch, it's still being emulated. They don't actually rewrite the code for modern platforms.

Same goes for most retro compilations like Namco Museum.
I mean on private emulators like desmume or citra

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
y'know I wonder if Nintendo would stop second market selling if they could. iirc they seem to see the games as still being their property after you've bought them, not wanting you to rip the roms even for personal use and no redistribution. At least, some policy or ToS or whatever thing seemed to say something like this iirc, I think on their website somewhere. Plus they hate modding.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
y'know I wonder if Nintendo would stop second market selling if they could. iirc they seem to see the games as still being their property after you've bought them, not wanting you to rip the roms even for personal use and no redistribution. At least, some policy or ToS or whatever thing seemed to say something like this iirc, I think on their website somewhere.
Any company would do that if they could

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom