• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I found another random shiny yanma while beating alpha usaling up. I need a outbreak though to perfect his pokedex since I have to scare five with a scatter bang.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I would honestly but figures and stuff for anime again if it didn't cost an arm and a leg, nor hard to get all the time.............................................that last point wait:

That's almost exactly what its like with some manga and (**** you anime companies) some anime in the future.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I found another random shiny yanma while beating alpha usaling up. I need a outbreak though to perfect his pokedex since I have to scare five with a scatter bang.
You can just throw them in the overworld and they count, don't see why you need wait for an outbreak when you can just go around the part where Alpha Yanmega can be found, sneak uo and then toss the scatterbangs

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You can just throw them in the overworld and they count, don't see why you need wait for an outbreak when you can just go around the part where Alpha Yanmega can be found, sneak uo and then toss the scatterbangs
Usaling doesn’t spawn outside of the alpha though? I’m guess you were thinking of Yanmega? Also I don’t think alphas can be scared off but I’ll see if it counts.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So, today marks the one year anniversary of this reveal:

I know a lot of you guys aren't particularly fond of them but I just can't express enough how thankful I am that Xenoblade 2 was given a second chance. Even with all its faults, no game in recent memory has left such a lasting and positive impression on me like it, and I'll never not be delighted that it's been immortalized in Smash to this extent.
I know I'm late but you know I have to say something.

So, I owe a lot to Smash, such as helping me make friends and leading me to SmashBoards where I got to meet you all and become a writer. So it says a lot when I say that one of the most significant things that Smash has done for me is introduce me to Xenoblade. Honestly before the Aegis' announcement, I had no interest in the series. I thought it wasn't for me since I tend to struggle to get into JRPGs and especially with 2 I had some misconceptions of the game as I'll put it.

But when Pyra and Mythra were announced, I was like "Well I got into Dragon Quest and ARMS when their fighters were announced so I'll give Xenoblade a go". Plus I had gotten into the habit of trying out every DLC fighter's game so I can join in on the hype as well. So the next day after the Aegis' announcement, I bought Xenoblade 2 barely knowing anything about it. That may seem like a dumb decision but throughout my 22 years on this planet I've only regretted buying a game a handful of times so this kind of situation usually works out for me.

So I booted up the game and the rest is history. Let me say that Xenoblade 2 is one of the most heartfelt and beautiful games I've ever played. To put it into perspective when I beat the game, well first I ended up losing sleep that night because of my crying and my mind racing with everything that happened at the end, but also I did not want to play or watch any other game other than Xenoblade 2 for a good two weeks. In a way this was torture because whenever I went to play the game again I couldn't enjoy the gameplay because my mind would wander and I would get emotional. So it was a cycle of listening to Xenoblade 2 music, looking through the art book, and playing Smash just for the Xenoblade content.

Fortunately I managed to move onto other stuff but now that Xenoblade 3 has been announced I'm back to being obsessed again and am currently going through a new game+ run. There is just something really magical about this game, I almost want to live in Alrest. Despite it being a world full of dying titans to live on, it's actually kind of peaceful and beautiful in a way. It's a weird dichotomy that made me latch onto the game.

I could go on and on but the point is I'm very grateful to Smash for introducing me to one of my favorite game series of all time and I'm so relieved it has been immortalized.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So, today marks the one year anniversary of this reveal:

I know a lot of you guys aren't particularly fond of them but I just can't express enough how thankful I am that Xenoblade 2 was given a second chance. Even with all its faults, no game in recent memory has left such a lasting and positive impression on me like it, and I'll never not be delighted that it's been immortalized in Smash to this extent.
lady swords

Dutch Raikuna

I really want to get something expensive for my birthday end of next week but what?

I've saved enough to get something like a new laptop or if pushing it and digital only a PS5 but for some reason, I'm hesitant.
If push comes to shove then I'll get these three though if I don't get over it:

1645141591562.png
1645142209049.png
1645141651981.png

Considering all three of these are at very, very tempting prices in two stores in my local area.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Twitter is very obsessed with what characters or villains could be in the Sonic 3 movie despite the fact nobody has seen Sonic 2 yet

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyway I’m pretty convinced DLC is coming for Arceus. The room that was found is listed after every other area in the game. It also leads out to a much bigger land space that already has paths, flowers and more. Could be for testing, but with the leakers teasing it, and there being a tease of Alder and Maxie’s respective ancestors, it feels something is coming.

My prediction is looker will end up in the past and this will be set before ORAS.

The other goal will be to build the battle zone island up with a certain someone from the story.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
DLC for PLA is, IMO, a super safe bet given how well the game is doing and how well received the concept was with SwSh.

Plus the leaked modern room would be a really weird testing thing: Why would it be that detailed? Could be unused, but we'll see.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I really want to get something expensive for my birthday end of next week but what?

I've saved enough to get something like a new laptop or if pushing it and digital only a PS5 but for some reason, I'm hesitant.
If push comes to shove then I'll get these three though if I don't get over it:

View attachment 345498 View attachment 345501View attachment 345499

Considering all three of these are at very, very tempting prices in two stores in my local area.
Ezio Collections is phenomenal but I will say that Ubisoft often drops their prices to an insane amount during mid year and end year sales so your best bet is to wait till then to get them even cheaper. Still do get the game, please, just wait a little bit for it to go on sale cause we all know Arceus and Skyward Sword will probably never go on sale again.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I know I'm late but you know I have to say something.

So, I owe a lot to Smash, such as helping me make friends and leading me to SmashBoards where I got to meet you all and become a writer. So it says a lot when I say that one of the most significant things that Smash has done for me is introduce me to Xenoblade. Honestly before the Aegis' announcement, I had no interest in the series. I thought it wasn't for me since I tend to struggle to get into JRPGs and especially with 2 I had some misconceptions of the game as I'll put it.

But when Pyra and Mythra were announced, I was like "Well I got into Dragon Quest and ARMS when their fighters were announced so I'll give Xenoblade a go". Plus I had gotten into the habit of trying out every DLC fighter's game so I can join in on the hype as well. So the next day after the Aegis' announcement, I bought Xenoblade 2 barely knowing anything about it. That may seem like a dumb decision but throughout my 22 years on this planet I've only regretted buying a game a handful of times so this kind of situation usually works out for me.

So I booted up the game and the rest is history. Let me say that Xenoblade 2 is one of the most heartfelt and beautiful games I've ever played. To put it into perspective when I beat the game, well first I ended up losing sleep that night because of my crying and my mind racing with everything that happened at the end, but also I did not want to play or watch any other game other than Xenoblade 2 for a good two weeks. In a way this was torture because whenever I went to play the game again I couldn't enjoy the gameplay because my mind would wander and I would get emotional. So it was a cycle of listening to Xenoblade 2 music, looking through the art book, and playing Smash just for the Xenoblade content.

Fortunately I managed to move onto other stuff but now that Xenoblade 3 has been announced I'm back to being obsessed again and am currently going through a new game+ run. There is just something really magical about this game, I almost want to live in Alrest. Despite it being a world full of dying titans to live on, it's actually kind of peaceful and beautiful in a way. It's a weird dichotomy that made me latch onto the game.

I could go on and on but the point is I'm very grateful to Smash for introducing me to one of my favorite game series of all time and I'm so relieved it has been immortalized.
Wonderfully said.

I had no idea what I was getting into with XC2 and initially had only picked up due to Shulk's inclusion in Smash 4 and to "fill the gap" in the Switch's software lineup at the time. Just an hour in, I was already swept up by the gorgeous art direction of the world and the absolutely masterful soundtrack. Despite being a game I was playing for the first time, it exuded a real cozy and nostalgic ambience that brought me back to the good old days of JRPGs.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
DLC for PLA is, IMO, a super safe bet given how well the game is doing and how well received the concept was with SwSh.

Plus the leaked modern room would be a really weird testing thing: Why would it be that detailed? Could be unused, but we'll see.
There are rumors that PLA waa meant to be a D&P remake before GF went "Oh ****, this is NOTHING like D&P" and made PLA it's own game

Now that sounds like a reach to me, doesn't make sense considering how things are planned, but who knows.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm just going to assume either the opening or ending of the game would've involved the protagonist in their present-day room at some point. And it'd only be a cutscene thing, since one of the walls lacks detail and you can clip through the furniture.

Noipoi

Howdy!
would you like DLC

I got some DLC

some very super special, very radical, tot-ally tu-bu-lar, DEE ELL SEE

for BDSP :wario:
No, cuz then they’d have to add the battle frontier. And we can’t have that.

This thread is stuck in a Legends Arceus loop.
Hmm

The thread filled with Pokémon fans

Is constantly talking about the big new Pokémon game

85ACFC2C-7DFD-441C-B214-C337395D7CD1.jpeg

It really makes you think…

Dutch Raikuna

Ezio Collections is phenomenal but I will say that Ubisoft often drops their prices to an insane amount during mid year and end year sales so your best bet is to wait till then to get them even cheaper. Still do get the game, please, just wait a little bit for it to go on sale cause we all know Arceus and Skyward Sword will probably never go on sale again.
Its about £35/$45Ezio Collection but AC2 on the go has been such a life long dream of mine.

Skyward Sword is the most expendable of them but you'd be surprised that its usually a remaster like that price drops pretty well. And I'm going for physical for all these. About £35 as well.

Legends Arceus is £40/$55 at a store and will stay there for a few months so its tempting.

Wonderfully said.

I had no idea what I was getting into with XC2 and initially had only picked up due to Shulk's inclusion in Smash 4 and to "fill the gap" in the Switch's software lineup at the time. Just an hour in, I was already swept up by the gorgeous art direction of the world and the absolutely masterful soundtrack. Despite being a game I was playing for the first time, it exuded a real cozy and nostalgic ambience that brought me back to the good old days of JRPGs.
I fell in excitement with Xenoblade 2 when I watched the reveal like the third time.
The head moving of Gormott got me excited but when I saw Xenoblade 2 I was like "huh..........." considering 2 would have involved Shulk and co years later (well, we are sorta getting with 3). Felt a bit gutted as I was really hoping for a sort of "next generation after Xenoblade 1's ending going on a grand expedition beyond" story but I was treated nonetheless.

I love the games to pieces and while playing Mario Kart 8, Fire Emblem Warriors and Super Mario Odyssey on the go was crazy, Xenoblade 2 blew my mind to kingdom come of the Switch's capability. I'll tell this story again.

I started Xenoblade 2 in my room in Ireland on docked mode, launch day. I finished it at the tail end of the month in handheld mode over 4,000 miles away in a campervan in the US. I think it took me about 120 hours to beat story wise. Sadly something like that game and distance will never happen for me again so it adds to how special it was for me.

Xenoblade 3DS was similar but 3DS is a pure handheld. I feel a bit sad now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom