• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So i finished redownloading all my stuff onto a new SD card on my 3DS.

My takeaway is that most of the Eshop games i cared about i can easily find roms of them because Gameboy and Gameboy color emulation has been readily available for over a decade lol

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
just got out of the theater, watched Spider-Man: Uncharted Home…I mean…Uncharted…

honestly a really good movie. Easy 7/10. Tom obtained another dub in the acting world.
A5CC129D-527F-422C-878C-42E214A71DC9.jpeg

now let him be in Euphoria you ****ers

Shroob

Sup?
The internet is a strange place

I was today years old when I found out about a Japanese NicoNico account(Their version of YouTube) that was named Toby Fox

Which did remixes of the Undertale ost

But sung by Terry Bogard saying "Burn Knuckle" over and over

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The internet is a strange place

I was today years old when I found out about a Japanese NicoNico account(Their version of YouTube) that was named Toby Fox

Which did remixes of the Undertale ost

But sung by Terry Bogard saying "Burn Knuckle" over and over

It's not as strange as you think.

See, I don't know much about Undertale or anything, but I know there's a song in the follow up called Big Shot.

Now, as you know, this is of course a direct reference to another song called Big Shot, which was the theme song of Terry Bogard in the 1995 Arcade Fighting Game, Fata Fury 3: Road to the Final Victory. And the Sans Mii costume was revealed closely with Terry Bogard in Smash.

What this means is that Geese Howard will show up in that Deltarune thing.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
y'know I wonder if Nintendo would stop second market selling if they could. iirc they seem to see the games as still being their property after you've bought them, not wanting you to rip the roms even for personal use and no redistribution. At least, some policy or ToS or whatever thing seemed to say something like this iirc, I think on their website somewhere. Plus they hate modding.
Pfft, good friend Nintendo would never do that, they're like part of my family because they gave me such great gems like Scrimblo Bimblo as a kid, you're just being paranoi-OOPS I TRIPPED

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
sigh I'm now one class away from fully finishing my course.

GraduationDayComingUp.jpg

I feel a bit empty. I'm gonna miss my mornings until the job starts so I might see about joining a gym for real. I'll get a game today.

Pfft, good friend Nintendo would never do that, they're like part of my family because they gave me such great gems like Scrimblo Bimblo as a kid, you're just being paranoi-OOPS I TRIPPED
And the world was not surprised.

Still calling it the day with this **** Nintendo and all pulls off in the gaming industry, they will eventually get in trouble somewhere on and more anti-trust laws (maybe EU or somewhere like Canada).
Same with licensing and stuff. I'm betting a company like Netflix will get in trouble for that and have to go by region instead.

They want to stop this or piracy? Simplify the system!

But I'm not getting into this as it drags me the whole day away.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Gonna get back to my BDSP playthrough since I haven't played that game in a hot minute. I just beat Gardenia.

I don't know what my team is going to be, but I have Grotle, Murkrow, and Ponyta who I know I wanna use. So that's 3/6. Gonna need a water type, a fighting type, and maybe a fairy type.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
About a previous Devil Showcase:

Remember Yam? The weirdly inappropriate-looking jellyfish god? I was trying to piece together what the hell the sticks he holds were supposed to represent for weeks and I finally figured it out: They are supposed to be Yagrush and Ayamur, two magical clubs that Ba'al used to defeat him!

That's one thing I adore about MegaTen games' creature designs, there are so many small details that can easily go unnoticed but go a long way to make the designs so distinctly memorable.

(Fun fact: Ayamur is actually referenced in Smash, as Byleth's ax "Aymr".)

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
BHM: Day 18.
The Cuphead Show is out today, so I should highlight another VA
Tru_Valentino.jpg

Meet Tru Valenino, who is Cuphead's VA in the show. Today's gonna be hella short however, because for the first time ever, I can't really finds info on him aside from his works, which makes me believe he's more of an up and coming VA. But make sure to give him every ounce of support, ok?

Aside from Cuphead, he's also the voice of Black Panther in Spidey and Friends, and has done work in Fast and Furious animated spin offs. He was also in Psychonauts 2, We Baby Bears, the Loud House franchise, and several Dreamworks spin offs.

IMBD
Instagram

Jondolio

Smash Hero
****ing hell Brilliant Diamond is so slow

I genuinely don't think I can go back to this. If Gamefreak goes back to the old style of Pokémon for the next game I hope they at least keep Legends Arceus's battle speed

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So many things to be excited for this year. Skull Island anime potentially, God of War: Ragnarok, plenty of movies (The Batman, Sonic 2, Top Gun: Maverick, Jurassic World: Dominion, Black Adam, etc.), season 2 of Primal.

Just hope God of War: Ragnarok doesn't get delayed like Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League did though...

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Alright you ****lords. I finally caved since it was actually £35/$45. Noipoi Noipoi I blame you. Your enthusiasm (Plus Ezio Collection has download for only game) has made me get it.

1645199643629.png

Physical copy number 46: Pokemon Legends Arceus. I

Now, do you expect me to be TALKING about it here?

haha-anime.gif

Nah, this is a game I go solo on. This a one off cause I completed all of my coursework and have a had established a rapport with a company I'll be working at. I needed a reward.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Alright you ****lords. I finally caved since it was actually £35/$45. Noipoi Noipoi I blame you.

View attachment 345538

Physical copy number 46: Pokemon Legends Arceus. I'll get Forbidden West when I have a new TV.

Now, do you expect me to be TALKING about it here?

View attachment 345539

Nah, this is a game I go solo on. This a one off cause I completed all of my coursework and have a had a phonecall with the company I'm getting a work placement at.
Ok but you better post pics of your team once you're done

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm no movie marketing expert but does Illumination have more control than Nintendo when it comes to promoting the Mario movie?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
**** I’m old and have to witness Undertaker evolving beyond retirement oh god

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Next up on the list is Black Panther. Marvel's very first black character. Obviously, I wanted to draw him again if I was doing a set of Black History Month drawings around comic book characters. I did 2 versions cause I really like the Black with blue highlights for the old-school look.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Playing in the Sw/Sh online competition. Man I forgot how fun competitive pokemon is.

There's not a lot of try hards so my Noivern and Dialga lead are wrecking things. Noivern is a nuisance with Tailwind and Super Fang, but I'm surprised by how much damage it keeps doing with Huricane. And Dynamax Dialga under Tailwind is a monster.

This is the main reason I want traditonal pokemon games to continue to exist as their own pillar. Legends Arceus's battle system is really streamlined sure but man, it would suck for competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom