• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If I'm not mistaken, aren't the first 3D models Pokemon from the first 2 gens just copy pasted from Stadium for like all the future games up until X&Y?

Like, not saying they didn't have expressiveness but at the cost of that half of the mons looked straight up BAD.
Actually now that i'm thinking about it would it have been possible to retexture them or put new models on top of the old rigs?

People like these models because of how animated they are so surely they could have just edited the model on top like they did by editing Hau's model to make Hop.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Was thinking today about starting to look into collecting old DS games again......................................then I saw this for ****ing £40.

View attachment 343574

Yeah....................nope.

Did find this for a good price though:
View attachment 343575
Prices for second hand games can sometimes be rather bizarre at times.

I remember when I first purchased Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn during the days of the Wii, it only costed under £40, but now it costs £80 for a second hand copy which is double the original amount which is rather strange unless the game is very rare and hard to find today.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236

say the bad word
you know what. are you a loser, loser? cause your from loser town loser!!!!!!!! BAD WORD BOMB INCOMING TAKE COVER: Sharty fart mc fart boy

It’s ok, I know I’m a master of comedy you don’t have to tell me.
PIC DONT GO HARD

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, the modern models are fine (and much better than still keeping that N64 Bellossom with square petals around), it's mostly the animations that kinda suck. But I will admit, Legends Arceus has gotten a lot better with that.

My biggest gripe with the modern models is simply how washed out the colors of the textures look. I still remember when I got that Charmander in XY and thought it was shiny because of how desaturated the colors were. They really should be more vibrant.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Actually now that i'm thinking about it would it have been possible to retexture them or put new models on top of the old rigs?

People like these models because of how animated they are so surely they could have just edited the model on top like they did by editing Hau's model to make Hop.
They'd probably have to remake the models from the ground up regardless considering N64 models are uh... very outdated and they won't be able to mask it up with high quality textures when the poly count is so low and the gake is HD.

And if they have to remake the models from the ground up, then there a very good chance they have to remake the animations because sometimes the rigging would be off and they gotta change that. Well, of course they don't have too, Tekken is king of reusing animations, and that's fine and all but let's be real some of them look super jank nowadays especially for old characters when you compare them to the new characters. With Pokemon, that's over 500 characters reusing and recycling old animations for game that's no where near as frantic high paced as Tekken, there's no way they'd get away with it because a lot of mons would look janky as hell. As for the Hau and Hop thing, they future proofed that so the animations are less jankier and much better to use.

TL;DR they are gonna have to remake the models regardless because of the low polycount (and because some mons would look ugly and out of place), and it's for the best they remake the animations because it's not gonna blend well with the new mons.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I remember when I first purchased Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn during the days of the Wii, it only costed under £40, but now it costs £80 for a second hand copy which is double the original amount which is rather strange unless the game is very rare and hard to find today.
Considering copies of those games are no longer being printed by their respective companies and are tied to outdated hardware, it's only natural that the value would shoot up over the years.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

I paid 150 for radiant Dawn lol

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I paid 150 for radiant Dawn lol
Iirc I payed $80 for my copy of Radiant Dawn.

What a steal.
Why buy these games for absurd prices when you could buy De Blob for 4 Dollars (plus $4.75 in shipping)?

Idiots

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wow, that show looks good.
the powers of Penny Proud
you know what. are you a loser, loser? cause your from loser town loser!!!!!!!! BAD WORD BOMB INCOMING TAKE COVER: Sharty fart mc fart boy

It’s ok, I know I’m a master of comedy you don’t have to tell me.
PIC DONT GO HARD
for my future hurt feelings
BDD01CB8-D03C-4D72-9CBA-178348FA39D2.jpeg

They should make this a MFT (Mildly Fungible Token). You can funge the token a little, as a treat. I'd buy it for 1 million eterium
better idea than having a Twitter NFT pfp

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Why buy these games for absurd prices when you could buy De Blob for 4 Dollars (plus $4.75 in shipping)?

Idiots
Dang, I just did the math and I could have bought 9 copies of De Blob instead and still had $0.14285714286 left to spend on something else.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Idiots
I was going through a big GameCube nostalgia phase at the Time lol

I Also remember getting Megaman network transmisión and Luigi's mansión for 10 dollars and Thousand year door and Chibi robo for 40.

And F Zero GX for 5.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It just occurred to me how weird my humor gets when I'm on caffeine.
That's a Australian Shephard mix. They're known for being particularly tech savvy dogs (I once knew a one who'd troll by posting offensive jokes about cats on Twitter)

My sister's dog is a schnauz-pekin-oodle-errir, which are notorious for their technological illiteracy.

I'm shocked you didn't know this, P.
Dang, I just did the math and I could have bought 9 copies of De Blob instead and still had $0.14285714286 left to spend on something else.
I don't think most people would get the latter joke since it depends on very bad math.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Everyone saying

Gears Of War or God of War

When in reality it's

Copaganda

Everyone saying

When in reality it's

Copaganda
Or Pacman Movie in Badass style would be cool.
Imagine Rock portraying Pacman and Ghosts are gonna be portrayed by Chris Pratt (Blinky), Amber Heard (Pinky), Elon Musk (Inky) and Clyde (Frank Welker)

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Apparently Level Up movepools got updates in Legends Arceus

Beautifly: Air Slash
Drifblim: Mystical Fire
Cherrim: Sleep Powder
Torterra: Leaf Blade, Sleep Powder
Mr. Mime: Iron Defense
Tangela and Tangrowth: Acid Spray
Vespiquen, Liligant, Cresselia, Mesprit: Recover
Shaymin Land Form: Recover, Sleep Powder
Eevee Evolutions: Calm Mind
Heracross and Gliscor: Spikes
Toxicroak: Close Combat, Earth Power
Scyther and Scizor: Close Combat
Togekiss: Moonblast
Gardevoir: Ice Beam, Aura Sphere, Recover
Lumineon: Roost

Not sure if the pre evos get em by Level Up as well, but I'd bet good odds regardless

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Everyone saying

When in reality it's

Copaganda
most badass
played for years
He's clearly talking about Gex, c'mon

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236

At 12:21 of this set, Hero gets a grab exactly 1 frame faster than Roy. Not exactly crazy or cool, I just like looking at these little “mini” interactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom