• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Can’t really say much on the matter considering I watched quite a few channels like the growing up.

While I don’t think it’s fair to say an animated movie or tv show doesn’t deserve to be reviewed critically cuz of the demographic it’s intended for, there is a point where I feel like constant tearing and tantrums and holding to different standards these critics tend to fall into does get old quickly. It’d be nice if the more toxic aspects of the animation review community just chilled the **** out

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Can’t really say much on the matter considering I watched quite a few channels like the growing up.

While I don’t think it’s fair to say an animated movie or tv show doesn’t deserve to be reviewed critically cuz of the demographic it’s intended for, there is a point where I feel like constant tearing and tantrums and holding to different standards these critics tend to fall into does get old quickly. It’d be nice if the more toxic aspects of the animation review community just chilled the **** out
I have nothing against critically reviewing things. Heck, my channel will 99% of the time be reviewing family friendly media.

But at this point, everything must be a “cinematic disaster” to these people. :/

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Let’s be real, the best animation reviewers on YouTube are Saberspark and Nicktendo

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So my brother is being loud as crap at 3:30am talking to his successor of a sibling and not caring. Think its time tackle this with meme humour.

Since it's slightly serious and a bit too personal I'm gonna put it in a spoiler:

So true it hurts.jpg

Bit of an exaggeration but the core truth is there.

I said before to not post too personal stuff on the forums but I couldn't resist to do this and well, its a display of my confidence. Might get b'd but I'm gonna post on the Discord server as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the bright side, gonna start collect some pfps for future use, including a few from anime I'm surprised I've not used yet:

A Place Further Than The Universe
New Game
Anything Shinkai that isn't Weathering With You

More or less.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Sometimes you have to ignore people and move on if they aren't changing their stance. Even if you show reason, the urge to "win the argument", even when there was no attempt for an argument, is just a ***** that doesn't listen to reason. No matter how much a person claims to "win the argument", the real winner is the one that doesn't let that notion keep flourishing.
If there's anything I've learned from the internet, it's that all black characters are stereotypes.
And when they don't try to be stereotypes, people either stereotype them or say "they aren't this enough". Gotta love them double standards.

And I loathe the fact that there are stereotypes in regards to trying to be as good a person as possible. I despise the so-called Uncle Tom stereotype(the one labelled as a black person trying to appease white people as much as possible or something like that) so much, when it doesn't even fit the original Uncle Tom(who was trying to be as good a man as possible to his first couple owners and stood up to his last owner who was disgusting and awful to all their slaves).

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
And when they don't try to be stereotypes, people either stereotype them or say "they aren't this enough". Gotta love them double standards.

And I loathe the fact that there are stereotypes in regards to trying to be as good a person as possible. I despise the so-called Uncle Tom stereotype(the one labelled as a black person trying to appease white people as much as possible or something like that) so much, when it doesn't even fit the original Uncle Tom(who was trying to be as good a man as possible to his first couple owners and stood up to his last owner who was disgusting and awful to all their slaves).
Uh... ok?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Uh... ok?
Mostly venting since the post reminded me of that one particular stereotype.

I just loathe the thought that being nice or trying to be as good as person as possible is a stereotype. You know, much like that whole deal regarding "simps", except applied to anything nice or good somebody does. It does nothing but sour or pervert the thought that there are people who try to be good people by giving the notion that people wouldn't be nice or good without a motive.

And there are people like that, yes. But there are people who want to do good or want to make others feel better or happy without wanting anything in return. Considering how many people there are who have been feeling down lately, feeling good or being happy should be rewarding enough.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm not the only one... 👁
I watched the one that was recommended to me, his complaints were that A. Dracula's voice actor didnt come back to reprise the role, and B. the story was really bad compared to the first three and for a supposed finale film it's awkward.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Mostly venting since the post reminded me of that one particular stereotype.

I just loathe the thought that being nice or trying to be as good as person as possible is a stereotype. You know, much like that whole deal regarding "simps", except applied to anything nice or good somebody does. It does nothing but sour or pervert the thought that there are people who try to be good people by giving the notion that people wouldn't be nice or good without a motive.

And there are people like that, yes. But there are people who want to do good or want to make others feel better or happy without wanting anything in return. Considering how many people there are who have been feeling down lately, feeling good or being happy should be rewarding enough.
I don't think you quite understand the Uncle Tom stereotype. It's about it's selling out their own community to gain ranks with higher ups such as politicians, governments, and people who probably don't give a **** about them, most if which tend to be white.

Aside from that idk what illicited that rant because tbh it didn't make sense at all.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I don't think you quite understand the Uncle Tom stereotype. It's about it's selling out their own community to gain ranks with higher ups such as politicians, governments, and people who probably don't give a **** about them, most if which tend to be white.

Aside from that idk what illicited that rant because tbh it didn't make sense at all.
I did mention that I couldn't fully remember the stereotype. But that still fits with what I said in that the stereotype does not fit the original Uncle Tom from Uncle Tom's Cabin, the one who literally died defending another slave and standing up to the owner who was disgusting and abusive to all their slaves. Like why is it called the Uncle Tom stereotype when it's the opposite of him? And even if later perversions are responsible for that stereotype, why has it not been changed?

Like I said, the reason I brought it was mostly because the first post reminded me of that stereotype in particular and I'm venting on I loathe it because of how it feels wrong to call it the Uncle Tom-stereotype when the original character it "originated" from acts the opposite of the stereotype.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I did mention that I couldn't fully remember the stereotype. But that still fits with what I said in that the stereotype does not fit the original Uncle Tom from Uncle Tom's Cabin, the one who literally died defending another slave and standing up to the owner who was disgusting and abusive to all their slaves. Like why is it called the Uncle Tom stereotype when it's the opposite of him? And even if later perversions are responsible for that stereotype, why has it not been changed?

Like I said, the reason I brought it was mostly because the first post reminded me of that stereotype in particular and I'm venting on I loathe it because of how it feels wrong to call it the Uncle Tom-stereotype when the original character it "originated" from acts the opposite of the stereotype.
Black people interpeted it differently. Maybe they saw something different with Uncle Tom that white people didn't. Keep in mind this waa a white woman writing about slavery, so it's gonna look different ti tgose who went through are were not far off from slavery. Doesn't helo that white people weaponized the book against them, because the book was the basis for so many stereotypes against black peopl, comoletely distorting any sort of message that it may have had.

Of course it's gonna be viewed as negative within the black community, I don't view the book nor character highly myself, and I understand why the stereotpye exists because tbh Uncle Tom wasn't that well written in hindsight. Again, it was written by some white woman who never experience what the main subject experienced, it's gonna fall falt to those who did.

Edit: just wanted to say though, this is specifically a black community thing and a black community thing only.

Last edited:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Welcome to today's Smash Bros MTG crossover. Today, I'm covering Squirtle, who I learned is the Tiny Turtle Pokemon. He's cute; I love him.
Here's the little guy:
Squirtle, Kanto's Wave

His shell protects him from harm and his water pushes back his opponents, which are aspects present within the Pokemon and Smash Bros versions of himself. Next up is Ivysaur, for whom I may entirely forget about his poison typing, just like Gamefreak. See you then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom