• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Are people going to have to find a different man for Nintendo to hire now?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Nah man he saw 15 year old in bare feet, he's gonna love it and weirdos will insist he is just arguing objective facts
Uh, about that

Please get this ***** out of the community.

On the bright side the replies and quotes are beating his ass so maybe there is hope.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Uh, about that

Please get this ***** out of the community.

On the bright side the replies and quotes are beating his ass so maybe there is hope.
I think I just had a stroke just trying to read that.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I learned something. The GBA game Mario Bros. (the one that is bundled with the Super Mario Advance games and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga) had a change in the Wii U Virtual Console ports- the palettes for the multiplayer Mario's were changed so that they match the playable Mii's clothes from New Super Mario Bros. U.

The only problem is Wii U Virtual Console doesn't have multiplayer support.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hold up, what DistantKingdom said was unironic?
Alright, so for some context for those lucky enough to not know, a couple years back DK caught flack for modding underaged girls to be barefoot and in skimpy swimwear. Around the same time, he also caught heat for his uh... interesting takes on pedophilia. People put two and two together and made a pretty logical conclusion about him from all that. Flash firward to this year, and now he's going full copium because his ass getting kicked on Twitter has lived rent free for all those years, and trying to orove that him modding wasn't weird at all if GameFreak did it (even though his reasonings were different than GF's).

So tldr, yeah. It was unironic. This man should not be allowed in the Pokemon community.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Not sure if anyone's posted this here yet, but...
The Cuphead Show trailer is out. It looks really good.
It keeps characters from the game while also introducing new characters. I would've liked if the animation looked more 30s-Cartoonish, but considering how hard it is to do that style of animation, I'm fine.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
So, I guess now that Pokémon fans have no material, the next funny punching bag, YouTube video bait will be Sonic Frontiers later in the year.

But first, did you all know that Sonic had a rocky transition to 3D, and even kissed a human one time??? What was SEGA thinking!

[Catchphrase greeting] everyone! I'm [YouTuber] and today we'll be taking a look at Sonic games and why they're all bad. But first, here's a word from our sponsor, [Product you don't care about]!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Sometimes I feel like I'm too cynical and old.

Cause I honest to god tend to find myself agreeing with the criticism more than not tbh.

MooMew64

Sometimes I feel like I'm too cynical and old.

Cause I honest to god tend to find myself agreeing with the criticism more than not tbh.
Criticism is good, it's the only way something can grow and learn.

What isn't good is people don't know what constructive criticism is, so it always devolves into an attack on an artist's character rather than trying to give any meaningful or helpful advice.

Because of this being the overwhelmingly popular mindset with things, we tend to get trapped in a never-ending cycle of negativity and toxicity where people just come out of it hating what they once loved.

Shroob

Sup?

What isn't good is people don't know what constructive criticism is, so it always devolves into an attack on an artist's character rather than trying to give any meaningful or helpful advice.

Because of this being the overwhelmingly popular mindset with things, we tend to get trapped in a never-ending cycle of negativity and toxicity where people just come out of it hating what they once loved.
I think issue is though, that there's the other end of the spectrum as well.

Take the current NSO issue for example. Go anywhere and you're going to see people defending it to high heaven and denounce anyone who has issues with the price/game selection/emulation issues as simply "Whining."

I can understand there being criticism for the sake of criticism, but the issue in my eyes is that there's also toxic positivity, where if you don't like what you're given then you're just whining and should shut up.

MooMew64

I think issue is though, that there's the other end of the spectrum as well.

Take the current NSO issue for example. Go anywhere and you're going to see people defending it to high heaven and denounce anyone who has issues with the price/game selection/emulation issues as simply "Whining."

I can understand there being criticism for the sake of criticism, but the issue in my eyes is that there's also toxic positivity, where if you don't like what you're given then you're just whining and should shut up.
That's just as bad a problem too, TBH.

And the worst part is that 99% of the dumb drama that keeps happening in fandoms (especially in the last 5 years) always devolve into these two camps screaming bloody murder at each other and rehashing and repeating the same arguments over and over and over again.

Someone may be perfectly content with NSO, and they have the right to that opinion. Someone may be very disappointed with it and think it's a very poor showing, which is also valid.

But no one wants to just...Talk. Y'know, just share opinions. Contrasting thoughts on the things they enjoy and be open to one another's viewpoints.

It's always gotta end in an "I win" moment with these discussions and TBH that blows.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

The only reason this happens is because people keep defending obviously bad desicions as if criticising said desicions is a personal attack or something.
Which starts off with the feeling that your talking to a brick wall and then of course escalates to the toxicity you describe.

I'll be 100% honest, i feel like toxic positivity is a MUCH bigger problem than toxic negativity, toxic negativity only comes around because the people in question feel their voices are being drowned outby people who are overly positive to the point of ignoring the very glaring flaws that appear in things.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
to Pokémon people only…why do few of the underage trainers decide to stick around and actually grow up? I know the likes of Red and Leaf have stuck around…but like…does anybody else who started off as a kid actually stick around to waste their lives “borrowing” Pokémon?

D

Deleted member

I know I'm probably starting to get annoying, but man, Arceus is the most fun I've had with a Pokemon game in a long time, especially going after those Alpha Pokemon. I'm already theory crafting what my second team will look like, due to having an idea what Pokemon will be available when and where now.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
to Pokémon people only…why do few of the underage trainers decide to stick around and actually grow up? I know the likes of Red and Leaf have stuck around…but like…does anybody else who started off as a kid actually stick around to waste their lives “borrowing” Pokémon?
Well presumably most player characters just go off to parts unknown looking for new adventures if BW2 is anything to go by.

If you want to go to a different section of the Pokemon multiverse the manga treats the redesigns these characters get in their respective remakes as them coming back older, but those comics have way better continuity than the games and anime do (GS ball anyone?)

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Just posting one of the best songs from Yakuza that isn't from Maijma/Kiryu/Ichiban or isn't Baka Mitai.

Hell Stew is one of the best songs for a name I've ever heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom