• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
EXCUSE ME BUT

DID ANYONE TALK ABOUT THIS HERE YET

Noipoi Noipoi

This is the most weeb thing I've ever seen from this franchise, how do you feel
The series has reached peak anime levels.

Ngl, I’d kinda love to see a Pokémon slice of life anime. It’d be nice to see a side of the series outside battling

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It's disappointing to me compared to Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, the last remakes, which came out on the 3DS on 2014. People counter the criticisms of BDSP's art style by saying "Well it's just mimicking the style of the spritework from the original games, because it's a remake, so what do you want?" when we got remakes with better visuals 7 years earlier on significantly weaker hardware. It's incredibly backwards that BDSP is what you would expect a remake on 3DS to look like, and ORAS is what you would expect a remake on Switch to look like.

Not only did BDSP go for a second-rate visual design, but it also did nothing to update Team Galactic the same way ORAS updated Teams Aqua and Magma. The Gen III teams were a little bland in their characterization, and the different admins a little indistinguishable besides their physical appearance. ORAS totally reinvented them and made their designs and personalities so much more unique and interesting. You could tell a lot of effort and creativity went into reimagining them for a new decade, and it makes a huge difference in making the game's narrative more engaging.

Team Galactic could have used a similar upgrade, making the Galactic admins a bit more unique while also maybe updating Cyrus's dialogue a bit more. Instead, from what I saw in the one trailer, they did... absolutely nothing at all with Team Galactic? Or anyone? Did they even change any of the game's writing from the originals, or is it all the same? I haven't seen anyone mention it.

These two issues are what have kept me from the game, since $60 is a lot to ask when we got higher quality remakes for $40 so long ago. But that seems to have been an unfortunate trend for Pokemon on the Switch.
Yeah, while I will admit I have my own issues with ORAS, I'll always give those games the positive that it greatly improved Team Aqua/Magma. Both were pretty poor in their original incarnations, especially as the series went on, and they took them and gave them very memorable designs and personalities.

Team Galactic in BDSP is nowhere close to that. There are no major updates to the team or their characters, and while they didn't need design updates, it would've been nice to have seen some tweaks nonetheless. What makes it even worse is that you can argue they reverted from their Gen 4 counterparts since the story changes Platinum gave them are non-existent in the remakes so you have things like them going off to who knows where after you stop the Legendary with no follow-up, whereas Cyrus had a more fulfilling conclusion in the Distortion World and the other Admins had the mini-plot with Heatran. It's a big step back from how ORAS handled it, and a shame since the Villain Team updates are the most agreed upon positive from those games.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I was actually moreso impressed that osby actually did research for his writing pieces

I have tons of subjects that I want to research for my story but I'm too lazy to even start
There are plenty of subjects that I have an interest to look upon at further context and I often do a lot of research to get a better understanding of a topic/subject before I start writing or posting something on the forums.

tfb it's just googling in most cases.

I only look for reference sites for more obscure figures or resort to books if I have one that I can use.
This is what I mostly use during my research and citations all the time.

In addition, I must always ensure the information I seek for is legitimate and accurate.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
EXCUSE ME BUT

DID ANYONE TALK ABOUT THIS HERE YET

Noipoi Noipoi

This is the most weeb thing I've ever seen from this franchise, how do you feel
It's just a remix of her already existing anime theme. lol
The series has reached peak anime levels.

Ngl, I’d kinda love to see a Pokémon slice of life anime. It’d be nice to see a side of the series outside battling
Isn't That what sun and moon and journeys already Is?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I will play Persona 5 Royal for only the 5th or so time today…and watch the Moon Knight trailer…and fight people on the streets

also I must now know who Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade has used as his main PT team in Strikers

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Been working on a new video discussing Five Nights At Freddy's: Security Breach and why it released in the less than stellar state it did. So... here's the first minute of it! (Still got some stuff I need to tweak/add, namely music for certain parts)
MooMew64 MooMew64 Noipoi Noipoi Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Shroob Shroob

Twilight Wings comes close.
Twilight Wings is amazing and I still find it hilarious for no reason that this man voices in it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Getting explained the difference in the Pokémon manga compared to other incarnations Is an interesting experience.

May Is a wildchild who gets a Little too close with her Pokémon

Dawn Is a rich kid whos only travelling with Lucas because she assumed he was the body guard her parents hired to protect her on the journey without realizing That both are rookies.

Rosa Is an ex team plasma grunt whos trying to live a Quiet life in the countryside with one of the Pokémon she atole during her Time in team plasma.

I will play Persona 5 Royal for only the 5th or so time today…and watch the Moon Knight trailer…and fight people on the streets

also I must now know who Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade has used as his main PT team in Strikers
In Strikers?
Makoto
Zenkichi
Ryuji

And before Zenkichi joins it's Sofi.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
In Strikers?
Queen Makoto Best Girl Niijima
Zenkichi
Ryuji

And before Zenkichi joins it's Sofi.
I’ve used Makoto (cause I refuse to take her off my team), Yusuke, and Morgana myself, but Ryuji and Zenkichi are hella useful for fighting certain shadows.

tho I’m pretty sure Ann is my worst character

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm going to be angry if we dont get a new Mario Kart soon, its been long enough.
What gimmick do you think they've been labbing out? At this point the only thing left is something like a terraforming mechanic, like the scrapped drilling one they had back then.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Fun Fact: This show stattes Miles Morales, Finn the Human, and Beast Boy
View attachment 343037
I remember when Nickelodeon tried to steal from Incredible Crew's swag by doing some really stupid **** with their own hastily-created ragtag of actors like interrupting actual programming just for crazy ebic random moments from their off-brand version. CN, iirc, never really did anything like that during its run.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I remember when Nickelodeon tried to steal from Incredible Crew's swag by doing some really stupid **** with their own hastily-created ragtag of actors like interrupting actual programming just for crazy ebic random moments from their off-brand version. CN, iirc, never really did anything like that during its run.
I remember watching Spongebob and they interrupted the show and covered the ENTIRE SCREEN for like 2 minutes while the episode was still playing.

Little me was pissed.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I remember watching Spongebob and they interrupted the show and covered the ENTIRE SCREEN for like 2 minutes while the episode was still playing.

Little me was pissed.
Fortunately, since we live in the 21st century, we can examine the exact date, episode, and timeframe this happened!

The worst one imo was when they cut it off for maybe 3 minutes for jennette mccurdy to start talking about farts in jars

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Fortunately, since we live in the 21st century, we can examine the exact date, episode, and timeframe this happened!

The worst one imo was when they cut it off for maybe 3 minutes for jennette mccurdy to start talking about farts in jars
They did something similar when Jimmy neutron was first coming out, it was weird.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
They did something similar when Jimmy neutron was first coming out, it was weird.
At least with Jimmy hacking Nick shows, you could still watch them, they would just temporarily be done in a different style. Like the SpongeBob episode "Hooky" which had a moment redone with puppets, which is sadly the only one I can perfectly remember.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I like how the Pokemon manga gives Brendan a very edgy backstory for no reason lol

He wears that white hat to hide the scar he got from almost being eaten by a Salamence as a young child and only chose to do Pokemon contests instead of the gym challenge as a form of teenaged rebellion against his father.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom