• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
but you like Pokémon

and we just established earlier that it's anime as heck now

and you like J-pop idol squids

View attachment 343044
I didn’t say I couldn’t enjoy anime and anime adjacent things, cuz I totally can.

But there’s a threshold you have to pass to go from “I enjoy content that originated from Japan” to “Atlus fan” that I must never cross.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They did something similar when Jimmy neutron was first coming out, it was weird.
See, that was in good taste though. You still got the show, but it was altered slightly. It didn't kill the ****ing broadcast.

As much as I adore Jennette McCurdy I did not want any part of her forced presentations of farts in jars. 13-year old me just wanted some Spongebob.

KillerCage

Smash Master
No, Smash is a platform fighter.
But it contains anime!
Pokemon, Kirby, F-Zero, Mario, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Metal Gear, Sonic, Animal Crossing, Megaman, Xenoblade, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, Bayonetta, Castlevania, Persona, Dragon Quest, Fatal Fury, and Tekken are all anime franchises!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I didn’t say I couldn’t enjoy anime and anime adjacent things, cuz I totally can.

But there’s a threshold you have to pass to go from “I enjoy content that originated from Japan” to “Atlus fan” that I must never cross.
Yes, you must avoid having a criminal record at any cost.

...Though now that i think about it being a Pokemon fan might arguably be worse because we dont know the ages of most of the characters in the games.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yes, you must avoid having a criminal record at any cost.

...Though now that i think about it being a Pokemon fan might arguably be worse because we dont know the ages of most of the characters in the games.
The only Pokémon characters I find attractive are definitely in their late 20s and upwards, so I’m good bro.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Anyone been hearing that blue flying thing who's Kirby's new ally has Kirb fans thinking that he'll betray Kirby?

And become some kind of eldritch horror.

Cute... and deadly and traitorous and suspicious.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I remember when Nickelodeon tried to steal from Incredible Crew's swag by doing some really stupid **** with their own hastily-created ragtag of actors like interrupting actual programming just for crazy ebic random moments from their off-brand version. CN, iirc, never really did anything like that during its run.
I remember watching Spongebob and they interrupted the show and covered the ENTIRE SCREEN for like 2 minutes while the episode was still playing.

Little me was pissed.
Fortunately, since we live in the 21st century, we can examine the exact date, episode, and timeframe this happened!

The worst one imo was when they cut it off for maybe 3 minutes for jennette mccurdy to start talking about farts in jars
Nick Studio 10 interrupted new episodes of every single show on Nick not named “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles”…so at least they were spared.

was still a ****ing stupid thing to have had tho

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
No, it's there from the start.

Because I have one.
Maaaan, I must be having sucky RNG. then, 'cause I was running in and out of the Spring Cave and Dazzling Cave for like an hour and a half here and nothing but Swablus and Ralts.

Is it the egg one? I know you can get one that way, but I was trying to avoid having to grind it from level one.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Maaaan, I must be having sucky RNG. then, 'cause I was running in and out of the Spring Cave and Dazzling Cave for like an hour and a half here and nothing but Swablus and Ralts.

Is it the egg one? I know you can get one that way, but I was trying to avoid having to grind it from level one.
Wdym egg one? I'm not sure what that means but I caught a wild one.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Grand Underground
Huh

I wonder if progression lowers the chances by throwin' in more 'Mons to the spawn pool, or something.

Or the game is just being a butt. :035:

Either way, I'll try to keep resetting the room for one, I'm sure it'll show up eventually. I'll try to unlock more statues to boost Fairy type spawns as well.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Well she's apparently 19.

The manga universe is a bizzare rabbit hole.
But remember, Sakurai doesn't consider the trainers in Smash to be Red or Leaf/Green, no matter how obvious it's them or no matter how stupid it sounds.

In conclusion? Well, if you have to ask what the age of an adult-supervised, school-attending family-friendly video game protagonist whose plot begins by you commencing a coming-of-age ritual that an old man sent you on for no particular reason is— solely on the suspicion that you've somehow grown an unnatural "attachment" to said character:

Burgerpants_face_smoking.gif

I'd have to be the one asking you the questions then.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
"I was a cartoon artist who reincarnated in another world after I took a bath with a toaster."

I swear, isekai titles are getting more and more insane.
You know they just revealed an isekai that has you be, I **** you not, the undergarments of a ****ing low-level mage woman.

Not like, just living as one though, there's a face on them. From what I can tell, perfect speech capabilities as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom