• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Shooty McBlueCoat would be awesome in Mario Kart, but it’s not going to happen unfortunately. At least we got Magic McBlueRobe and King ‘Splody McBoomBoom.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Sure Geno will be in Mario Kart, the same way he is in Smash.
As a Mii costume.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Ain't gonna lie but I always find it so cool to see new studios north of Sendai or in places like Fukuoka.

Just hope to see more small tech hubs across Japan and stuff. Cities like Akita or Aomori or Kagoshima or a lot more to host studios like what Sega is doing.

Dutch Raikuna

So finally after so long I'm finally doing something I was meant to since the pandemic began. Get new posters.

Tagging Wademan94 Wademan94 Lamperouge Lamperouge and Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy since you guys would be interested.

And to start off is an artwork of my favourite anime of all time:

1641905001660.png

Touched up, gonna add a border and mix some lighting and shadow effects into it.

I was gonna do a "triangle step" effect sort of thing or a wheel-spoke full of my favourite anime of all time but a few issues there.

1. Unsure of number but I would have went for 10 most likely being:
Kino's Journey, Laid Back Camp, Re:Zero, Zombieland Saga, Land of the Lustrous, Fate/Apocrypha
Cowboy Bebop, Spice and Wolf, Nichijou, K-On and Anohana for variety.

2. Who knows when my anime list could change so I'm leaving that idea out.
3. I've a no fanart rule cause I'd feel a bit guilty if I went and did it as the person probably made it for free.
---Official stuff, my local print shop is getting money from me and was almost shut down forever cause of covid so they need it just as much as copy owners.........so I consider it a morally grey area (not so much on a legal front though).---

Also keeping a placeholder for Rin's visual from the Laid Back Camp film. Here's the teaser visual as an idea.

1641905692862.png

So in:

+Laid Back Camp
+Kino's Journey

(When the time is right later down the line) + God of War, K-On and Shadow of the Colossus

Out:

-Steins Gate
-Nier Automata

Tis gonna be fun to hang up.............if I can remember to get the blue tac on the way home. You guys thoughts?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Jirae race:

1641913998349.png

“I’m Jirae Ribhu. I don’t blame you if you get jealous of my mad skills. I’m pretty awesome, after all.”

Alignment: Light-Neutral

Origin: Vedic mythology. Ribhus were originally three sons of the Hindu god Indra. Later legends turned them into creative and talented spirits who were born as humans and made magical objects. Even if they stay humble, their accomplishments make gods conflicted, with some banning them from the heavens and others making them immortal. Some say Ribhus are stars who dwell in the solar sphere. Their name means “skillful” or “evolved over time”.

Skills: Zan, Dustoma, Sukukaja

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Dragon race.

Ribhu is so cute that it’s a crime he never appeared in more games. I love his smug grin and the star pattern on his clothes. His hat makes him look like a Christmas tree decoration, though. Combined with the basket on his back that seems to be full of tolls, he reminds me of one of Santa’s little helpers as an Indian spirit.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So finally after so long I'm finally doing something I was meant to since the pandemic began. Get new posters.

Tagging Wademan94 Wademan94 Lamperouge Lamperouge and Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy since you guys would be interested.

And to start off is an artwork of my favourite anime of all time:

View attachment 342350

Touched up, gonna add a border and mix some lighting and shadow effects into it.

I was gonna do a "triangle step" effect sort of thing or a wheel-spoke full of my favourite anime of all time but a few issues there.

1. Unsure of number but I would have went for 10 most likely being:
Kino's Journey, Laid Back Camp, Re:Zero, Zombieland Saga, Land of the Lustrous, Fate/Apocrypha
Cowboy Bebop, Spice and Wolf, Nichijou, K-On and Anohana for variety.

2. Who knows when my anime list could change so I'm leaving that idea out.
3. I've a no fanart rule cause I'd feel a bit guilty if I went and did it as the person probably made it for free.
---Official stuff, my local print shop is getting money from me and was almost shut down forever cause of covid so they need it just as much as copy owners.........so I consider it a morally grey area (not so much on a legal front though).---

Also keeping a placeholder for Rin's visual from the Laid Back Camp film. Here's the teaser visual as an idea.

View attachment 342351

So in:

+Laid Back Camp
+Kino's Journey

(When the time is right later down the line) + God of War, K-On and Shadow of the Colossus

Out:

-Steins Gate
-Nier Automata

Tis gonna be fun to hang up.............if I can remember to get the blue tac on the way home. You guys thoughts?
Sounds good; I like the style of the Kino's Journey poster and the others should look really cool too.

Believe it or not but I actually don't have any anime posters myself.

Dutch Raikuna

Sounds good; I like the style of the Kino's Journey poster and the others should look really cool too.

Believe it or not but I actually don't have any anime posters myself.
Plot twist of the ages....... Maybe.

I got the Kino's Journey one printed out and on my door. Pic is on Discord and not here cause mobile.

Also. Black borders add depth which I added to the image. Looks so much better.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Lamperouge Lamperouge yeah I think I'm hooked on Demon Slayer. Probably my favorite anime I watched this year so far.

Which isn't saying much considering it's January and the only other one I watched was Dr. Stone (which was still a fun time, can't wait for season 3) but still it's damn good and I'm not even halfway through season 1.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Lamperouge Lamperouge yeah I think I'm hooked on Demon Slayer. Probably my favorite anime I watched this year so far.

Which isn't saying much considering it's January and the only other one I watched was Dr. Stone (which was still a fun time, can't wait for season 3) but still it's damn good and I'm not even halfway through season 1.
Yeah, it's really fun stuff. Not going to say it's the most well written story out there but it gets the job done IMO.

There's even a moment towards the end of the season that quickly became one of my favorite anime scenes of all time. You'll know exactly what I'm talking about once you see it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Been thinking about getting back into competitive pokemon just to make a gimmicky mono-dragon team.

I'm thinking about doubles/vgc format. Dragalgae is a must to clobber dem fairies. Maybe I'll need Duraludon as well but ewwww Duraludon.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I'm so ****ing pissed. I was playing Pokemon BDSP and got to the Elite Four and beat all of those. I was roughly level 58-60 and I fought Cynthia. I lost, not even getting to her Garchomp because my Infernape missed Fire Blast on her Roserade twice.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Next up on the chopping block is Jin Kazama. Been a minute since I drew my first Fighting Game main so I fixed that!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I'm so ****ing pissed. I was playing Pokemon BDSP and got to the Elite Four and beat all of those. I was roughly level 58-60 and I fought Cynthia. I lost, not even getting to her Garchomp because my Infernape missed Fire Blast on her Roserade twice.
That's why I never use Fire Blast. Flamethrower usually isn't gonna miss.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Okay but seriously who picked shiny Kommo-O's colors?

Why?

Also I was planning Dragalge but I just remembered Naganadel was a thing. Hm. I like Dragalge's design better and it can probably OHKO more stuff with adaptability but Naganadel is just a much better mon and can even bring Tailwind support that Dracozolt and Regidrago can abuse. But it's just so weird looking.

Reactions: Z25

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Okay but seriously who picked shiny Kommo-O's colors?

Why?

Also I was planning Dragalge but I just remembered Naganadel was a thing. Hm. I like Dragalge's design better and it can probably OHKO more stuff with adaptability but Naganadel is just a much better mon and can even bring Tailwind support that Dracozolt and Regidrago can abuse. But it's just so weird looking.
my man's Yoplait banana flavored

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh man, is your sister doing OK?
she is

but now I’ve learned that he’s going to court tomorrow. Idk if that means we have to go or not, but I’ll celebrate if he fails and suffers all consequences regardless. Got me wanting to Peter Parker his Norman Osborn tbh

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Physically she’s okay, and emotionally she’s gotten better once she fully accepted that he’s a *ty person. But man, I’m usually a positively calm and collected person, but the disrespect made both me and my father want to harm him. The fact that he thought he was tough * for having muscles was in pathetic enough, and swinging at cops is another thing in itself…but ain’t nobody allowed to mess with family.

as I notice how he was the ***** who wouldn’t even help around the place he lives in. Like…I love gaming as much as the next guy, and I’m still the youngest person out of everybody involved in it, but even I know that you should take care of family and other business before focusing on yourself
Woah, sorry to hear that! Some people like that guy who did all that to the members of your family are a waste of flesh. Good to know your sister is okay. I hope this guy who did what he did pays for this, and speaking of which, he should pay for the damages he did to your sister's car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom