• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
About six months ago.

So the fact That i didn't one shot all His Pokemon in That but i did in bdsp sticks out in my mind.

I'm not saying the old games are hard, I'm saying they are harder than the new stuff.
I dont know whats so hard to understand there. In the old games you actually needed a full team of Pokémon to beat the game but in the new stuff you just need your started and you can beat the game easily.

I think in BDSP's case the issue might just be How they programmed the friendship mechanic, since in this Max friendship gives you a high chance for crítical hits.
I'll agree that the friendship makes things a little easier but disagree that the old gens were harder. On the full team thing, I feel like the issues were that old gens required a useless mon because of HMs and because no exp share, that meant overelying on the singular overleved mon which may not be viable depending on the situation.

Like, if you found D&P harder then that's you I guess, I can't argue with what you felt. But I feel like it's more accurate to say the new games are more balanced and makes it percivably easier as opposed to the wack ass jank that the first 4 gens had which makes it artificially harder. But again, none of them were really hard at all.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Evening.

I am your typical Irish weeb and........................IDK what else to say.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways been playing more AC Valhalla tonight and dipped into Syndicate and I realised something. I'm surprised for real Assassin's Creed never got an actual fighting game.

I know SC but like a legit fighter considering the amount of characters, possible story explanation (simulation in the Animus, Isu stuff and all that), fighting styles.

However knowing Ubi.................................... they'd mess it up.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I grace you all with this information.
Someone made videos on that on the whole series

First is Punch-Out!! Wii cast (minus Donkey Kong)

Second is arcade, NES, SNES, and Donkey Kong

Doesn't cover Doc Louis's Punch-Out!!, though.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
View attachment 342286

It’s part 2 of the 3 part finale, and the battle continues!
View attachment 342287
View attachment 342288
View attachment 342289
View attachment 342290

Guess who’s back? Back again? Duxx is back, tell friend!

Next time, we finish this! It’s gonna take a short while, but hopefully not too long. See you then!
Sakurai: "Yeah, well, what'd ya gonna do with a nerfed Side B?"

"You couldn't do any worse" :yoshi:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Watching Infinity War and Endgame back to back is still the best and perfect way to watch the last 2 Avengers movies.

I loved IW, and I loved Endgame even more. Endgame's still my favorite MCU film.

The first hour was especially good for me. Yeah, still slow paced, but it needed to be given the grieving and all that occured.

Tbf, I needed to view the moments of grief in Endgame again. With everything that my family and I have gone through in the last few days, it helps with understanding loss and working through it. Honestly, rewatching Endgame touched me. I really appreciate it for that, because it's willing to dive into the impact that death and loss have on a person. Same with No Way Home, too.

Thx for coming to my short ted talk /s

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Did your favorite game come with an elaborate fundraiser that seemed like it was concocted from crack? Didn't think so

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Someone made videos on that on the whole series

First is Punch-Out!! Wii cast (minus Donkey Kong)

Second is arcade, NES, SNES, and Donkey Kong

Doesn't cover Doc Louis's Punch-Out!!, though.
When these videos came out I watched them and found it interesting.
For those curious, the most “fair” fighter is Piston Hondo.
The least fair that isn’t Donkey Kong is Aran Ryan.

As for Doc Louis, since the Doc Louis’s Punch Out game is no longer available legitimately I wonder if that’s why he wasn’t covered… or if it is because the fight is technically Mac and Doc training and not a WVBA official fight.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Hey
So um

There's apparently this Mario Kart 9...
Just give me a playable Captain Falcon
And have one of his jump animation be him going "YES!"
and um

1641861116741.png

(in all seriousness, I don't mind a FEW non-Mario Nintendo characters here and there in the game. As DLC would probably be my personal preference for said characters tho)

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
sighs Long night.

Me: "Bartender! I need a drink!"

Bartender: "We don't serve alco."

Me: "Fair enough. Can I get a can of Monster?*

Bartender: "Nope. We only have Red Bull Zero."

Me: "Dammit! Can I get a mint choc milkshake?"

Bartender: "We don't have milk shakes either!"

Me:
Memeattempt.jpg

"Can I get a vanilla Coke then?"

Bartender:
1641861366374.png

Me: "Finally!"

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watched the first Back to the Future tonight with my dad.

Another film I was wondering where it's been all my life. Makes me want to watch the next two even more so than ever.

Also kinda wonder if the Bill & Ted movies took inspiration from Back to the Future? 🤔

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh yeah I haven’t talked about Nintendo Kart, have I?

Why on earth would they make a new one right now when 8 won’t just die, lol.

But yeah nah, more guest characters are a given, it’s easy money. Full on Nintendo Kart, though? Would be rad, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

On the argument it would “ruin” the series because Matio favorites would get snubbed…

Y’all, they ain’t adding (IMO) the Mario C-Listers and D-Listers. You’re gonna get King Bob-Omb, a Charging Chuck, and maybe a Para-Goomba if they’re feeling spicy and that’s it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom