• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves: Letting someone stay in your house who literally just broke in and marrying a guy you barely know at the end.
The Sleeping Beauty: Necrophilia.
Peter Pan: Following an stranger to an unknown land. (Ironically with Peter Pan in the original source material Peter Pan even kills kids who would get older).

That's Disney for ya. What happiness and magic that must be! :D
That's because they get their ideas from old fairy tales. :drshrug:

And wait until you read the originals if you think the Disney-fied versions are bad.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And wait until you read the originals if you think the Disney-fied versions are bad.
Oh I know otherwise if they actually followed the source material they would come to be.

Pinocchio: Kills Jiminy Cricket with a mallet.
Pocahontas: Dies of disease.
Hunchback of Notre Dame: Quasimodo cradling Esmeralda's corpse eventually starving himself to death. Years later, their skeletons are found and are crumbled to dust.
Hercules: Driven to madness by Hera and murders his wife Megara and his children.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Wait, this is fun, I can do this too:
Incredibles: Elastagirl can cause someone to sin. Bad.
Wreck it Ralph: Video gakes make people violent. Bad.
The Good Dinosaur: Dinosaurs didn't exist and are a work of Satan. Bad.
Zootopia: Cop. Bad.
Toy Story 4: Should not even exist. Bad.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Ivander

Smash Legend

I mean, depending on whether you choose the original or the inspiration, Cinderella was either quite vanilla or very gruesome.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
According to some stories of Mulan. She apparently committed suicide at the end.

Most stories however goes she just eventually retires and lives the rest of her life in peace.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Wait, this is fun, I can do this too:
Incredibles: Elastagirl can cause someone to sin. Bad.
Wreck it Ralph: Video gakes make people violent. Bad.
The Good Dinosaur: Dinosaurs didn't exist and are a work of Satan. Bad.
Zootopia: Cop. Bad.
Toy Story 4: Should not even exist. Bad.
They're all made by Disney so they're all bad, actually

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean, depending on whether you choose the original or the inspiration, Cinderella was either quite vanilla or very gruesome.
I usually consider Perrault's version the default, which is quite tame.

But that story is so archaic that you can track it down to Ancient Greece so who knows what is the "original".

According to some stories of Mulan. She apparently committed suicide at the end.

Most stories however goes she just eventually retires and lives the rest of her life in peace.
The original Ballad of Mulan is just a short poem, tbf. There's not much room for anything other than "she went to war, fought good, declined government position, returned to her home".

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
View attachment 342286

It’s part 2 of the 3 part finale, and the battle continues!
View attachment 342287
View attachment 342288
View attachment 342289
View attachment 342290

Guess who’s back? Back again? Duxx is back, tell friend!

Next time, we finish this! It’s gonna take a short while, but hopefully not too long. See you then!
heheh

booty

osby

Smash Obsessed
Disney is actually great at attention to detail. They took Aladdin being orientalist right from the source material.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I love how many old movies are "it's good if you ignore the racist".
A lot of old movies especially some of the Disney classic animated features had several scenes that did not aged very well as of today for example, the birds in Dumbo, the Siamese cats in Lady and the Tramp, the negative stereotype representation of native Indians in Peter Pan.

The original versions of the fairy tales had either something strange or consist of something rather dark like you had said:

EDIT: Here is the second part of the video in case anyone is interested.

At least Disney and many others decided to change the adaption their fairytale films.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Most of my coworkers are around my age and are pretty much used to my wacky shenanigans and I made it very clear to them that if it annoys them they should tell me

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokémon Infinity just went from 0 to 1000 in the story.

The plot is crazy for this game. Definitely worth playing if you enjoy fan games.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Apparently the Brother Grimms version had adapted something rather dark that involve the consequences of Cinderella's step sisters.

Anyways, has anyone ever heard of "Bluebeard?"

osby

Smash Obsessed
Apparently the Brother Grimms version had adapted something rather dark that involve the consequences of Cinderella's step sisters.

Yep. Read it as a kid in a children's book if you believe it.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Yep. Although mostly from reading about Gilles de Rais, who has been credited as one of the inspirations behind Bluebeard, despite him not killing any wives.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm about to enter the elite four challenge in BDSP.

Ya'll lied when you said this game was harder, yeah it STARTS out that way butaround the fourth gym i started steamrolling everything.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm about to enter the elite four challenge in BDSP.

Ya'll lied when you said this game was harder, yeah it STARTS out that way butaround the fourth gym i started steamrolling everything.
It's harder in the fact the Gym Leaders actually use better strats and it's tough at the start but it's still a Pokemon game. None of them are hard if you have a good team and coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom