• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Mamboo07 Mamboo07

I would love for a Legendary-HBOMax series regarding titans histories in the ancient past, each episode focusing on certain titans and their impact they had on myths and legends across the world.

Just make the episodes 30-45 minutes and animated like Marvel's What-If...?

Imagine episodes done on Behemoth (It's implied he was a slave titan by ancient humans, always had this headcanon he was also the guardian of El Dorado, the lost golden city in the amazon, that'd make for an awesome episode), Leviathan, Mokele-Mbembe, Quetzalcoatl, Sekhmet, Yamata-no-Orochi, etc.

Would like one on Bunyip as well but probably wouldn't be a good idea given how sensitive and for good reason the Australian Aboriginals are of their legends and beliefs (Especially being Bunyip was dormant inside Uluru which is very sacred and important to the Aboriginals).
Same, as well an episode of how Ghidorah came to Earth and fought Godzilla starting their rivalry towards each other ending with a battle in prehistoric Antarctica where Godzilla wins by trapping his 3-headed nemesis in the cold waters to freeze him.
(That's why Ghidorah is found trapped in ice)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25 @Pokelego999 Are you also also having problems downloading the new Pokémon Xenoverse update?

Servers seems to be clogged up.
Sorry for a delay on this, but I saw that it was having trouble earlier. I haven’t updated the game In awhile. Im waiting for all the updates to be out before jumping back in.

Did you get it to work? It’s a pretty popular fan game so it was probably packed.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Dealing with a bunged nose but need to cycle to quite a few places today. One of the reasons why I'm not a fan of Christmas as an adult.

Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Wademan94 Wademan94 Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy This was surprisingly quick. Welcome, mind you, but still surprising.

I just hope that they release the show from Netflix jail.
Still needed to finish it but aw yes. Curious to see how high it was on Netflix's rankings for animation.

Anyways....................sing it with me!

Really hope they keep the song.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Wademan94 Wademan94 Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy This was surprisingly quick. Welcome, mind you, but still surprising.

I just hope that they release the show from Netflix jail.
I still have to check out this anime. Other than Fruits Basket season 3, I haven't watched any anime from this year, but there's multiple I'm interested in, like Vivy and Dragon Maid season 2.

D

Deleted member

I've thought that this was an anime series soundtrack at first. The fact that it's not makes things more interest. She looks cool overall.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
How’s everyone today? uwu
I'm doing alright thanks and I am just starting to get into the Christmas spirit by listening to some music and films.

Spidey wins
It could very well be the first film to make past a billion within the box office during the pandemic.

Whilst it is great to see that Spidey is doing good numbers, I have seen several of those grifting fandom menace channels misuse these numbers to fit their narrative and agenda which is rather annoying.

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Genma race:

1640271958941.png

“I am Genma Tschaggatta. Tremble before my footsteps! Or don't...I don't want to be a bother.”

Alignment: Light-Chaos

Origin: Swiss mythology. Tschäggättä are monstrous spirits that haunt the villages. Their name means “witch”. She appears on Thursdays, wearing goat fur coats and carrying a staff. Despite her ugly looks, a Tschagatta will ward off demons and cure sicknesses. During festivals, men who dress as them would play pranks on people like pouring ash over their head as a tradition. This activity continues to this day with less severe jokes.

Skills: Bowl of Hygieia, Wind Breath, Toxic Sting

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Beast race.

Tchaggatta masks are apparently still made for carnivals in Switzerland and are a way for people to prove their wood carving skills. Hence, it’s no surprise that it’s what her look mainly focuses on. Her beady eyes and large nose bear a great resemblance to some popular masks, meanwhile, her arms remind us that she’s not a cosplayer but the real thing.

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Genma race:

View attachment 340812

“I am Genma Tschaggatta. Tremble before my footsteps! Or don't...I don't want to be a bother.”

Alignment: Light-Chaos

Origin: Swiss mythology. Tschäggättä are monstrous spirits that haunt the villages. Their name means “witch”. She appears on Thursdays, wearing goat fur coats and carrying a staff. Despite her ugly looks, a Tschagatta will ward off demons and cure sicknesses. During festivals, men who dress as them would play pranks on people like pouring ash over their head as a tradition. This activity continues to this day with less severe jokes.

Skills: Bowl of Hygieia, Wind Breath, Toxic Sting

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Beast race.

Tchaggatta masks are apparently still made for carnivals in Switzerland and are a way for people to prove their wood carving skills. Hence, it’s no surprise that it’s what her look mainly focuses on. Her beady eyes and large nose bear a great resemblance to some popular masks, meanwhile, her arms remind us that she’s not a cosplayer but the real thing.
The Demon looks like if it came straight out from Hawaiian/Polynesian mythology.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The Demon looks like if it came straight out from Hawaiian/Polynesian mythology.
I don't know enough about Polynesian mythologies to make a clear comparison but from what I can tell, making monstrous masks to ward off evil spirits is very common throughout a lot of cultures. Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa all have them, so some similarities are unavoidable.

Maybe I should've mentioned it but yeah, tschaggatta masks seem to be traditionally in wood colors, though they can also be painted in a variety of colors.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I can't believe they're finally making a Matrix sequel after all these years, the original is such a classic so it's kinda weird that they didn't capitalize on it sooner by making more

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I still have to check out this anime. Other than Fruits Basket season 3, I haven't watched any anime from this year, but there's multiple I'm interested in, like Vivy and Dragon Maid season 2.
Watch Vivy dude. It is really, really good. Mushoku Tensei wasn't that bad either.

And if you haven't watch Zombieland Saga.

Anyone seeing the new Matrix movie?
Depending if I'm really bored between now and the New Year I'll see it.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

osby

Smash Obsessed
I can't believe they're finally making a Matrix sequel after all these years, the original is such a classic so it's kinda weird that they didn't capitalize on it sooner by making more
Well, they did more. But afaik, neither of the sequels quite lived up to the first one.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Well, they did more. But afaik, neither of the sequels quite lived up to the first one.
From what I hear, this one doesn't either. It's either "Love it or Hate it" like the second one or considered flat out **** like the third one.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now we've got Superman done too. I don't draw him often. But I guess my take is a weird mix of 40's, 90's and Ed McGuinness in a way. I'll have to refine mine down the line for sure, but I like it.

Frieza Saga SSJ Goku hits different.
He really does. Actual peak fiction.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It could very well be the first film to make past a billion within the box office during the pandemic.

Whilst it is great to see that Spidey is doing good numbers, I have seen several of those grifting fandom menace channels misuse these numbers to fit their narrative and agenda which is rather annoying.
I can see the movie hitting a billion before the year ends easily, and then around 2022 it can outdo FFH (and there’s still China needing to release the movie, so who knows how much cash money it’ll make once they get involved)
Time to catch up on the MCU phase 4.
finna be a hella long list of content to get through

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Uncharted: No Way Home
Spider-Man: Lost Legacy (tbh there’s many names to go with for this one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom