• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Reminder that based on a theory for Sonic 2 that the whole Sonic/Knuckles/Longclaw dynamic could become the next "Save Martha" meme.

Knuckles: You were never a god. You were never even a mobian!
Sonic: You're letting them kill Longclaw.
Knuckles: What does that mean? Why did you say that name?
Sonic: Find him (Dr. Robotik)...Save Longclaw.
Knuckles: Why did you say that name? Longclaw? Why did you say that name? WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME!?
That's like the fifth time you posted this bruh

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Reminder that based on a theory for Sonic 2 that the whole Sonic/Knuckles/Longclaw dynamic could become the next "Save Martha" meme.

Knuckles: Why did you say that name? Longclaw? Why did you say that name? WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME!?
Bottom text

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, another drawing for today. This time it's a Dante drawing. I had the sketch from nearly 2 years ago, but I finally decided to do a color version of it. Referenced from DMC4. Honestly, I've been up so I'm probably gonna crash and get some sleep soon. In January, I'll get back to personal projects again. And I'll keep trying to get better.

Noipoi Noipoi Idon Idon @Jotadé Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei and anyone else who might be interested.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
To break the time loop:

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Lady race:

1639667551071.png

“I’m Lady Black Maria. Pleased to meet you, young one.”

Alignment: Light-Chaos

Origin: Christian mythology. Black Madonna or Black Virgin is a term used to refer to black depictions of the Virgin Mary. Some of these statues and paintings are simply darkened due to external factors but the others are originally dark brown or black, possibly reflecting the skin tone of the indigenous population or maybe the more historically accurate depiction of Mary. They may also be a way of carrying pagan goddesses into Christianity through her.

Skills: Ziobarion, Mediarama, Lullaby, Samarecarm

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Raptor race.

Black Madonna/Virgin is really just Maria but dark-skinned, however, comparing her to the vanilla Maria results in some interesting contrasts. Black Maria looks a lot more “organic”, with a regular body rather than one that is stuck in a statue. She’s also naked and doesn’t cover her hair, giving her an appearance rather alike to those of ancient earth goddesses, which she is supposed to be their counterpart in Christianity in SMT, along with just a different view of Maria. The veil around her is my favorite detail as it makes her more mysterious than it has any right to be.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I still think people are being way to hard on that.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I probably won't be able to see No Way Home until it hits Disney+.

YouTube recommendations got me covered though! Love it!
Same here and this was due to the fact I am getting more concerns about the rapid spread of the Omicron cases going on within the United Kingdom and I am still awaiting for my booster dose. So I'll settle and wait until I can get it on Blu-Ray next year.

I'm pretty certain that next year, we should learn more about the other upcoming Phase 4 projects.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know, I wonder what would Dante think about pineapple pizza knowing how much said character is into that kind of food.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Searched up my search function. It's been only twice. Three times if you count my profile post though.
I just did the same to make sure I'm not just accusing you of stuff you didn't do but nope I'm pretty sure it was five, six if you count your profile post.

Maybe not exactly the same post but it had the same basic premise

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You know, I wonder what would Dante think about pineapple pizza knowing how much said character is into that kind of food.
Either he's super into it, or he'd hate it with a firey passion. I feel like there's no in-between. I can see Pizza being one of the things Dante's overly passionate about.

osby

Smash Obsessed
For some reason, Dante strikes me as someone who would get super defensive about pineapple pizza being good.

He also may or may not be playing this up if Vergil disagrees.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I still think people are being way to hard on that.
Many people like myself understands what Zack Snyder was trying to do there, it's just the way it was executed and so its hard to not make fun of.

And who also calls their mother by their name? Wouldn't it have made more sense for Supes to simply say "Save my mother...She's in danger".

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
We need a Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night anime. NetFlix's Castlevania shows it can be done!

That said looking forward to the Castlevania anime starring Richter and Maria!

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I want to hear everyone’s wishlists for worlds for the next kingdom hearts game (please don’t say things that are Marvel, Star Wars, or 20th Century Studios though. Believe me. I know.)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Iirc they're doing SotN in to it which depending on how they handle a certain plotpoint would make Richter's story very interesting
If they were doing that, I would assume we'd see Richters downfall in later seasons and Maria would become the main protagonist.

That said, I can't quite find a source saying they were adapting the backstory of SoTN into the series.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I want to hear everyone’s wishlists for worlds for the next kingdom hearts game (please don’t say things that are Marvel, Star Wars, or 20th Century Studios though. Believe me. I know.)
The Emperor's New Groove, The Princess and the Frog, Zootopia, Moana, WALL-E, Coco

There are so many others I can think of, but these are the main ones that come to mind.

Technically Wreck-it Ralph too, but that was technically already in Kingdom Hearts X, though it'd be nice to see it in a more mainline game

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Many people like myself understands what Zack Snyder was trying to do there, it's just the way it was executed and so its hard to not make fun of.

And who also calls their mother by their name? Wouldn't it have made more sense for Supes to simply say "Save my mother...She's in danger".
Another thing to keep in mind is that Captain America: Civil War was the same year and people drawing comparisons between the two. And having the reveal of Bucky murdering Tony’s parents made people feel the “Our mothers share a common first name” moment be the dramatic reveal feel more silly in hindsight

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If they were doing that, I would assume we'd see Richters downfall in later seasons and Maria would become the main protagonist.

That said, I can't quite find a source saying they were adapting the backstory of SoTN into the series.
Damn, double checked and it's an assumption on my end, though they'd be stupid not to as SotN gives them so much more material to work with, especially with Alucard being a general crowdpleaser

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet
If your talking the above post, I doubt it’s serious. They ain’t bringing that ***** brad back lmao
Brad…the only MCU character I ever wanted to watch die (moreso than Tyler)
I probably won't be able to see No Way Home until it hits Disney+.

YouTube recommendations got me covered though! Love it!
don’t think its hitting Disney+ for like…a long long long while (unless 2022 decides to hit that MJ jackpot)
Well yeah, cuz someone would be dead.
…noipoi is barely safe from my hit list now
Fair enough on Daredevil in which I will probably see if I have the time to watch the series.

Anyways according to a source, it looks like next week's final episode will be the longest episode at 59 mins. I'm pretty certain that this is not going to be the last time we get to see from Kate Bishop and hopefully we get to see more of Yelena Belova in the future of the MCU.
can’t see Kate just dip out after all this. Gotta get her and Yelena on the same next gen team (Avengers or Champions…doesn’t matter too much)
What if its Ned they kill off instead? 🤔
in comparison, they ****ing better
Batman v Superman?

More like

Buttsman vs ****terman

Because it sucks
not if you only focus on the Wonder Woman parts

Noipoi

Howdy!
Zootopia, Coco, WALL-E, The Incredibles, Gravity Falls, Wander over Yonder, Phineas and Ferb, Ice Age*, all would be really dope.

*I know you said no fox stuff, but you can’t tell me what to do.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Damn, double checked and it's an assumption on my end, though they'd be stupid not to as SotN gives them so much more material to work with, especially with Alucard being a general crowdpleaser
Probs in later seasons, Richter goes missing, Maria becomes the protagonist, Alucard returns because there's no Belmont to take care of Dracula, becomes the Maria and Alucatd show idk.

Gonna utiluze a lot of time skips though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Another thing to keep in mind is that Captain America: Civil War was the same year and people drawing comparisons between the two. And having the reveal of Bucky murdering Tony’s parents made people feel the “Our mothers share a common first name” moment be the dramatic reveal feel more silly in hindsight
Aquaman and Black Panther both were also released in the same year despite also having similar plots and stories. No one made fun of Aquaman apparently nor drew comparisons.

Have to get around to giving Aquaman a proper rewatch. Felt I treated that film unfairly and willing to give it another shot.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Aquaman and Black Panther both were also released in the same year despite also having similar plots and stories. No one made fun of Aquaman apparently.

Have to get around to giving that a proper rewatch. Felt I treated that film unfairly and willing to give it another shot.
But like BvS is where a lot of people felt like DC was trying to directly compete with the MCU

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
But like BvS is where a lot of people felt like DC was trying to directly compete with the MCU
Fair enough, that's true.

At that time too it was like they were trying to rush and catch up to where the MCU was as well, so that didn't help.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
And solo hero flicks are one thing but two movies that pits two of the comic book companies heavy hitters against each other with another well known hero in a side role (WW/Spidey) in the same year is probably gonna draw more comparison to be made

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

I called my mother with her name since I started talking.

From what I can tell, it's not very common and a lot of people think I'm being rude but some people are simply on a first-name basis with their children.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Emperors new groove.

Pretty much every other Disney film i like has already showed up.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Emperor's New Groove, the Incredibles, Black Cauldron, Cars, Raya & the Last Dragon, Encanto and Coco.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
can’t see Kate just dip out after all this. Gotta get her and Yelena on the same next gen team (Avengers or Champions…doesn’t matter too much)
I could see Kate Bishop forming the "Young Avengers" team in the future. But hopefully she and Yelena will have further interactions down the line.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Of all the Mortal Kombat games. I don't know what it is but Mortal Kombat (2011) pretty much remains as my favorite.

Mostly given its well-rounded story mode and how balanced its roster is consisting of all characters that debuted in MK 1 to 3.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Emperor's New Groove, the Incredibles, Black Cauldron, Cars, Raya & the Last Dragon, Encanto and Coco.

I could see Kate Bishop forming the "Young Avengers" team in the future. But hopefully she and Yelena will have further interactions down the line.
Black Cauldron and Encanto were two I was not expecting to see. By all accounts, one is very bad and the other is very boring.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Oh yeah the incredibles, that would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom