• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Like, I really don't understand how cryptocurrency works.

But I can think of no logical reason as to why the hell would anyone ever pay what at least translates to thousands of dollars or more for an unimpressive image when they can just right click and save it to their PC. It makes about as much sense as paying 100K for a banana that's been duct taped to a wall.
Not sure if this is intentionally a reference to this, or just a funny coincidence, but for those who aren't aware, that last part really happened:

...and then someone ate the banana.

ART

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well the Banana is a tangible object so actually it makes less sense
Half of the art piece might expire, after a while, but at least it can't be transferred to your PC for free with ease.

Not sure if this is intentionally a reference to this, or just a funny coincidence, but for those who aren't aware, that last part really happened:

ART
Oh, I'm well aware this actually happened. it's why I said it.

Apparently the guy who did is well known for doing unusual and satirical art pieces.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You won't believe what happened. I will playin Cookie Run and for some reason my connection was unstable and while I did one roll, I had to close the game because it wasn't working and when I turned the game back on and log back on I apparently got the new cookie in the run I did when my game crashed

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I’m betting the Pokémon trailer drops at the awards. It be smart to push the hell out the game with how different the game is going to be. I imagine they want to reach as wide of an audience as possible to show people the next step for Pokémon.
If we do indeed, it'll be way better Pokémon news than what we got last Game Awards (Wooper swarm in Pokémon GO)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
TGA is garbo so here's the GGG, Gwen's Game G-awards, my top 5, coincidentally, all of these are on Switch so you too can get your hands on these gems!

5: Shin Megami Tensei V. The game is oozing with atmosphere as Da'at truly feels like a wasteland, every enemy can ****ing annihilate you if you're underprepared and everything feels major. Game also heavily encourages exploration so you can find items, Miracles which are all sorts of useful abilities and Glory which you use to purchase Miracles. Combat is also immensely satisfying.

4: Voice of Cards. A very barebones and simplistic JRPG but the presentation is so charming and the writing is so wonderful, often making me laugh, feel disturbed and even making me cry which considering the TTRPG presentation is very well executed. A game fully worthy of Yoko Taro's name as there's not many games quite like this, a demo is available and I recommend it even if you're already sold as it takes place a day before the game.

3: Great Ace Attorney Chronicles. A glorious return of Shu Takumi that has a very unique feeling for one of my favourite franchise. Very longwinded though, pacing was outright bad with the first game but I had a fantastic time throughout this, I adore me a good murder mystery and this managed to satisfy my itch, the cast of characters is simply amazing with my new favourite detective and assistants in the franchise. A lovely package with all sorts of goodies included as bonus content that I can wholeheartedly recommend to anyone who likes Ace Attorney.

2: NEO TWEWY. I'm genuinely amazed at how they made a sequel to a cultclassic that managed to get everything in tact from the original when it comes to the charms whether it's the aesthetics, the music, the atmosphere, everything! The gameplay is also actually pretty great unlike the Switch port of the original, going all in on the music theming. Rindo is a drastically different character from Neku and I was immensely satisfied to see how all the character arcs ended up. Also FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THIS GAME WENT ON SALE FOR 15 BUCKS LESS THAN HALF A YEAR POSTRELEASE THIS GAME'S A FLOP AND DESERVED MORE DAMMIT.

1: Metroid Dread. Game controls are buttery smooth and the design is so good that you'll often find the way forward by accident. Fastpaced action and being everything I hoped this would be.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Oh yeah, and as the tweet is apparently Japanese, tomorrow morning is estimated to be around 9-11 AM by the subreddit I stole this from. Thus, it'll most likely work off Japanese timezones for the reveal, so look to see what that timeframe is for you lot in your timezone. Could be higher or lower, no idea honestly.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oh yeah, and as the tweet is apparently Japanese, tomorrow morning is estimated to be around 9-11 AM by the subreddit I stole this from. Thus, it'll most likely work off Japanese timezones for the reveal, so look to see what that timeframe is for you lot in your timezone. Could be higher or lower, no idea honestly.
There's a 14 hours difference between Japan and my location (EST) meaning 9 AM Japan time would be 7 PM tonight for me.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
There's a 14 hours difference between Japan and my location (EST) meaning 9 AM Japan time would be 7 PM tonight for me.
Indeed. I'd prepare to see some stuff around. Though it is possible we may not get anything too proper yet, so we should definitely not monitor everything for 4 hours.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Man, the finale for Spider-Man PS4 still hits hard.

Can't wait to see how the sequel tops it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom