• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Well, the first Sonic Movie trailer had Gangsta's Paradise, a song that had absolutely nothing to do with the movie in both message and tone. The only way they can top that is if they play Straight Outta Compton(obvious language warning)

I was gonna go with **** the Police but I don't want to start A Smashboards Moment
I think they should do Stronger than You (Sans Edition).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m just finding out Rigby voiced Doc Ock in the Insomniac Spider-Man games and MUA3…and Yoshida in both Persona 5 and Persona 5 Royal

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I bought Jump force

(hopefully it was on sale, at least - I know it was deeply discounted for Black Friday, but I'm not sure if those discounts are still on there - I think I've seen it on sale for $8, so it might be worth it for that price)

Admittedly, I haven't played the game, but from what I've seen...

It didn't look that great. (also, they try to take characters like Luffy and Deku and put them into ultra-detailed art styles, and it just looks creepy)

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't know if this is true but I'm hearing reports that Garfield is literally unplayable on Mondays in Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

(hopefully it was on sale, at least - I know it was deeply discounted for Black Friday, but I'm not sure if those discounts are still on there - I think I've seen it on sale for $8, so it might be worth it for that price)

Admittedly, I haven't played the game, but from what I've seen...

It didn't look that great. (also, they try to take characters like Luffy and Deku and put them into ultra-detailed art styles, and it just looks creepy)
It was on sale, dont worry i would never buy it at full price

It was on the Playstation winter sale for like 8 or 9 bucks, the deluxe edición which normally goes for like 80 or so

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Why do I have 4 assignments due tomorrowView attachment 339918
Not sure if this is university, college, or high school, but it seems to happen a lot - teachers/professors schedule big assignments right before the break, seemingly not realizing that every other teacher/professor is doing the exact same thing, leading to lots of overlap. (I recall having to write three 8-12 page papers in the span of a week in my third or fourth year of university - thank goodness for indexes)

Mind you, if they scheduled an assignment for after the break, then there's no way that it would get done, but I feel like there should be a better way to handle this.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Not sure if this is university, college, or high school, but it seems to happen a lot - teachers/professors schedule big assignments right before the break, seemingly not realizing that every other teacher/professor is doing the exact same thing, leading to lots of overlap. (I recall having to write three 8-12 page papers in the span of a week - thank goodness for indexes)

Mind you, if they scheduled an assignment for after the break, then there's no way that it would get done, but I feel like there should be a better way to handle this.
It's undergrad university (I don't mind telling, people can see my age so it's sort of a giveaway lol), and we're getting too much stuff right before finals as well.
Engineering moment :angryrool:

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, how long until videos are uploaded after they are shown in something like The Game Awards that is happening tonight?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
For a refresher, here are the upcoming games by Nintendo that could be The Game Awards material:
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Pokémon Legends: Arceus
  • Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp
  • Splatoon 3
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
the more I see movie Miles, the more I think he looks indistinguishable from his game counterpart

I wonder how he originally looked in the first cut of the film
If you mean how he looked when they were still using the Sonic design nearly everyone did NOT like, something tells me you don't want to know.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
For a refresher, here are the upcoming games by Nintendo that could be The Game Awards material:
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Pokémon Legends: Arceus
  • Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp
  • Splatoon 3
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land
Out of this entire list, more Bayo 3 is the most likely imo. They did reveal Bayo 3 at TGAs iirc.

Advance Wars is not something you'd show at TGAs, the rest are 50/50s except Pokemon who will probably do their own thing as usual, and Prime 4...

Yeah.

I am hoping for Splat3, but I am doubtful wee'll see BoTW2 for some reason.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Like, I really don't understand how cryptocurrency works.

But I can think of no logical reason as to why the hell would anyone ever pay what at least translates to thousands of dollars or more for an unimpressive image when they can just right click and save it to their PC. It makes about as much sense as paying 100K for a banana that's been duct taped to a wall.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Like, I really don't understand how cryptocurrency works.

But I can think of no logical reason as to why the hell would anyone ever pay what at least translates to thousands of dollars or more for an unimpressive image when they can just right click and save it to their PC. It makes about as much sense as paying 100K for a banana that's been duct taped to a wall.
Well the Banana is a tangible object so actually it makes less sense

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m betting the Pokémon trailer drops at the awards. It be smart to push the hell out the game with how different the game is going to be. I imagine they want to reach as wide of an audience as possible to show people the next step for Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom