• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
So uh...
Shiny Mesprit was a bust. Turns out shininess was rolled as soon as they started roaming, and while that's technically huntable, it's a no from me. So I decided to go and try SRing for Shiny Giratina instead. And in 41 encounters...

I'm actually out of breath right now, holy hell. I'm still shaking. You gotta understand, I thought I'd be at this for weeks.
Next on my hitlist are shiny Regigigas and Rayquaza. I've accrued a debt tonight, and methinks Lady Luck will collect her dues and make these two quite painful...

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So, I guess I was talking about future stuff
It's only a matter of time before I graduate college and step into the unknown, and idk, that scares me. I haven't fully developed all the skills I wanna develop, I haven't got a plan for the future, and I know I shouldn't worry at my age of 19, but man is it hard not to.

Idk, I just don't wanna spend the rest of my days just talking to y'all on this site (with all due respect), I actually want something to not worry about in life, you know, find a girl, find a place in society, get a stable and steady carreer, finding my own place, and I'm just worried that'd never happen and I'd just be an aging dude with no life skills whatsoever.

Idk, I'm overthinking it, I know. I hate fearing for the future and thinking if worst case scenerios.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So, I guess I was talking about future stuff
It's only a matter of time before I graduate college and step into the unknown, and idk, that scares me. I haven't fully developed all the skills I wanna develop, I haven't got a plan for the future, and I know I shouldn't worry at my age of 19, but man is it hard not to.

Idk, I just don't wanna spend the rest of my days just talking to y'all on this site (with all due respect), I actually want something to not worry about in life, you know, find a girl, find a place in society, get a stable and steady carreer, finding my own place, and I'm just worried that'd never happen and I'd just be an aging dude with no life skills whatsoever.

Idk, I'm overthinking it, I know. I hate fearing for the future and thinking if worst case scenerios.
Overthinking can be a *****. But don’t worry too much. You’re gonna go places, I can tell.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If I’ve learned anything in life it’s that Stable and Steady are two things you won’t achieve for a long long time. There’s so many bumps in the road that sometimes just staying focused is hard but making the best of it is what makes it fun.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
And i finished my run of Birth by sleep.

Got my copy of Kingdom hearts Re: coded working after rubbing an alcohol covered Qtip all over it, so i'll start that tomorrow.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Honestly I think Occam's Razor sorts this out. Which of these is more reasonable?

Option A: Every parent on this planet is on the Santa conspiracy, creating a consistent mythos. Songwriters, Filmmakers, all part of the propaganda network that propagates the story of old Saint Nick. These absolute madlads then don't even finish the cookies and milk they left for "santa", only leaving one bite mark. Who can resist a chockolate chip ookie?

Option B: he's just real, the stories are true. He visits over 500 million houses a year, so he only needs to take one bite out of the cookies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Story time:

With the Xbox Back Comp update last week, I saw another game on that list I wanted to try. It was "Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom" as I heard good things about it. So I tried to purchase it. Every single time it gave me an error message (but never took money). On Saturday I had to give up as it turns out the game was delisted from the Xbox store and ordered a used copy. Today I tried it and it's a fun Zelda clone.

That's the end of the story.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Shiny Hunter: Reset the game for months in hopes of finding a shiny
Me, who got a Shiny lvl 100 PorygonZ after trading a trashmon for it
View attachment 338673
That's funnily enough the only mon I've ever Masuda hunted for. Can't really do that again as I lent my Ditto to a friend to use, but I still have my funny Protect Last Resort Duck.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Every parent on this planet is on the Santa conspiracy, creating a consistent mythos. Songwriters, Filmmakers, all part of the propaganda network that propagates the story of old Saint Nick. These absolute madlads then don't even finish the cookies and milk they left for "santa", only leaving one bite mark. Who can resist a chockolate chip ookie?
I think we call this strange phenomenon "culture" :yoshi:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Shiny hunting legendaries is fun. I'd say more so than other methods just thanks to how it works. There's something about taking that 1 in 4096 shot over and over again until that dopamine dump truck (or 1/8192, if you're stuck doing it on an older game, such as with Celebi on the GSC VC.) The tedium is worth it, at least when you're like me, a weirdo.
Also, they're cool to have and use, especially now that the games give you tools to make your shinies battle-ready.
Though I don't see the point in doing it for a shiny starter, TBH. Why do that over Masuda breeding?

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Shiny Hunter: Reset the game for months in hopes of finding a shiny
Me, who got a Shiny lvl 100 PorygonZ after trading a trashmon for it
View attachment 338673
Ok but actual meme now:
You shiny hunt by masuda method

I shiny hunt by giving hackers a Diglett

We are not the same
1637723722819.png

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ok but actual meme now:
You shiny hunt by masuda method

I shiny hunt by giving hackers a Diglett

We are not the same
View attachment 338674
Unironically, mine actually isn't a meme, that's what happened after I traded a Patrat to some Japanese guy in Pokemon Black.

That's also how Porygon Z became one of my all time favorite mons.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Shinies ain't worth nuttin to me if you didn't pour your own blood sweat and tears into catching/hatching them.

Or you know, you just got really lucky walking into a random patch of grass.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Jondolio Jondolio 's AMA is now up!

If any of y'all aren't currently on the list of future AMA subjects and would like to be added, please lemme know via reply or PM

Reminder that if you went once or twice before, you're free to go again!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Square's making a remake?

And it's Chrono...

1636449951676.png

...Cross?

1636449951676.png

2022 really will be a year of snoozers for me, huh? :slime: Well, hopefully, the BOTW sequel actually comes out next year.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I skipped on a Jolly one and now have a Timid one for Mew. Think I’ll keep this one.

I imagine Jirachi wants Sp. Atk, yeah?
It works well either. Depends what moves it gets in this game, but it runs an annoying physical flincher set. Special sets are also effective thanks to their power. JOACHIM JS VERY FLEXXIBLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom