• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well after more lists, turns out Smashboard's favorite mons are Gengar and Goodra.
I honestly don’t really like Goodra all that much. It’s just out of all the dragon types it’s the one I dislike the least. It’s the one that fits most with my aesthetic as a trainer. Maybe Dragonair if Dragonite didn’t exist souring my opinion of the line (switching it for Gyrados wouldn’t help conspiracy theorists). Honestly really surprised we didn’t get a lot of cool dragon types in the Britain region. Oh well. Maybe next Gen I’ll actually get one I could consider a favorite.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I honestly don’t really like Goodra all that much. It’s just out of all the dragon types it’s the one I dislike the least. It’s the one that fits most with my aesthetic as a trainer. Maybe Dragonair if Dragonite didn’t exist souring my opinion of the line (switching it for Gyrados wouldn’t help conspiracy theorists). Honestly really surprised we didn’t get a lot of cool dragon types in the Britain region. Oh well. Maybe next Gen I’ll actually get one I could consider a favorite.
You have indirectly pooped on Noivern, Dracozolt, Garchomp, Rayquaza and Dragapult, as such I am now legally required to challenge you to a duel.

Prepare for death.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
He-Man ain’t even dead lol…but I assume it’ll still be about the women and then they go DBS to stunt on these bros

Edit: dammit this wasn’t suppose to be sent until after some poor fellow sent their message…oh well

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
G'morning my gamers
Jondolio Jondolio 's AMA is now up!

If any of y'all aren't currently on the list of future AMA subjects and would like to be added, please lemme know via reply or PM

Reminder that if you went once or twice before, you're free to go again!
Ask me questions or prepare for death

Reactions: ---

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Datamine time in Pokemon Masters. Looks like we're getting a LOT of new units next month including new Christmas units.

Grimsley (Kimono) & Bisharp Steel Tech
SS Lusamine & Dusk Mane Necrozma (Ultra Necrozma) Master Fair Psychic Strike!
Leon (Holiday) & Calyrex (Ice Rider) Ice Strike
Nessa (Holiday) & Eiscue Ice Tech
Elesa (Classic) & Emolga (can Dynamax) Electric Tech
Sonia & Yamper Electric Support
Candice/Brycen/Sophocles
all get grids, the former also gets an EX outfit

Lots of fan favorites this time. Best of all for the first time a non-5* gacha unit finally gets an EX & Grid. Some of paired Pokemon I really thought they'd hold back on until later or save for Legendary Events. So much for Gen 4 bias this month. lol

EDIT: More old gacha units were found to have also gotten grids. Neat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
View attachment 338618

Anyway lookit these dragons and tell me if it’s good character design. Need a lil feedback.

It’s a dragon mother and her son who go on adventures and stuff. Ruby can fly, but she can’t breathe fire. And the reverse for Jasper.

They’re kinda like Spyro mixed with Banjo Kazooie, with a dash of Sonic.

That's some good stuff, noi!

Simple yet effective, hope you can make it work in some big project one day!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just bought Shin Megami Tensei IV since I want something to do during my break and so I get to keep using my 3DS, hope I can keep up with the combat since everywhere I've looked says the series is really difficult.
Some tips:

Defence doesn't exist in SMT4 unless you use buffs so everything will hurt like a ************. This goes both sides so exploit that with Smirks

Use a magic build, Demon Whisper lets you use every nonpassive skill in the game and magic means you get to use all elements without investing in other stats, plus, the more you demon whisper the same skill, the stronger it gets. The reason for this is that Smirk is ****ing broken and you get to proc Smirk constantly by exploiting weaknesses whereas strength builds need to rely on crits, not to mention MP gets absurdly cheap when you unlock the Chakra walk skills. Ergo, only put level up points in magic and agility so you can hit stupidly hard and become a dodge tank. The stats cap at like 255 iirc

FUSE YOUR DEMONS. They are expendable and let you get better stats and resistances, a smart one for early game is Pele as she blocks all Agi spells, she's very good against the first real boss because of it

USE ITEMS. Items have limited slots for a reason so if you're hurting for health but have some life stones or beads, don't be afraid to use them.

Use buffs. SMT really makes buffs important, it cannot be understated how much of a difference a single Makakaja, Rakukaja, Takakaja or Sukakaja makes. Likewise, debuffs really **** with enemies hard.

I'll be happy to help with anymore advice if you like.
Oh yeah btw:

Apparently a new patch came out for Sonic Colors Ultimate. Seems like Sega's keeping their word and they actually are gonna fix it, 'cause the patch was a meaty one.
The patch ****ed with the music lmao

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

It's that time of the year again. :kirbsnow:

Mathematically the only way this could be any more awesome would be if someone built a King Kong snowman right next to it. Bonus points if you give him a battle axe made of ice.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
View attachment 338618

Anyway lookit these dragons and tell me if it’s good character design. Need a lil feedback.

It’s a dragon mother and her son who go on adventures and stuff. Ruby can fly, but she can’t breathe fire. And the reverse for Jasper.

They’re kinda like Spyro mixed with Banjo Kazooie, with a dash of Sonic.

Pretty good stuff. If you want to show that the son breathes fire, maybe have more of an emphasis on his own mouth or give him big fangs to imply he'd be the "attacker"/Kazooie of the group.

Obviously, with her being named Ruby, it's clear why you made her red. From a visual standpoint, flying's connected to the sky which is blue and obviously fire is close to red and orange. Though going for the intentionally opposite route is fun in its own right. But the wings are cool looking enough if you ask me.

Jasper's an orange-y color, so name the son something like Saph, Navy, Azul, Lapis Lazuli(like Android 17 and 18's real names), ect. Though Jasper is catchy.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's wild how some of the demon animations in SMT V are going to be 20 years old the next year.

And people say GameFreak reuses animations too much. /jk

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's wild how some of the demon animations in SMT V are going to be 20 years old the next year.

And people say GameFreak reuses animations too much. /jk
Tekken's been using animations since T1, and Soul Calibur as well. It's more common than you think!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Tekken's been using animations since T1, and Soul Calibur as well. It's more common than you think!
It was a mostly joke post, but actually, it's interesting to see how assets are preserved between games for such long times.

Like how some Smash characters revert back to their Brawl idle animations when holding certain items and such.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It was a mostly joke post, but actually, it's interesting to see how assets are preserved between games for such long times.

Like how some Smash characters revert back to their Brawl idle animations when holding certain items and such.
Wolf does I know. Who else?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So for Hilda fans out there.

-The 80-minute movie will air on December 30th, 2021.
-Season 3 will be the final season.

Would have even been content on Hilda and the Mountain King being the end. Does feel like a fine conclusion but perhaps season 3 will have one too.

Regardless am definitely ok with this. Quality over quantity. Cough Family Guy, Cough Spongebob Cough Simpsons.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Tagging Freezerburn Freezerburn , Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy and osby osby for the Eevee Smash Moveset

Neutral
  • Neutral: Quick Attack
    • Eevee quickly jabs forward with its head.
  • Forward Tilt: Sand Attack
    • Eevee kicks sand forward into its opponent’s faces.
  • Up Tilt: Eevee sweeps it’s head upwards
  • Down Tilt: Tail Slap
    • Eevee Slaps with it’s tail.
  • Dash Attack: Tackle
    • Eevee jumps and slams it’s body forward, tackling any opponents ahead of it.
Smash
  • Forward: Take Down
    • Eevee charges up and then slams forward with a harder tackle.
  • Up: Swift
    • Eevee shoots the star shaped rays of the Swift attack upwards.
  • Down: Bite
    • Eevee charges up and bites the opponents on both sides of it in a one-two rhythm.
Aerial
  • Neutral: Flail
    • Eevee flails about aimlessly in the air.
  • Forward: Scratch
    • Eevee scratches the opponents in front of it with both of its front claws.
  • Back: Pound
    • Eevee pounds the opponents behind it with it’s tail.
  • Up: Spin Attack
    • Eevee spins in the air, dealing damage upwards.
  • Down: Body Slam
    • Eevee drops downward with its full body weight. The least powerful meteor smash of all because it’s a cute fluffy Eevee.
Grabs
  • Grab: Eevee jumps up onto the opponent.
  • Pummel: Headbutt
    • Eevee repeatedly headbutts the opponent
  • Forward Throw: Hyper Voice
    • Eevee uses Hyper Voice and the loud noise launches the opponent forward.
  • Back Throw: Round
    • Eevee circles around to the back of the opponent and fires off the Round attack, launching the opponent.
  • Up Throw: Cuddle
    • The non-G-Max version of Eevee’s Signature G-Max Move. Eevee cuddles with the opponent at its feet before a pillar of normal type Infinity Energy erupts and launches the opponent upwards.
  • Down Throw: Tickle
    • Eevee tickles the opponents chest before jumping off.
Floor Attack: Eevee spins it’s tail while getting up.

Edge Attack: Eevee body slams onto the stage, creating a mini shockwave.

Special
  • Neutral: Buzzy Buzz
    • Eevee shoots out a jolt of electricity. Similar to Robin’s Thoron with no charge.
  • Side: Sizzly Slide
    • Eevee slides forward while coated in flames. The terrain where it slid is able to cause temporary touch damage for a little bit.
  • Up
    • On the Ground: Bouncy Bubble
      • Eevee surrounds itself in a water bubble and quickly ground pounds before bouncing high upwards.
    • In the Air: Freezy Frost
      • Eevee launches a misty cloud of ice and icicles downward while skipping/jumping, propelling it higher.
  • Down: What Will Eevee Do?
    • Similar to Hero’s down special only there are only ever four options. After using any of these four attacks, the move becomes Veevee Volley. It stays this way for a limited number of uses or “turns”.
    • Glitzy Glow: Eevee unleashes a powerful blast of Psychic energy which pushes back foes and does little damage and high knock back. Veevee Volley becomes a reflect move.
    • Baddy Bad: Eevee unleashes a wave of Dark Aura with high damage and low knockback. Veevee Volley becomes a counter move.
    • Sappy Seed: Eevee bursts out a wave of seed bombs with low damage and low knockback. Veevee Volley becomes a taunt which siphons health from the affected opponents wherever they are on the battlefield. Being KO’d removes the seeds.
    • Sparkly Swirl: Eevee unleashes a powerful swirl of pleasantly smelling fairy wind with high damage and high knockback. Veevee Volley becomes a clone of Sing, only it can now also heal allies in team battles.
Final Smash
  • Extreme Evoburst: Eevee and all of its evolutions attack the opponents with a powerful attack. Eevee uses Hyper Beam. Flareon uses Fire Blast. Jolteon uses Thunder. Vaporeon uses Hydro Pump. Espeon uses Psyshock. Umbreon uses Dark Pulse. Leafeon uses Solar Beam. Glaceon uses Blizzard. And Sylveon uses Moonblast.

Taunts
  • Helping Hand: Eevee claps its paws with the same rhythm as the hands in the move in Pokémon.
  • Baby Doll Eyes: Eevee makes Baby Doll Eyes
  • Tail Whip: Eevee wags it’s tail cutely.

Victory Animations
  • Celebrate: A present drops onto the battlefield and Eevee bursts out of it. The message “Congragulations!” appears alongside the name of the switch profile or player name associated with the victor.
  • The animation when you beat a gym with Partner Eevee in Let’s Go Eevee featuring that game’s default trainer.
  • Eevee plays with the Eeveelutions.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Tagging Freezerburn Freezerburn , Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy and osby osby for the Eevee Smash Moveset

Neutral
  • Neutral: Quick Attack
    • Eevee quickly jabs forward with its head.
  • Forward Tilt: Sand Attack
    • Eevee kicks sand forward into its opponent’s faces.
  • Up Tilt: Eevee sweeps it’s head upwards
  • Down Tilt: Tail Slap
    • Eevee Slaps with it’s tail.
  • Dash Attack: Tackle
    • Eevee jumps and slams it’s body forward, tackling any opponents ahead of it.
Smash
  • Forward: Take Down
    • Eevee charges up and then slams forward with a harder tackle.
  • Up: Swift
    • Eevee shoots the star shaped rays of the Swift attack upwards.
  • Down: Bite
    • Eevee charges up and bites the opponents on both sides of it in a one-two rhythm.
Aerial
  • Neutral: Flail
    • Eevee flails about aimlessly in the air.
  • Forward: Scratch
    • Eevee scratches the opponents in front of it with both of its front claws.
  • Back: Pound
    • Eevee pounds the opponents behind it with it’s tail.
  • Up: Spin Attack
    • Eevee spins in the air, dealing damage upwards.
  • Down: Body Slam
    • Eevee drops downward with its full body weight. The least powerful meteor smash of all because it’s a cute fluffy Eevee.
Grabs
  • Grab: Eevee jumps up onto the opponent.
  • Pummel: Headbutt
    • Eevee repeatedly headbutts the opponent
  • Forward Throw: Hyper Voice
    • Eevee uses Hyper Voice and the loud noise launches the opponent forward.
  • Back Throw: Round
    • Eevee circles around to the back of the opponent and fires off the Round attack, launching the opponent.
  • Up Throw: Cuddle
    • The non-G-Max version of Eevee’s Signature G-Max Move. Eevee cuddles with the opponent at its feet before a pillar of normal type Infinity Energy erupts and launches the opponent upwards.
  • Down Throw: Tickle
    • Eevee tickles the opponents chest before jumping off.
Floor Attack: Eevee spins it’s tail while getting up.

Edge Attack: Eevee body slams onto the stage, creating a mini shockwave.

Special
  • Neutral: Buzzy Buzz
    • Eevee shoots out a jolt of electricity. Similar to Robin’s Thoron with no charge.
  • Side: Sizzly Slide
    • Eevee slides forward while coated in flames. The terrain where it slid is able to cause temporary touch damage for a little bit.
  • Up
    • On the Ground: Bouncy Bubble
      • Eevee surrounds itself in a water bubble and quickly ground pounds before bouncing high upwards.
    • In the Air: Freezy Frost
      • Eevee launches a misty cloud of ice and icicles downward while skipping/jumping, propelling it higher.
  • Down: What Will Eevee Do?
    • Similar to Hero’s down special only there are only ever four options. After using any of these four attacks, the move becomes Veevee Volley. It stays this way for a limited number of uses or “turns”.
    • Glitzy Glow: Eevee unleashes a powerful blast of Psychic energy which pushes back foes and does little damage and high knock back. Veevee Volley becomes a reflect move.
    • Baddy Bad: Eevee unleashes a wave of Dark Aura with high damage and low knockback. Veevee Volley becomes a counter move.
    • Sappy Seed: Eevee bursts out a wave of seed bombs with low damage and low knockback. Veevee Volley becomes a taunt which siphons health from the affected opponents wherever they are on the battlefield. Being KO’d removes the seeds.
    • Sparkly Swirl: Eevee unleashes a powerful swirl of pleasantly smelling fairy wind with high damage and high knockback. Veevee Volley becomes a clone of Sing, only it can now also heal allies in team battles.
Final Smash
  • Extreme Evoburst: Eevee and all of its evolutions attack the opponents with a powerful attack. Eevee uses Hyper Beam. Flareon uses Fire Blast. Jolteon uses Thunder. Vaporeon uses Hydro Pump. Espeon uses Psyshock. Umbreon uses Dark Pulse. Leafeon uses Solar Beam. Glaceon uses Blizzard. And Sylveon uses Moonblast.

Taunts
  • Helping Hand: Eevee claps its paws with the same rhythm as the hands in the move in Pokémon.
  • Baby Doll Eyes: Eevee makes Baby Doll Eyes
  • Tail Whip: Eevee wags it’s tail cutely.

Victory Animations
  • Celebrate: A present drops onto the battlefield and Eevee bursts out of it. The message “Congragulations!” appears alongside the name of the switch profile or player name associated with the victor.
  • The animation when you beat a gym with Partner Eevee in Let’s Go Eevee featuring that game’s default trainer.
  • Eevee plays with the Eeveelutions.
Oh, I liked this one. Most people would just give it an evolution gimmick but your moveset looks unique and fun by relying on Eevee alone. The care you put into its attack animations to make them cute is also impressive.

but... so many... alliterations...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Having watched Congo (1995) yesterday. Given technology today I feel another adaption would be worth it.

Only just make it a mini-series whether on HBOMax or something. If it were pitched to Hollywood, it'd all just be a CGI-fest.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh, I liked this one. Most people would just give it an evolution gimmick but your moveset looks unique and fun by relying on Eevee alone. The care you put into its attack animations to make them cute is also impressive.

but... so many... alliterations...
They’re all it’s signature moves from Let’s Go. And I wanted to go with them specifically because there was one corresponding to each type that it can evolve into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom