• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'd love for the Hilda series to come out on disk. Love to own it.

Also decided on watching Commando tonight. Lot of 80s/90s action movies I've missed out on and gotta get around to start watching those.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Some tips:

Defence doesn't exist in SMT4 unless you use buffs so everything will hurt like a ************. This goes both sides so exploit that with Smirks

Use a magic build, Demon Whisper lets you use every nonpassive skill in the game and magic means you get to use all elements without investing in other stats, plus, the more you demon whisper the same skill, the stronger it gets. The reason for this is that Smirk is ****ing broken and you get to proc Smirk constantly by exploiting weaknesses whereas strength builds need to rely on crits, not to mention MP gets absurdly cheap when you unlock the Chakra walk skills. Ergo, only put level up points in magic and agility so you can hit stupidly hard and become a dodge tank. The stats cap at like 255 iirc

FUSE YOUR DEMONS. They are expendable and let you get better stats and resistances, a smart one for early game is Pele as she blocks all Agi spells, she's very good against the first real boss because of it

USE ITEMS. Items have limited slots for a reason so if you're hurting for health but have some life stones or beads, don't be afraid to use them.

Use buffs. SMT really makes buffs important, it cannot be understated how much of a difference a single Makakaja, Rakukaja, Takakaja or Sukakaja makes. Likewise, debuffs really **** with enemies hard.

I'll be happy to help with anymore advice if you like.
The patch ****ed with the music lmao
Thanks a lot for this! I ended up having to reload my save after put all my stats into strength.

The combat feels really smooth if you can get the upper hand.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Thanks a lot for this! I ended up having to reload my save after put all my stats into strength.

The combat feels really smooth if you can get the upper hand.
You'd have been screwed over harder than you think, strength only increases your attack, but not physical skills as that's used with Dexterity iirc. Again, magic builds for Flynn are just objectively superior in SMT4 because of how Smirk works and how you get apps that recharge Flynn's MP when walking around. Hell, the highest tier of those apps make it apply to all 4 party members.

Oh and enjoy the minotaur
61vpzg2dbfz41.png

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Whoa seems like Resident Evi: Welcome to Raccoon City just went from 26% to 50% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Also got a 6/10 on IGN.

Probably still gonna get massacred though...

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Soooooo

Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Lamperouge Lamperouge

Mouse and keyboard Metroid Prime is spoiling me big time rn

...IDK if I'll ever go back to the old ways, lol.
I'm hoping to try it for myself someday but my current PC is complete doodoo lol.

But yeah, Prime Trilogy already felt great with the Wii Remote so I'm quite curious how much of an improvement mouse and keyboard is. Still a bit biased towards the original setup with the GCN controller tho.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I'm hoping to try it for myself someday but my current PC is complete doodoo lol.

But yeah, Prime Trilogy already felt great with the Wii Remote so I'm quite curious how much of an improvement mouse and keyboard is. Still a bit biased towards the original setup with the GCN controller tho.
Only thing I don't like about the mouse and keyboard combo is on GCN Prime 1, I think it's impossible to ghetto jump, which is kinda lame, but TBH none of the randomizer seeds I use ATM need it so it's fine.

But yeah, NGL, Prime with these controls and an HD pack are hecka nice. If you ever get a chance to try it someday, I definitely recommend it.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Tagging @Freezerburn , @Dyllybirdy and osby osby for the Eevee Smash Moveset

Neutral
  • Neutral: Quick Attack
    • Eevee quickly jabs forward with its head.
  • Forward Tilt: Sand Attack
    • Eevee kicks sand forward into its opponent’s faces.
  • Up Tilt: Eevee sweeps it’s head upwards
  • Down Tilt: Tail Slap
    • Eevee Slaps with it’s tail.
  • Dash Attack: Tackle
    • Eevee jumps and slams it’s body forward, tackling any opponents ahead of it.
Smash
  • Forward: Take Down
    • Eevee charges up and then slams forward with a harder tackle.
  • Up: Swift
    • Eevee shoots the star shaped rays of the Swift attack upwards.
  • Down: Bite
    • Eevee charges up and bites the opponents on both sides of it in a one-two rhythm.
Aerial
  • Neutral: Flail
    • Eevee flails about aimlessly in the air.
  • Forward: Scratch
    • Eevee scratches the opponents in front of it with both of its front claws.
  • Back: Pound
    • Eevee pounds the opponents behind it with it’s tail.
  • Up: Spin Attack
    • Eevee spins in the air, dealing damage upwards.
  • Down: Body Slam
    • Eevee drops downward with its full body weight. The least powerful meteor smash of all because it’s a cute fluffy Eevee.
Grabs
  • Grab: Eevee jumps up onto the opponent.
  • Pummel: Headbutt
    • Eevee repeatedly headbutts the opponent
  • Forward Throw: Hyper Voice
    • Eevee uses Hyper Voice and the loud noise launches the opponent forward.
  • Back Throw: Round
    • Eevee circles around to the back of the opponent and fires off the Round attack, launching the opponent.
  • Up Throw: Cuddle
    • The non-G-Max version of Eevee’s Signature G-Max Move. Eevee cuddles with the opponent at its feet before a pillar of normal type Infinity Energy erupts and launches the opponent upwards.
  • Down Throw: Tickle
    • Eevee tickles the opponents chest before jumping off.
Floor Attack: Eevee spins it’s tail while getting up.

Edge Attack: Eevee body slams onto the stage, creating a mini shockwave.

Special
  • Neutral: Buzzy Buzz
    • Eevee shoots out a jolt of electricity. Similar to Robin’s Thoron with no charge.
  • Side: Sizzly Slide
    • Eevee slides forward while coated in flames. The terrain where it slid is able to cause temporary touch damage for a little bit.
  • Up
    • On the Ground: Bouncy Bubble
      • Eevee surrounds itself in a water bubble and quickly ground pounds before bouncing high upwards.
    • In the Air: Freezy Frost
      • Eevee launches a misty cloud of ice and icicles downward while skipping/jumping, propelling it higher.
  • Down: What Will Eevee Do?
    • Similar to Hero’s down special only there are only ever four options. After using any of these four attacks, the move becomes Veevee Volley. It stays this way for a limited number of uses or “turns”.
    • Glitzy Glow: Eevee unleashes a powerful blast of Psychic energy which pushes back foes and does little damage and high knock back. Veevee Volley becomes a reflect move.
    • Baddy Bad: Eevee unleashes a wave of Dark Aura with high damage and low knockback. Veevee Volley becomes a counter move.
    • Sappy Seed: Eevee bursts out a wave of seed bombs with low damage and low knockback. Veevee Volley becomes a taunt which siphons health from the affected opponents wherever they are on the battlefield. Being KO’d removes the seeds.
    • Sparkly Swirl: Eevee unleashes a powerful swirl of pleasantly smelling fairy wind with high damage and high knockback. Veevee Volley becomes a clone of Sing, only it can now also heal allies in team battles.
Final Smash
  • Extreme Evoburst: Eevee and all of its evolutions attack the opponents with a powerful attack. Eevee uses Hyper Beam. Flareon uses Fire Blast. Jolteon uses Thunder. Vaporeon uses Hydro Pump. Espeon uses Psyshock. Umbreon uses Dark Pulse. Leafeon uses Solar Beam. Glaceon uses Blizzard. And Sylveon uses Moonblast.

Taunts
  • Helping Hand: Eevee claps its paws with the same rhythm as the hands in the move in Pokémon.
  • Baby Doll Eyes: Eevee makes Baby Doll Eyes
  • Tail Whip: Eevee wags it’s tail cutely.

Victory Animations
  • Celebrate: A present drops onto the battlefield and Eevee bursts out of it. The message “Congragulations!” appears alongside the name of the switch profile or player name associated with the victor.
  • The animation when you beat a gym with Partner Eevee in Let’s Go Eevee featuring that game’s default trainer.
  • Eevee plays with the Eeveelutions.
I just imagined Eevee doing all of those in super cute sprite animations that could never be replicated as cutely using 3D models. Good moveset btw.

It was a mostly joke post, but actually, it's interesting to see how assets are preserved between games for such long times.

Like how some Smash characters revert back to their Brawl idle animations when holding certain items and such.
I mean, Battle Revolution still used the animation of the first 151 from the first Pokémon Stadium, thing is those animations were better than anything post gen 4, and were not used as excuse for cutting a few hundreds Pokémon from a game. I know you were joking, but still wanted to say it out loud here.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Fox, Falco, Luigi, Jigglypuff, Pit and Diddy Kong. I think Sheik may also be doing it.

There are also a number of clone characters who revert to their base character's idle animation such as Lucas and Lucina.
Link and Hero share many of their animations. I think that Link was used as the frame work for hero. Identical get up attacks, same animations when holding heavy items, same sizes, shield mechanic. They deal identical damage with jabs, Hero dash attack is just Link dash attack with less coverage but stronger. They share ledge get up animations, they share tumble animations. They are 2 weight units apart. They have nearly identical grabs. They even have similar idle animations.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean, Battle Revolution still used the animation of the first 151 from the first Pokémon Stadium, thing is those animations were better than anything post gen 4, and were not used as excuse for cutting a few hundreds Pokémon from a game. I know you were joking, but still wanted to say it out loud here.
I think I've heard enough Pokemon complaints to last me a lifetime since SwSh came out but cool.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If there's one Pokemon game I don't get the hate for, it's Lets Go.

They made it abundantly clear that it wasn't for the hardcore fans and it only exists to capitalize off of the super casual audience of Go (which at the time was mainly Kanto iirc) and people got made when the game was exactly that.

That's also why I didn't get it, because it wasn't for me.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If there's one Pokemon game I don't get the hate for, it's Lets Go.

They made it abundantly clear that it wasn't for the hardcore fans and it only exists to capitalize off of the super casual audience of Go (which at the time was mainly Kanto iirc) and people got made when the game was exactly that.

That's also why I didn't get it, because it wasn't for me.
It's also a remake of an older, beloved game so it had innate appeal to a lot of more hardcore fans.

My first Pokemon game was Fire Red so Kanto holds a special place in my heart. I wasn't really angry over Let's Go (Heck, I actually enjoyed them) but I was dissapointed that they didn't do more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom