• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Boring?

Eh, it's small, but I dunno if it's boring. It's very clear that the size was due to them trying to make room for both regions on the cart.

That, and the music blows Gen 1's out of the water, easy.
Oh no, Gen 2 is definitely good, and the music's great.

But Johto as a region? Meh, just a souped up Kanto tbh. Definitely one of the weakest alongside Kalos

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

...Why are you like this?
What's wrong with Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola, and Orre?
I will reserve my full scorn until after I play their games (though I currently lack inexpensive ways to explore Johtoh and Unova). But like… the concepts behind the first three just seem boring to me. The few iconic Pokémon they even have I always forget aren’t from Kanto anyway. And Kalos and Alola…. let’s just say I have observed that the general discourse is that those games aren’t very good. The idea is certainly neat. But like… that’s about it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Honestly, I'm surprised how spread out the genres are for GOTY this year for the Game Awards. I know its not a big deal, but it's neat I guess. Though with only so many spots, some titles got snubbed I guess. I know A LOT of people liked Judgement and Returnal, let alone a bit more of a niche title like Guilty Gear Strive. Funnily enough, I saw people complaining about Forza NOT being there, which felt a little surreal.

Good work as usual dude!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I will reserve my full scorn until after I play their games (though I currently lack inexpensive ways to explore Johtoh and Unova). But like… the concepts behind the first three just seem boring to me. The few iconic Pokémon they even have I always forget aren’t from Kanto anyway. And Kalos and Alola…. let’s just say I have observed that the general discourse is that those games aren’t very good. The idea is certainly neat. But like… that’s about it.
Can't speak in Kalos but Alola is underappreciated, but the Ultra games burned everyone out.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So he’s mad because Senpai didn’t notice him?
A Senpaider-Man, if you will.

I'll give Snake some credit:

Johto's ****ing boring.
Johto's rural vibes are cool.
Boring?

Eh, it's small, but I dunno if it's boring. It's very clear that the size was due to them trying to make room for both regions on the cart.

That, and the music blows Gen 1's out of the water, easy.
National Park is fantastic.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Morning
So remember how I said I'm not weeb?

Yeah, I'm hitting my downfall arc.
View attachment 337910
I knew MHA would've ruined me
Mob Psycho good

Watch Hunter x Hunter next, it's peak fiction
How am I the only one still interested in Kanto? Like, any other region doesn’t interest me like at all. Johto, Hoen, and Sinnoh are all just Kanto but different with weird new Pokémon. And like… I don’t want to use this concept on Unova and ESPECIALLY not Kalos, Alola, or Galar.
Let me guess. Your favorite Gen 1 starter is Charizard

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Peter Parker…biggest chad in all of superhero history

only he could get a whole theater room chanting his name hours before a mere trailer

only he can manage to keep a positive relationship with every female he’s been with (not sorry Batman)

only he can make the most bank without actually being rich

mans only he can bring balance between 2 greedy companies for the sake of more money and fan hype

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alola is great ignore the haters. Alola is ****in rad.

Also Kanto has a mid pokedex. Yes there are bangers, but there are bangers in every pokedex. Kanto isn’t special in this regard. They’re only iconic cuz they were first dont @ me.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don’t understand how the first three are like Kanto? I mean, I get GSC having Team Rocket and including Kanto, but it still has an entire new region and new legendaries and stuff, and the other two I’m confused about…

You mean similar stories besides motives and stuff? Aside from Alola’s trials (and even them in some ways), they all have a similar premise anyway, being “catch Pokémon/beat gyms/beat bad guys/catch epic Legendary ooo/beat the elite four/gotta catch ‘em all mothaclucka.”

I think the main issues people have with XY and SuMo are just some easy stuff and SuMo having a bunch of cutscenes, but imo they’re still great. Haven’t played X recently and don’t remember all of it though, but I recall enjoying it, and Alola is awesome, I think my only nitpick was the amount of trainers with 1-2 Pokémon but eh don’t really care now.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Alola is great ignore the haters. Alola is ****in rad.

Also Kanto has one a mid pokedex. Yes there are bangers, but there are bangers in every pokedex. Kanto isn’t special in this regard. They’re only iconic cuz they were first dont @ me.
Tbh, I think the charm of Kanto's dex was how basic it was. Nothing too crazy, but it has it's owm unique charm to it. Too bad they all ****ing suck now thanks to getting powercreeped hard.

Tbh, the dexes I find kinda mid are 2 and 6. 2's issue was that some mons weren't as fleshed out as they could be which got redeemed in Gen 3 and 4, and 6's is just... eh.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The main reason I like Kanto is the manga tbh.

It recontextualized the region for me in a way that made it feel a lot less vanilla than it felt when I played the game and that made me appreciate it a whole lot more.

Still think the dex is pretty mid though. There are a few Pokemon I like but most of them put me to sleep

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
started a Dragon Ball marathon despite never finishing a **** load of past marathons and before I get prepared for my Spider-Man marathon…cause me

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm thinking about starting to watch Naruto

I'm a shonen nut but a relatively new one and I've heard mixed things about it

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Imo, the issie with the Kanto dex is that the modern games have given us virtually no reason to use them anymore, because they ****ing suck and got powercreeped the hell out.

For the love of God give them new movepools they shouldn't be stuck with like 3 actually useful moves it's 2021

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Choosing between regions is like choosing a favorite child. So I vote we wake up Groudon and Kyogre so we can make our own region!!! With Battle Frontiers and Wild Areas and...

Yeah, not fixing that typo now, too late for that
79ou7.jpg

I don't get to use this joke that often, so when I see a chance me take it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Yeah. I think Naruto fumbled in the 2nd half, but there's early stuff that's still pretty great to this day. There's still some really cool fights, and some pretty interesting characters like Rock Lee and Kakashi.

Granted, you can for sure tell the Toriyama and Togashi influence. Naruto's aesthetic being close to Goku's, Sasuke was based off of Hiei, and his backstory is similar to Kurapika, and Kishimoto said Naruto and Sasuke's rivalry was based off of Goku and Krillin's early rivalry. Jiraya basically Master Roshi ect. ect.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I was in a group chat with two groups of people today

One was talking about Crypto ****

The other, old school Runescape and was talking about an enemy called the Crypt Rat

After misreading it as Crypto Rat, I am now going to start RatCoin.
That's it I'm screenshotting all your posts so you lose value

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

It's definitely a series you'll want to get a filler guide for especially once you hit the second half. I would love for this series to get the Kai treatment somewhere down the line. I binged it about two years ago and I still think what it excels at continues to help explain why it's become of the three pillars of Shonen Jump still to this day, but it's weaknesses are still very visible.

I'd recommend it to anyone remotely interested just as long as you go in knowing that the quality of the arcs can fluctuate in terms of quality mostly because of how the series handles Sasuke.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Watch Hunter x Hunter

It's a cute series about a boy looking for his dad where everything is cute and innocent and there's no disturbing graphic violence or shady people in makeup at all

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I have to say is "WOW!"

• I am actually liking the new design concept of Electro in contrast to the Amazing Spider-Man 2 version.
  • Once again, happy to see Alfred Molina back as Doc Ock.
  • Close towards the end of the trailer when Spider-Man went off to charge against the villains, I noticed from a couple of sources that said that the Lizard was punched by an "invisible force." I'm highly convinced that this was probably Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man edited out.

I reckon Spider-Man: No Way Home will certainly be a massive box office hit next month.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
How am I the only one still interested in Kanto? Like, any other region doesn’t interest me like at all. Johto, Hoen, and Sinnoh are all just Kanto but different with weird new Pokémon. And like… I don’t want to use this concept on Unova and ESPECIALLY not Kalos, Alola, or Galar.
Kanto and Hoenn are my favorite regions, I love the simplicity and all the iconic places of Kanto, and the unparalleled freedom gen1 and its remakes gave us in that region too. Now although I disagree with other fans saying "Kanto gets too many remakes" (it only got one more than gens 2, 3 and 4, the Johto games don't count), I will definitely agree with them if we get another Kanto game.

And btw geographically speaking Unova is by far the worst region. An effing circle with zero opportunities to make things in a different order? Seriously, GF?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Dammit…

on the one hand I can easily import my SLOBS scenes into OBS

On the other hand… I’ve been using their chatbot for years and idk any bot that’s as simple, and my custom alerts will not work with Stream Elements

D

Deleted member

I'll say though, Kanto needs a remake the most, FRLG (and by extension Kanto) predate the physical/special split, after all. And no, Let's Go doesn't count, it's way too different in gameplay.

Then they can stop with Kanto.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'll say though, Kanto needs a remake the most, FRLG (and by extension Kanto) predate the physical/special split, after all. And no, Let's Go doesn't count, it's way too different in gameplay.

Then they can stop with Kanto.
Blazing FireRed and uh.... Greener LeafGreen idk.

Tbh, catching Johto up to speed isn't a bad idea either, so far it's the only region to not have fairy type at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom