• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Morning

Mob Psycho good

Watch Hunter x Hunter next, it's peak fiction

Let me guess. Your favorite Gen 1 starter is Charizard
My starter was Eevee. My favorite Gen…. I don’t have one. I maintain that Kanto is the most iconic and should be the go-to for spin-offs but every Gen I’ve played has had problems.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
BDSP reviews are coming out.

It's looking solid, the lowest score was a 6/10 from Nintendo Life, but the avaerage is about an 80 with like a dozen reviewers

In comparison, SwSh was also about an 80 after 87

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
My starter was Eevee. My favorite Gen…. I don’t have one. I maintain that Kanto is the most iconic and should be the go-to for spin-offs but every Gen I’ve played has had problems.
I'm not an expert on Pokemon games but I reckon Gens after the first one also have problems.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm not a Genwunner, but I think those that aren't are a bit too easily bothered by any reminders of Kanto whatsoever. Even if Sword & Shield went DUDE LEON AND HIS BADASS CHARIZARD DUDE! so much, that doesn't mean merchandise and spinoffs never acknowledge newer Pokemon.

Frankly if non-Genwunners are like that, while Genwunners won't deliberately expose themselves to new Pokemon for hours just to see one measily Kanto reference, I don't know who the Kanto references in newer Pokemon games are for.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I was gonna say "Gen 1 is mid" but tbh calling RBY mid is being way too generous considering how utterly broken they are

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don’t understand how the first three are like Kanto? I mean, I get GSC having Team Rocket and including Kanto, but it still has an entire new region and new legendaries and stuff, and the other two I’m confused about…

You mean similar stories besides motives and stuff? Aside from Alola’s trials (and even them in some ways), they all have a similar premise anyway, being “catch Pokémon/beat gyms/beat bad guys/catch epic Legendary ooo/beat the elite four/gotta catch ‘em all mothaclucka.”

I think the main issues people have with XY and SuMo are just some easy stuff and SuMo having a bunch of cutscenes, but imo they’re still great. Haven’t played X recently and don’t remember all of it though, but I recall enjoying it, and Alola is awesome, I think my only nitpick was the amount of trainers with 1-2 Pokémon but eh don’t really care now.
Maybe it’s because I haven’t played them yet but like… they’re still based on japan. How different can they be. That country is 90% homogeneous.
I'm not an expert on Pokemon games but I reckon Gens after the first one also have problems.
That’s why I don’t have a favorite. I’m a fan of the concept of Pokémon. But picking a favorite game for me (which is currently choosing between Shield and Let’s Go Eevee) is like choosing the best players of a fifth grade marching band.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Maybe it’s because I haven’t played them yet but like… they’re still based on japan. How different can they be. That country is 90% homogeneous.
You’d be surprised when you don’t make wild assumptions on stuff you’ve never seen based on nothing

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I was gonna say "Gen 1 is mid" but tbh calling RBY mid is being way too generous considering how utterly broken they are
Alright, how many times have you been negatively affected by RBY's brokenness? It's not like CP2077 where the bugs really impact the game in a bad way. Plus Pokémon Stadium is still Gen 1. I wish it still had a competitive scene, because its battle system is a blend between RBY and GSC.

D

Deleted member

So those day of the week ribbons? It's back to only one ribbon for your first Pokemon each day. No more party wide ribbon distribution like it was the case with ORAS. That's such a step backwards.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I'm a bit of a Pokémon glitch history buff, so I can't hate Gen 1 too much. MISSINGNO. is the iconic one and they're cool and all, but you'd be surprised by just how deep it goes. Shout-out to Glitch Pokémon 4 4 for trying to load the entire Yellow ROM into memory.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
at least more Gwens are coming along…tho I wanted more on that Ghost-Spider vs Invisible Woman (+ Human Torch I guess) feud that hasn’t been dealt with in over a year

D

Deleted member

Hot take maybe, but with BDSP going back to single use TMs, I actually wish they'd kept the HMs, while adding the Poketch app to make wild Pokemon use them. At least Surf and Waterfall would've been unlimited use then. Even Strenght is a pretty good Normal-type move for in-game, strong and reliable.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wasn't Electro the one who became a villain because nobody remembered his birthday?
That but a combination of other things to.

Osbcorp treated him like ****, made him work on his birthday. No one wanted to celebrate with him, he had no friends, the only person who told him he matter in life was Spider Man.

they sent him to a dangerous power grid section where they were running illegal experiments on eels( same type of experiments that were done to the spider that bites Peter)

he asks the supervisor to cut the power in the area so he can solve the issue without any danger. They tell him to **** off basically and decided not. He falls in dies and is reborn with his powers.

he loses control in Times Square but wasn’t out to hurt anyone. Spider man shows up and he actually de escalates the situation because he knows Max is a good person. This almost gets him to be good but then the police escalate the situation enraging him. Which combined with people finally realizing he exits sets him on the villain path.

Honestly Electro had a pretty solid backstory.His life slowly got worse and worse before there was nothing else to lose. I look forward to seeing him again in No Way Home because I actually liked his story in TASM 2

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
damn Marvel
y’all need to chill with these designs

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Following list of characters I hate.

Abby (The Last of Us: Part II)
Every character in Family Guy
Every Injustice: Gods Among Us character (Especially Harley Quinn)
Griffith (Berserk)
Katsuki Bakugou (My Hero Academia)
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)
Larry (The Walking Dead: Season One)
Lola Loud (The Loud House)
Mark Jefferson (Life is Strange)
Most post-Season 4/First movie Spongebob Squarepants character (Spongebob, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs notably)
Penny Peterson (Mr. Peabody & Sherman)
Sergei (Asura's Wrath)
Shou Tucker (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Sokka (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z)

Bored. That's all.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I find Sokka annoying and not funny the very least.

Vegeta prior to his redemption killed billions blowing up planets daily. He's a mass murderer edgelord ****. Doesn't matter if it's a setting where there's a confirmed afterlife. Still murder and its not like he ended up reviving all the billions he had killed. "Oh I'm edgy! The greatest edgelord known! Edge! = More awesome right!?" :rolleyes:

Edginess is overrated.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I find Sokka annoying and not funny the very least.

Vegeta prior to his redemption killed billions blowing up planets daily. He's a mass murderer edgelord ****. Doesn't matter if it's a setting where there's a confirmed afterlife. Still murder and its not like he ended up reviving all the billions he had killed. "Oh I'm edgy! The greatest edgelord known! Edge! = More awesome right!?" :rolleyes:
Sokka’s turbo based bro I dunno what to tell you-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom