• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I know in cannon Poké Balls are basically shells but like I always imagined them having this kind of circuit board look to them on the inside with blue energy panels that project the energy that catches the Pokémon.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As a kid for some reason I used to think Poke Balls inside basically had environmental homes for said Pokemon and could invite other Pokemon for parties. Don't know what went through my head...

Noipoi

Howdy!
One thing I find fascinating about the original Diamond & Pearl is that, in one of the leaked prototypes, Giratina was so different in the beta (it even had a different name: Kimairan)

View attachment 337983
Thank christ they changed its design.

Giratina is badass, Kimairan looks like Centaur Zoidberg.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Larry (The Walking Dead: Season One)
Lola Loud (The Loud House)
Larry… I assume you mean from the games correct? If so who was he again? Currently playing Season 2.

As for Lola Loud, I agree. She reminds me a bit of D.W. from Arthur, except more of a brat and with less memorable lines.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
anyone who hates Sokka automatically has invalid opinions

and I ain’t gonna hate a man who has that bad of a hairline but at least got himself a bad that inferior to Chi Chi and Videl yet still can’t stop a big bad due to Goku/Gohan/Trunks/Frieze/17 winning the other ones
I'm just quoting Frieza here
***** you just jealous of my Super Saiyan swagger
Oh, sorry.

Your <infraction warning> isn't little at all. 7.8/10 I rate
My <infraction warning> is bigger than yours seeing as I was banned recently
looks men…we all got a pretty large <infraction warning> to carry around
Larry… I assume you mean from the games correct? If so who was he again? Currently playing Season 2.

As for Lola Loud, I agree. She reminds me a bit of D.W. from Arthur, except more of a brat and with less memorable lines.
he’s Lily’s useless dad who hates Lee despite Lee being better than him

aka the guy everyone loves to kill most

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Yes from the games.

"Oh I'm old and my wife is dead! Boo, hoo, hoo, hoo! That gives me an excuse to be an ***hole and cranky to everyone around me!". Getting his face smashed in by a good ol' salt lick was what he deserved.

As for Lola. That's one way of describing her. Another is being a combination of Angelica Pickles and D.W. combined but more of a temperamental diva acting like as if she's rich.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I recently having memories of two dreams i had in 2017 and 2018:
  • 2017: In that year, i dreamed about i was watching on YouTube; Gaming All-Stars 5, and it started with Mario waking up in a green plain, meanwhile two Rabbids crashing themselves (think DBZ Potara fusion) while a snippet of Rave:tech (^_^) New;world playing on the background (the part where it says "I WISH..."). Then Wario shows up, and there is a GAS Anime Opening.
  • 2018: I don't remember all of the dream, but i remember a part where a CRT i had in the past was showing RWBY on the Latin American feed of TCM (i'm from Peru btw).
And that's all i can say here.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
"Oh boo, hoo, hoo! My wife is dead and I'm an old elderly man! I don't care if its mean! Everybody's got dead people! It's no excuse to act like an ***hole and be grumpy around everyone all the time!" - Rocket Raccoon saying this in Larry's face.

You tell em Rocket!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I see a lot of Vegeta fans here

Say, Vegeta fans, would you guys say you'd want him in a platform fighter? A platform fighter about jumping and stars mayhaps?

sorry if i'm being a bit on the nose with advertising this creation thread, i'll stop if it annoys anyone.
I want Vegeta to be the main character of the next GTA…aka the next GTAV port. Franklin won’t be the only playable character with a yee yee ass haircut

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I find Sokka annoying and not funny the very least.

Vegeta prior to his redemption killed billions blowing up planets daily. He's a mass murderer edgelord ****. Doesn't matter if it's a setting where there's a confirmed afterlife. Still murder and its not like he ended up reviving all the billions he had killed. "Oh I'm edgy! The greatest edgelord known! Edge! = More awesome right!?" :rolleyes:

Edginess is overrated.
My problem with Vegeta is that he is overrated and goes through the same character arc every damn saga just to reset to "bad guy" in the next.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I think y'all missed the point of Vegeta.

Yes, he did murder billions (mostly under Freiza's orders), but both the manga and the show made it abundantly clear that Vegeta wasn't a good person at all until after the Buu saga happened, and even then later manga chapters in Super has moments where Vegeta hasn't quite shaken off what he did in the past, even if the show kinda swees it under the rug.

But the whole thing aboht Vegeta's character is that he's cocky and arrogant, and that's what always proves his downfall, because unlike Goku who fights to protect others, he only fights to become number 1 again and that's the number 1 reason why he can never surpass Goku because he's beyond selfish (moreso before Bulma and Trunks). That's why had a breakdown in the Buu arc, he wanted to be the selfish killer he once was, but his glory days were over and he committed suicide in hopes to make amends with the world. But even then he still has some villianous tendencies which... yeah is kinda annoying imo.

As for why fans like Vegeta, it's because of his whole arc plus he's badass, it's not a wonder why people like him. And before you say he killed a lot, damn near every character has a pretty big kill count. Piccolo is in the exact same boat as Vegeta and yet he remains amongst one of the most popular characters.

Holy **** this is way longer than I thought it would be

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom