• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeeeah, been thinking of coming a bit less here too, for my health and stuff.

I suck at promises tho, sooo don't be surprised if you still see me here and there.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
And by the way guys I'll always be tied to this community. Not to mention to Wademan94 Wademan94 I've still my own promise to keep supporting him on his creative projects and feedback.

Speaking of which, I really should get back to mine.

Bad news? Dude, we all need to be spending less time here.

But I'm glad that things are finally looking up for you.

I'll change that phrase how I see it of what you said:

We all need to spend less time here, but more time somewhere doing productive and cool stuff together.

Things are looking up for me but the family will never be impressed. I'm doing driving lessons, getting a part time job plus government benefits, doing 4 different classes, cycling and doing creative stuff. Then again, it's probably cause I suck at clarification.

Tbh, nothing wrong with wanting to take a break or use this site less, especially if there's more important things in life.

This is just a site, we'll always be here. Opportunities like jobs and driving tests will not.
Nah dude, I'll always try to make even five minutes a day for you guys. Really helped me through the pandemic and much more, I've a lot of stuff coming up but I feel more comfortable talking to people here than most.

I like...........................................................................................................................................................most people here.

besides, I can keep tabs on everyone with the hidden cameras-

I mean yeah breaks are good and healthy.
Ah so that's why my web cam is always flashing.

Didn't know that was your kink Nyanman.

Still I'm not taking a break, more so just busy. Plus I would have more to say but now after Smash Bros is over, I want all this in a new form for a change of pace. Me and a few of you guys have tried that game night the other day so something like that.

Those I'll still keep going if you all wish.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Will say though, doing home bike aka sport can help alot if you're feeling like crap.

Just did that and while i'm tired now, it's like a good kind of tired.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So I watched Eternals today.

It's not anything extraordinary as a superhero but top-tier characters and group dynamic more than made that up for me. Amazing how interesting all of them were and how well they added something unique to the movie. Already a personal favorite of mine but YMMV.

Also, Phastos is GOAT.

Dutch Raikuna

So on the topic of things looking up (despite family) and the bike being alright (steering a bit of an issue but it's fine 9 days out of 10) just gonna post my favourite song to listen to while on the bike now:

It's not even funny how much I love Weathering With You. Better than Your Name in a few ways like plot, visuals and soundtrack but a bit weaker in characters and memorable scenes.

By the way, if any of you guys haven't watched a Makoto Shinkai film, I would really watch one, coming from me who has seen all six twice.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Super was my first Paper Mario so that’ll always be the best to me. Its funny cause I refused to play the game for like 2 years after getting it because for some reason I was really scared of that scene of the hammer bro being mind controlled.
That was me but with the scene where Mimic snap her neck.

Replayed the first two chapter multiple time cuz I was too scared of that scene as a kid.

Same deal (kinda) with the Egg boss in Partner in Time, for... Some reason.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Whoo! Last Night in Soho's digital release date has been announced!

November 19th baby. Gonna be watching for sure! Grab me some subway as I did for Red Notice yesterday!

One step closer to completing my 52-Movie-Challenge. Talk about killing two birds with one stone.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 337630
All the mons you can get in BDSP's main game. This includes the underground
Ya know, everyone always memes about the lack of Fire types in the original games, but Electric is just as bad. If you don't get Shinx, your only other options are Pachirisu (lol) and Pikachu, with Magenmite (swarm) and Elekid (GBA insert) being post-game. Luckily BDSP fixes it somewhat.

BDSP:
Too bad Elekid and Magby were made version exclusives this time around. Because those two types really needed even less variety.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So on the topic of things looking up (despite family) and the bike being alright (steering a bit of an issue but it's fine 9 days out of 10) just gonna post my favourite song to listen to while on the bike now:

It's not even funny how I much I love Weathering With You. Better than Your Name in a few ways like plot, visuals and soundtrack but a bit weaker in characters and memorable scenes.

By the way, if any of you guys haven't watched a Makoto Shinkai film, I would really watch one, coming from me who has seen all six twice.
I only read the manga but I should watch the movie one of these days. I don't think Makoto Shinkai is a good writer at all but he really knows how to make pretty films.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Sticker Star doesn’t deserve any sort of defense. It might not be as bug/glitch ridden as stuff like Rise of Lyric, but there’s way too many questionable design choices and lack of quality control for me to consider it anything better than terrible.

It's not even funny how much I love Weathering With You. Better than Your Name in a few ways like plot, visuals and soundtrack but a bit weaker in characters and memorable scenes.

Know where I can watch this movie?

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Btw, did Pokemon fans stop being angry about BDSP?

Not sure what they did to please them but I hope it continues.
They were super pissy and made fun of the people who thought the day -9 patch was gonna fix a majority of the issues (dubbed the copium patch), only for the patch to actually fix a majority of the issues, and they shut up since.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Ya know, everyone always memes about the lack of Fire types in the original games, but Electric is just as bad. If you don't get Shinx, your only other options are Pachirisu (lol) and Pikachu, with Magenmite (swarm) and Elekid (GBA insert) being post-game. Luckily BDSP fixes it somewhat.

BDSP:
Too bad Elekid and Magby were made version exclusives this time around. Because those two types really needed even less variety.
We should talk about Ice too. If you didn't pick up Snover or Sneasel, which can only be obtained around the Seventh Gym, then you're not getting an Ice type until the postgame. Even worse diversity than Electric and about the same as Fire, not sure why people don't bring it up as much.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
We should talk about Ice too. If you didn't pick up Snover or Sneasel, which can only be obtained around the Seventh Gym, then you're not getting an Ice type until the postgame. Even worse diversity than Electric and about the same as Fire, not sure why people don't bring it up as much.
I think the bigger issie is that we only get like 7 ****ing ice types per gen, there's only SIXTY of them overall

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Btw, did Pokemon fans stop being angry about BDSP?

Not sure what they did to please them but I hope it continues.
Funny you say that, 'cuz I found someone on Twitter today that is really tired of Pokemon fans/apologist making excuses for BDSP and that it's still a lazy remake with a terrible art style.

Dutch Raikuna

Well I should shoot off since a few issues online and offline are creeping up again.

All fun and games until you distracted for too long.

I only read the manga but I should watch the movie one of these days. I don't think Makoto Shinkai is a good writer at all but he really knows how to make pretty films.
Pretty films and narrative ideas? Absolutely. Constant misdirection and plotholes? In spades. I can sum it up easily of all six.

Place Promised in Our Early Days, Weathering With You and Children Who Chase Lost Voices - Plot and world is too short for a movie. Better as a TV series and a few plotholes scattered across them all.

Your Name - A lot and a lot of plotholes. A good amount of the films events could have been avoided if they just checked the date on their phones or would have gotten almost nowhere if one of them locked theirs.

Garden of Words - Is fine but again, obvious plothole is obvious Dude must be **** with faces if he didn't know that was one of his teachers..

5 Centimetres Per Second - Only one without much of a plot misfire. His strongest plot wise easily.

If I had to say. Watch 5 Centimetres Per Second for the plot, Weathering With You for everything else.

Know where I can watch this movie?
Boats and hats. Or you can get a DVD somewhere.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Funny you say that, 'cuz I found someone on Twitter today that is really tired of Pokemon fans/apologist making excuses for BDSP and that it's still a lazy remake with a terrible art style.
I never get why people get so aggressive about people defending harmless stuff.

Art is subjective, let people hate and love whatever the hell they want.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Anyone picking up that Zelda G&W thingy next week?

I still wish we got something bigger for the anniversary, but it's still neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom