• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Remember that there was a costume leak for Moon Knight:

Now look at the scene shown within the small teaser trailer at around the 0:15-0:29 mark where you could see some of the familiar settings if you can compare the photo:

I think it is safe to say that there is a strong possibility that the suit leak is real.

EDIT: Slight mistake with my post which has now been corrected.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They were super pissy and made fun of the people who thought the day -9 patch was gonna fix a majority of the issues (dubbed the copium patch), only for the patch to actually fix a majority of the issues, and they shut up since.
Gonna be honest here, while the day 1 patch did fix a lot of issues, it still doesn't change the fact it even has to exist. I can excuse day 1 patches for digital only games or simply to enable online features (maybe slight bugfixes as well). But BDSP is gonna ship out, quite literally, incomplete and that I don't find excusable. Like, it doesn't even have an intro movie without it. But if, by some miracle, the physical cartridge comes with the day 1 patch pre-installed then it's fine. But if not, I'm not gonna say "well, at least the patch fixes things, so all's good" and turn a blind eye to that.

Having said that though, I do think both sides of the fandom could stand to calm down. A lot of deriders go "worst game" and try to nitpick everything, while a lot of defenders try to deflect every criticism. But I guess that's just social media for you.

Ultimately, do I consider BDSP to be the best games in the series? No, but they ain't the devil's spawn either. They're fun (though I never was the biggest Sinnoh fan admittedly), the level curve, even with forced EXP Share seems fine (still would like to have a toggle, it's literally just an on/off switch) and they're really gorgous looking, much better than SwSh. BDSP took the best part of Let's Go and made it even better. I will say though, the lack of proper Secret Bases in addition to how the gems work, especially now that the Underground is online as well, really is a big minus point for me personally.

We should talk about Ice too. If you didn't pick up Snover or Sneasel, which can only be obtained around the Seventh Gym, then you're not getting an Ice type until the postgame. Even worse diversity than Electric and about the same as Fire, not sure why people don't bring it up as much.
Yeah, playing through Diamond right now, I totaly forgot how **** the type ditribution is. At least you can get Swinub early this time around.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I find it weird that people enjoying BDSP are being lumped into this "Pokémon fanboys" blob by some, considering how much I ragged on Sword & Shield. Had I not been enjoying BDSP I'd be doing the same here.

Something I absolutely love about BDSP is that... it's just Pokémon. That's it. For the first time in nearly a decade, it's literally just Pokémon with no needless distractions. I really appreciate that.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Sun and Moon were great, people are just mean
All those games need is a skip cutscene button and that'd shut down 90% of the criticism.

Unfortunately GF doesn't like to encourage people to replay their games from new saves, despite the fact that they've been pumping out 3rd versions and remakes since forever. Maybe by the time Gen 11 rolls around GF will get over themselves and fix that in the remakes.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sun and Moon were great, people are just mean
The story was at least interesting, needed a lot less cutscenes though. Region itself was pretty good but felt smaller, I wish they did more of the islands.

Ultra Sun and moon was kinda bad though because it butchered Lusamine’s story.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
The story was at least interesting, needed a lot less cutscenes though. Region itself was pretty good but felt smaller, I wish they did more of the islands.

Ultra Sun and moon was kinda bad though because it butchered Lusamine’s story.
I actually quite find the concepts of the Ultra Beasts rather interesting within Ultra Sun and Moon for some reason.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I actually quite find the concepts of the Ultra Beasts rather interesting within Ultra Sun and Moon for some reason.
They just did such a good job at making the ultra beasts seem so alien and bizarre, even by pokemon standards. Even the Beast Ball gimmick was there to sell the fact that those things were so alien that they were barely pokemon.

Not to mention that Ultra Beast lore ties directly into the origin story of one of my favorite pokemon ever.

Man did GF do this unholy abomination dirty. #JusticeForNull

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

kylexv

Smash Master
I still think that Sun and Moon are the best 3D Pokemon games with ORAS following ever so close behind it.

• XY is pretty good, but I feel the games don't really have too much standing out looking back other than being the first 3D Pokemon games and having the largest regional dex so far.
  • ORAS are great remakes, bringing with them the excellent Delta Episode and the best Shiny-hunting method we've ever gotten: DexNav. ORAS brought in new Megas and Primal formes for Groudon and Kyogre, although I felt that the Primals were way overtuned and I was lowkey glad to see them gone in SWSH. Only big disappointment was the lack of a Battle Frontier or even a Battle Tower.
  • Sun and Moon has the best story of any 3D Pokemon game, and the only major gripe I have with it is the first couple of hours being super hand-holdy. They also offer a different type of main game experience with Island Challenges and Totem Pokemon, which offered a nice challenge.
  • Although USUM has more Pokemon available than SM, they made the story worse and the Rotom Dex was made more annoying.
  • LGPE are interesting cases. Although I think they're pretty good, they aren't very memorable and the games are very easy.
  • SWSH are kind of...bad. DLC made them better but they're still definitely the weakest 3D games so far.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So we're finally getting the second trailer to Spider-Man: No Way Home on Tuesday:

Second trailer comes out Tuesday.

Who wants to bet we'll see Tobey and Andrew Spidey?
Boy do I have news for you.

You were already ninja’d.

Plus your post lacked the big wheel.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As a firm believer of parallel earths. I like to think there is an earth where cryptids and mythical creatures do exist but as real animals.

As depicted in the book Cryptozoologicon.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I like how the Jimmy neutron christmas special is the first episode on it's disc, so you can just put it on during christmas and just take the disc out when the special is over.

I like this special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom