• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not sure how I feel about bringing back 90's X-Men, as that show ended nicely I feel. Would've wanted Wolverine and the X-Men to get a 2nd season since it got screwed over by the Disney buyout back in 2009/2010. On the other hand, it'd be cool to see that version of the X-Men interact with the wider variety of heroes and villains they introduced since then. Hell, maybe Deadpool can actually show up instead of just a cameo.

It's at least cool that SOME of the original crew is back for it and Cal Dodd I think is back as Wolverine. I just hope the characters still act like themselves, but it is what it is. Can't say the original show is going anywhere.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
why Android 21 a better female DB character that Caulifla tho
Caulifla is just a bratty kid like Kid Trunks. AKA the worst Trunks. So the sequel to that is still just as annoying.

Honestly, the U6 Saiyans are all collectively mid. Goku vs Kefla was a fun fight tho. If they ever go back to U6, maybe they'll introduce some cooler ones. Cause they can't hold a candle to Goku/Vegeta/Gohan/F.Trunks. And the newer version of Broly was cooler than those 3 too.

My PS2 just broke down. Not very surprising considering I got it used for 50$, happy it lasted at least 3 years. I guess I’ll have to hold off on replaying Silent Hill 3, hoping it doesn’t cost too much to repair.
Damn, that sucks to hear. PS2's do tend to break down tho.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ms. Marvel always interested me, but Moon Knight seems cool as well.

Alright, confession time, I never read the comics at all. I don't gotta way to easily access them nor do I have the time or commitment to read all of them.
If you ever change your mind, I would recommend the 1980 Moon Knight series. The pulp tone and artwork by Bill Sinkevich(I probably spelled his last name wrong) really stood out to me, and in my opinion was the version that made him who he was.

But nearly each run does something really different with him, which is the benefit of not being popular, so you get wildly different styles if your tastes are different than mine. I think Moon Knight and Blade are the only ones I'm really interested in for the Live Action stuff honestly.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My PS2 just broke down. Not very surprising considering I got it used for 50$, happy it lasted at least 3 years. I guess I’ll have to hold off on replaying Silent Hill 3, hoping it doesn’t cost too much to repair.
Was it a launch mode fat one (30001)? That tends to happen. It’s less common in later revisions

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm actually kind of interested in Morbius. Hope its at least decent.

View attachment 337573
For a movie called Sneakerella, this sneaker is *ing horrendous. * looks like the Porygon episode
That movie trailer was an attack on Black people. They snuck that **** in right after the Proud Family trailer.
Who’s ready to see Uncle Ben die for the third time?
LET'S GO BAYBEE! Better than sweeping it under the rug. Though to be honest, finding out it was an MCU series made me a LOT LESS interested. I was hoping for a new standalone show, maybe, dare I say, with Adult Spider-Man where 90% of his best stories are.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
It's gonna be neither imo

That said, I'm betting Arceus will be 100% tied into PLA.
I could see nothing coming too, but IDK, it makes sense considering there won't be a Gen 9 release next year.

Granted, you could say Legends will be our yearly release, but given BDSP is made by a separate team, I could see this happening.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don’t even remember 90% of what happened in the Catwoman 2004 movie

I think I’d prefer to keep it that way

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That movie trailer was an attack on Black people. They snuck that **** in right after the Proud Family trailer.
Disney really thought they could pull a fast one on us, and to make matters worse, the director and 4/5 of the writers are white. Like, BRUH
20211112_194420.jpg

Just call me a ****** at this point, it'd be more acceptable lol.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I heard they're doing new episodes for X-Men '97.

I wish they coulda just did that with Spider-Man '97 instead of doing the weirdest **** to pump the series alive for a fifth season.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Disney really thought they could pull a fast one on us, and to make matters worse, the director and 4/5 of the writers are white. Like, BRUH
View attachment 337614
Just call me a ****** at this point, it'd be more acceptable lol.
Guess Disney broke even.

On one hand, Proud Family revival and Princess Tiana series.

On the other, Sneakerella and the Stepdad.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
NGL, with the DS and 3DS market skyrocketing thanks to scalpers, I might try to pick up Pokémon Ultra Moon sooner rather than later.

I missed out on Pokémon Conquest and now have to emulate it. Which is fine, but man, I like having personal copies alongside emulation if I can, especially now that I'm looking into making my own backups... :drsad:
Good thing I hopped on the 3DS bandwagon before the scalpers kicked in. I got a good one at a reasonable price. Definitely go for it when you feel you're ready.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So like, it's been well over a month at this point, my mind still cant process that Dearly Beloved is a song i can play in smash, that Dearly beloved is in the same game as Megaman, Pit and Joker, those are most of my favorite things in one.

I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen Disney make at least one movie/short/series/whatever out of the Kingdom Hearts brand.
Fun fact there were plans for one way back around Chain of memories's original launch, but for some reason it never got off the ground, there are storyboards for it online if i remember right.

The most Disney looking Sora weve ever seen.

D

Deleted member

As neat as her Sheikah Slate moveset in AoC is, it didn't exist when SSBU was made... but more importantly! I quite enjoy how all of our Zelda fighters in Smash represent a different game with their character designs.
Good point. Sakurai could've made her DLC though. Then we'd have 3 Links and 3 Zeldas (counting Sheik) lol

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Yeah, especially considering I got it used. It’s something of a miracle it lasted as long as it did tbh.
Was it a launch mode fat one (30001)? That tends to happen. It’s less common in later revisions
Yeah, I got one of the fat ones. Probably why I got such a good deal. Guess I’ll see if I can get an upgrade when my paycheck comes.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Caulifla is just a bratty kid like Kid Trunks. AKA the worst Trunks. So the sequel to that is still just as annoying.

Honestly, the U6 Saiyans are all collectively mid. Goku vs Kefla was a fun fight tho. If they ever go back to U6, maybe they'll introduce some cooler ones. Cause they can't hold a candle to Goku/Vegeta/Gohan/F.Trunks. And the newer version of Broly was cooler than those 3 too.

Purple hair Trunks > Blue hair Trunks > Kid Trunks (tho I guess that’s by default)

honestly I like Kale and Cabba. Both could easily be brought up again for further development. As for Kefla…oh my…
Alongside the rest of the movie
aye those cats were the best part of the movie
So like, it's been well over a month at this point, my mind still cant process that Dearly Beloved is a song i can play in smash, that Dearly beloved is in the same game as Megaman, Pit and Joker, those are most of my favorite things in one.
I like how one of your first character thoughts was to say the GOATED illiterate icon Pit

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Fun fact there were plans for one way back around Chain of memories's original launch, but for some reason it never got off the ground, there are storyboards for it online if i remember right.

For me, being able to jam the Jin Kazama theme, Central Highway, Ridley's theme and Soy Sauce for Geese in one game is pretty nice, NGL.

I haven't bought many of the Mii Costumes, but I might get the Mega Man ones and Shantae/Bomberman.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

That "some reason" was Disney not wanting to risk the relationship between them and Square Enix so early on in the series' life. They had no clue what they were doing with the series, and Disney didn't want to proceed on their own with a series that didn't have Square Enix input and/or approval.

The first, and perhaps one of the most important examples of the Gentlemen's agreement between Disney and Square Enix.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That "some reason" was Disney not wanting to risk the relationship between them and Square Enix so early on in the series' life. They had no clue what they were doing with the series, and Disney didn't want to proceed on their own with a series that didn't have Square Enix input/approval.
Seems like the tides have turned now because Square's fearing Disney nowadays

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Look out Simon Altaïr is coming!

Unrelated, watched Ant-Man and the Wasp and thought it was alright.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Purple hair Trunks > Blue hair Trunks > Kid Trunks (tho I guess that’s by default)

honestly I like Kale and Cabba. Both could easily be brought up again for further development. As for Kefla…oh my…

aye those cats were the best part of the movie

I like how one of your first character thoughts was to say the GOATED illiterate icon Pit
Kid Icarus uprising Is one of the greatest games ever created and i Will not debate this.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well the NON-CGI ones at least
even the cgi cats were better than the rest of the movie…tho I wonder if it’s worse than Elektra since I still haven’t seen the movie yet
Kid Icarus uprising Is one of the greatest games ever created and i Will not debate this.
say it for the people in the back
AMEN
C5230556-B941-4741-B5E3-CFA9007E9C23.jpeg

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Fun Sonic fact:

Both SA1 and 2 Steam ports are bad.

Sincerely,

Someone who had to figure out why SA2 was crashing on his new PC, only to realize it’s the full screen breaking it.

hahaha pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom