• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So who's excited for Far From Home?
Me because despite all I said about the MCU, I love Spider-Man

Though I'm definitely more excited for Spider-Verse 2
If you were a twin

How would you know which one was you🤔🤔🤔
I actually am a twin

I can tell which one I am because I know which one made it out of the womb without being eaten by his fetus brother

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The average Disney+ viewers ain't ready for Nomura storytelling.
thank goddess for my marathon cheating of the convoluted Kingdom Hearts storytelling
What do ya expect from the fast-food of cinema (Or basically having the same cereal every morning)?
I’d rather have a “fast food” cinema franchise than to end up looking at some sort of disappointment. At least the same food will always satisfy me
Good thing my investment in the DC movies is much smaller and I can just be selective about what I watch and don't watch
such as Peacemaker and The Batman
So who's excited for Far From Home?
No Way Home has been my most anticipated movie of the year since Tom Holland got Disney and Sony to make up and become a better couple with Spider-Man
totally not biased towards my homie Spidey
I just wanna know if the rumors are true ajd Maguire and Garfield are in the movie
Matt Murdock as well…cause I’m unable to not be excited about the possibility in him and Kingpin both returning to the MCU this year. There’s also the whole Venom thing that could be acknowledged

KillerCage

Smash Master
It's made me appreciate the DC movies more given whether you love or hate the DCEU or DC movies in general (Especially The Batman coming out next year) you gotta give it full credit in making most films seem separate and standalone as well as different tones and formulas. Notably, Shazam and The Suicide Squad despite both aiming to be more comedic I felt the tones were rather different.

It's like Marvel is too afraid to change its usual formula in fear of losing its audience and I was right. Eternals apparently tried to be different from the other MCU films, look how that turned out. Lowest-rating MCU film even below Thor: The Dark World, that says a lot. However though because of how successful the MCU is at this point. It can survive a few bombs or underperformance so apparently Eternals won't be a big loss for them and at most just either ignore the film following future films or it continues as a Disney+ series which I felt more like being then a full-feature film.
I'm willing to defend Eternals.
Like I said yesterday, the film was way better than expected and is legit funny which I did not expect.
While I don't think Eternals is better than Shang-Chi (the latter had the better overall story, but the former had the better finale,) it is superior to Black Widow by a wide margin.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
been an mcu nut since i was a wee lad but with how endgame wrapped up so perfectly and how... okay-ish most of the recent marvel stuff have been (notable exceptions being the first few episodes of wandavision, loki, and shang-chi, though i admittedly haven't seen what if and eternals yet) it's just hard to get excited over most of it. spidey is looking to be a fanfiction in movie form and im looking forward to dr strange, thor, and guardians but other than that... i just lost most of my enthusiasm. even the tv shows, i love hawkeye and ms marvel but i cant bring myself to get excited for their shows for whatever reason. doesn't help that they pump em out like a goddamn factory
Pretty much this for me. I remember going to see Avengers in theaters and missing the post-credits scene (didn't even know those were a thing) and frantically googling what it was and if anyone had footage (they did not, and I would not see it until years later.

Looking forward to Spiderman because I love Spiderman, and especially Tom Holland (I think he's been the best one so far and it's going to be tragic when he's gone from the MCU due to licensing), but otherwise I'm just burnt out on Marvel for now.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm willing to defend Eternals.
Like I said yesterday, the film was way better than expected and is legit funny which I did not expect.
While I don't think Eternals is better than Shang-Chi (the latter had the better overall story, but the former had the better finale,) it is superior to Black Widow by a wide margin.
even tho Black Widow is likely one of the weaker projects in Phase 4 this year (both a prequel and a conclusion to Natasha’s life and the beginning of Yelena’s), it’s definitely got the best opening credits in MCU history and I will kill people on that hill cause I ain’t tryna die on some random hill
Pretty much this for me. I remember going to see Avengers in theaters and missing the post-credits scene (didn't even know those were a thing) and frantically googling what it was and if anyone had footage (they did not, and I would not see it until years later.

Looking forward to Spiderman because I love Spiderman, and especially Tom Holland (I think he's been the best one so far and it's going to be tragic when he's gone from the MCU due to licensing), but otherwise I'm just burnt out on Marvel for now.
considering his upcoming Disney+ series is his origin story, and
Venom is in the MCU
, and Morbius is in whatever timeline he’s in…Tom is definitely staying around some more
I just wish said risks paid off more.
depends…does Joker and Shazam count? Or John Cena and Harley Quinn staring the Suicide Squad…or cheating even more by counting in Doom Patrol?
I know we're stirring the pot here, but tbh, I can't agree when The Batman is coming out as well.
The Batman is gonna destroy **** once it releases. Could be the best DC film next year (sorry Flash and the animated Catwoman movie)

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Look at the bright side

Spider-Verse is a thing now

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What's the point of superhero movies when we all know the best movie of next year is gonna be Sonic 2?
Excuse me. I think you spelt Black Adam wrong. ;)

Anti-Hero. Egyptian Mythology. Ancient Egypt. Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock.

**** YEAH!!!!

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Ironically, the bets DC films are the ones not apart of the DCEU
The DCEU's problem is they wanted a cinematic universe without any of the effort Marvel put into it.

It took Marvel 4 years to even kick off the MCU and to this day requires a bunch of work in script-writing to build a consistent world that ca be used in movies and TV shows. DC didn't want to wait, so they hastily rushed it and it blew up in their face to no one's surprise.

KillerCage

Smash Master
You don’t know what you’re in for
Let me put it like this: by the time we got to Dream Drop Distance, the Kingdom Hearts went full Blazbluey.
Time travel: Blazblue has it.
Main villlian goes by multiple names and bodies: Blazblue has it.
Every piece is canon and important to the main story including Japan-exclusive content: Blazblue does that too.

YOU don't know what you're in for regarding Blazblue.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
DC really aren't taking many risks to be honest, they're just rushing and throwing **** at the wall to see what sticks

Man of Steel was mid and that was a bog standard Superman film with Snyderisms
BvS was hot **** and was a rush job to play catch up
Suicide Squad was garbage and they had Harley, Joker and Will Smith drawing people in
Justice League should have been a slam dunk and they ****ed up
The Snyder Cut should never have existed and isn't good either
Wonder Woman was great
Shazam was actually great
Aquaman was alright
What the **** was Wonder Woman 1984
Joker isn't even in the DCEU proper and it's alright at best
The Suicide Squad was great at leveraging James Gunn's talent

The first Flash film is a ****ing Flashpoint film leveraging nostalgia for Keaton's Batman
The Batman looks legit great but it's not in the DCEU without the Multiverse asterisk.
I'm hopeful with Black Adam, Blue Beetle and Shazam 2

The only "risk" is their inability to be consistent and trying to rush into doing the same stuff the MCU is doing.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The DCEU's problem is they wanted a cinematic universe without any of the effort Marvel put into it.

It took Marvel 4 years to even kick off the MCU and to this day requires a bunch of work in script-writing to build a consistent world that ca be used in movies and TV shows. DC didn't want to wait, so they hastily rushed it and it blew up in their face to no one's surprise.
At this point. The DCEU is better off what it's doing now. Treating most of their films separate and standalone.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
DC really aren't taking many risks to be honest, they're just rushing and throwing **** at the wall to see what sticks

Man of Steel was mid and that was a bog standard Superman film with Snyderisms
BvS was hot **** and was a rush job to play catch up
Suicide Squad was garbage and they had Harley, Joker and Will Smith drawing people in
Justice League should have been a slam dunk and they ****ed up
The Snyder Cut should never have existed and isn't good either
Wonder Woman was great
Shazam was actually great
Aquaman was alright
What the **** was Wonder Woman 1984
Joker isn't even in the DCEU proper and it's alright at best
The Suicide Squad was great at leveraging James Gunn's talent

The first Flash film is a ****ing Flashpoint film leveraging nostalgia for Keaton's Batman
The Batman looks legit great but it's not in the DCEU without the Multiverse asterisk.
I'm hopeful with Black Adam, Blue Beetle and Shazam 2

The only "risk" is their inability to be consistent and trying to rush into doing the same stuff the MCU is doing.
When I mean by risks. Doing R-rated films and making their films seem standalone and different in terms of formula. As I said despite Shazam! and The Suicide Squad being aimed more for comedy. I felt the tones were rather different and had different styles of humor. Can't say the same for the MCU.

I do admit though this might just be more of a preference thing for myself.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
When I mean by risks. Doing R-rated films and making their films seem standalone and different in terms of formula. As I said despite Shazam! and The Suicide Squad being aimed more for comedy. I felt the tones were rather different and had different styles of humor. Can't say the same for the MCU.

I do admit though this might just be more of a preference thing for myself.
Neither of those are risks in a post-Deadpool world.
Being R-Rated isn't a death sentence so long as the film's good and marketed well and superhero films have been standalone even during the MCU's tenure.

Couldn't the same be said for the last two Spider-Man trilogies with Tobey and Andrew bringing in villains like Doc Ock?
I missed the part where No Way Home was the first Spider-Man film in the MCU, let alone the first Spider-Man film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom