• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen Disney make at least one movie/short/series/whatever out of the Kingdom Hearts brand.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
i only started with like endgame and wandavision but tfatws and loki were so ungood that i just don’t have the brand loyalty to be pre-emptively hyped yknow. its no guarantee that a marvel series is good so just a bunch of logos doesnt do a lot for me.
been an mcu nut since i was a wee lad but with how endgame wrapped up so perfectly and how... okay-ish most of the recent marvel stuff have been (notable exceptions being the first few episodes of wandavision, loki, and shang-chi, though i admittedly haven't seen what if and eternals yet) it's just hard to get excited over most of it. spidey is looking to be a fanfiction in movie form and im looking forward to dr strange, thor, and guardians but other than that... i just lost most of my enthusiasm. even the tv shows, i love hawkeye and ms marvel but i cant bring myself to get excited for their shows for whatever reason. doesn't help that they pump em out like a goddamn factory

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
been an mcu nut since i was a wee lad but with how endgame wrapped up so perfectly and how... okay-ish most of the recent marvel stuff have been (notable exceptions being the first few episodes of wandavision, loki, and shang-chi, though i admittedly haven't seen what if and eternals yet) it's just hard to get excited over most of it. spidey is looking to be a fanfiction in movie form and im looking forward to dr strange, thor, and guardians but other than that... i just lost most of my enthusiasm. even the tv shows, i love hawkeye and ms marvel but i cant bring myself to get excited for their shows for whatever reason
If you’ve watched the Netflix shows for Marvel, then you might want to check out Hawkeye if the rumors are true.

Outside of them, reviewers Say it feels like a Netflix marvel show and they enjoyed the more grounded aspects of it.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
If you’ve watched the Netflix shows for Marvel, then you might want to check out Hawkeye if the rumors are true.

Outside of them, reviewers Say it feels like a Netflix marvel show and they enjoyed the more grounded aspects of it.
Never watched any of them lmao

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
dammit, no...
78D81740-FF0B-4490-9D53-73AD68B42C8E.gif
an appropriate picture at that
New Proud Family revival
Princess Tiana series
Star Wars fans btfo

Black people finally won
Disney feeding the black community real good
It's getting harder and harder to keep up with all of the stuff Marvel is pumping out. Am excited for a lot of it though.
I’m having a hard time keeping track of my sanity
Never watched any of them lmao
watch all but Iron Fist

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hey osby osby and Shroob Shroob Since she would theoretically be around the same age Ken was in the original P3 now, how would you feel about finally getting a playable Nanako in Persona 5 Arena?
Really depends on how she would be handled because she would essentially be a new character.

I think it can work if you make it like P2 and use it to expand her characterization in a way her debut game didn't. But she never had a Persona in P4 so you need to go out of your way to explain how she got one while also giving her a new character arc and I don't think it fits really well into an ensemble battle royale.

Ideally, I'd like to see her as a semi-plot-relevant NPC just to see how she's doing.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
First look at Ms. Marvel:

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Still no display of Ms. Marvel's embiggening superpowers >:c I really hope the rumors aren't true about her powerset being different in the show. She deserves better than just being low budget Green Latern.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Oh and another thing

I'm sick of how unavoidable MCU stuff is, it's basically all people ever talk about

Like whenever a new episode of TFS's Talkcast Podshow comes out I get really excited only for it to be another hour long episode where they talk about nothing but Marvel. I usually just listen to the rundown section and then tune out and it's sad because I really enjoy hearing Nick and Scott talk about geeky **** but I'm just so sick of Marvel.
watch all but Iron Fist
bruh i just went on a long rant on how sick i am of mcu ****

Jondolio

Smash Hero
In conclusion, I think I'd probably appreciate the MCU more if it slowed down a bit

Four movies and five shows in the span of one year (originally meant to be six, mind you) is too much for any one franchise

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I finished watching Red Notice.

Overall decent film. Not great but good though the humor really sucked and didn't make any sense at times.

Also.

The reveal Hartley (Dwayne Johnson's character) was Sarah Black's (Gal Gadot's character) lover and on it with her the whole time. What was the point of framing him in the first place then? Was that part of their plan all along and he played on it?)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Still no display of Ms. Marvel's embiggening superpowers >:c I really hope the rumors aren't true about her powerset being different in the show. She deserves better than just being low budget Green Latern.
already higher budget than the Green Lantern movie…but I want my embiggen and other stretchy and growing/shrinking body movements from Kamala
In conclusion, I think I'd probably appreciate the MCU more if it slowed down a bit

Four movies and five shows in the span of one year (originally meant to be six, mind you) is too much for any one franchise
bright side…DC is beginning to do the same…yay content

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

What do ya expect from the fast-food of cinema (Or basically having the same cereal every morning)?

As long as the money is there, they're gonna keep pumping them out and especially with the same usual formula notably quippy one-liners and humor.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
How the hell am I supposed to hold the controller comfortably while playing Mega Man X and how did I ever tolerate holding it like this?
bright side…DC is beginning to do the same…yay content
Good thing my investment in the DC movies is much smaller and I can just be selective about what I watch and don't watch

osby

Smash Obsessed
What do ya expect from the fast-food of cinema (Or basically having the same cereal every morning)?

As long as the money is there, they're gonna keep pumping them out and especially with the same usual formula notably quippy one-liners and humor.
You know, I don't get why you keep returning to MCU's humor of all things again and again.

I can think of a lot of downsides to essentially fabricating mainstream blockbusters but I don't think action movies having throwaway humor in them is anything new or unique to Marvel movies.

I also don't get why formula complaints start being an issue around the time MCU movies begin breaking away from remaking Iron Man but that's a different story.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's made me appreciate the DC movies more given whether you love or hate the DCEU or DC movies in general (Especially The Batman coming out next year) you gotta give it full credit in making most films seem separate and standalone as well as different tones and formulas. Notably, Shazam and The Suicide Squad despite both aiming to be more comedic I felt the tones were rather different.

It's like Marvel is too afraid to change its usual formula in fear of losing its audience and I was right. Eternals apparently tried to be different from the other MCU films, look how that turned out. Lowest-rating MCU film even below Thor: The Dark World, that says a lot. However though because of how successful the MCU is at this point. It can survive a few bombs or underperformance so apparently Eternals won't be a big loss for them and at most just either ignore the film following future films or it continues as a Disney+ series which I felt more like being then a full-feature film.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Flaming/Harassment
Can't imagine jumping from "franchise is oversaturated" to "all Marvel movies are the same" AGAIN

This is why I have Mike on ignore

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think I’ll take 4 of the 5 days I work off on the week of the anniversary of dad’s death…

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's made me appreciate the DC movies more given whether you love or hate the DCEU or DC movies in general (Especially The Batman coming out next year) you gotta give it full credit in making most films seem separate and standalone as well as different tones and formulas. Notably, Shazam and The Suicide Squad despite both aiming to be more comedic I felt the tones were rather different.

It's like Marvel is too afraid to change its usual formula in fear of losing its audience and I was right. Eternals apparently tried to be different from the other MCU films, look how that turned out. Lowest-rating MCU film even below Thor: The Dark World, that says a lot. However though because of how successful the MCU is at this point. It can survive a few bombs or underperformance so apparently Eternals won't be a big loss for them and at most just either ignore the film following future films or it continues as a Disney+ series which I felt more like being then a full-feature film.
So who's excited for Far From Home?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Of the next five DC and Marvel films coming out next year. I'm most excited for The Batman, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and Black Adam.

Curious how Into the Spider-Verse 2 will turn out. Oughta give the first film another rewatch to see if my opinion on it actually changes. I admit there were certain aspects I may have overlooked regarding it why people considers it one of the best Marvel films out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom