• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
This is low even for Disney though. They have the nerve to buy out and shut down Blue Sky Studios yet proceed to keep making sequels of their properties.

This is what I mean when I say Disney is the Roman Empire of cinema. As the Roman Empire expanded, the more land they took.
I mean, they did buy those properties, doesnt it make sense to use them?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ice Age Fans: Were you killed?
Ice Age series: Sadly, yes. BUT I LIVED!

Disney: "We're creatively bankrupt. Time to milk more franchises."

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Today I learned they're still making Ice Age
[]
the most important Disney news today besides Marvel

edit: i really need to remember thread tweets don’t let the important ones be freed
Finally

The Black People re- oh wait, I already made this joke.

Also, Sneakerella??? Tf???

And out next live action remake is...

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Burn it...

Burn it with fire!!!!

None of these bland lifeless live-action remakes can ever compare to the animated classics. The day this comes out, I'm gonna be watching the original 1940 film instead.

It spites me they're remaking my favorite Disney animated film.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This is the most random revival ive ever seen.
in the best of ways
Today I learned they're still making Ice Age

Finally

The Black People re- oh wait, I already made this joke.

Also, Sneakerella??? Tf???

yeah I’m kinda confused on the idea of Cinderella wearing sneakers…but it might work enough

also the fact that every single post has had people demanding Obi-Wan is an oof

Bottom text
Penny Text

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Great two things revealed today that has made me spiteful.

Yet again another Ice Age film and the live-action Pinocchio being the next in line for lifeless live-action Disney remakes...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I saw this was announced, though the only name that was attached was Tom Hanks, which made me confused. (I thought they were having Tom Hanks play Pinocchio) Since certain people are providing voices while others are listed in the "starring" roles, I'm guessing that Tom Hanks is Geppetto, while Benjamin Evan Ainsworth (by virtue of being listed first in the voices section) is Pinocchio. (maybe Joseph Gordon Levitt is Jiminy Cricket?)

The main thing that I'm hoping for from this Disney Plus day is a revival for Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (Nickelodeon brought back Invader Zim and Ubisoft brought back the Scott Pilgrim game, so stranger things have happened), though I honestly doubt we'll get that.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
FINALLY
THEY FINALLY DID SOMETHING WITH THE BEST DISNEY PRINCESS MOVIE

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
No no, this is different.

It’s not just another ice age movie, it’s an ice age movie with the budget of a subway sandwich. It looks, sounds, and most likely will be, total ass.
This is a perfect way of describing this. Lol.

Couldn't have said it better.

Ice Age is an example of a franchise I once beloved and a huge fan of. To see it be degraded to this physically hurts.

At least franchises like HTTYD knew when to finally stop, aside from spin-off series' like The Nine Realms. Which makes me appreciate them more.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Anyway I’ve been waiting for them to do something else with Zootopia for years. But I didn’t want a sequel cuz they don’t have the best track record recently…

These shorts will do :4pacman:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ngl, I think I like the Jungle Book remake as much, if not more than the original
There tends to be exceptions I admit. Notably "belated" sequels like Bad Boys For Life or Blade Runner: 2049. Ghostbusters: Afterlife and Top Gun: Maverick seeming promising so far as well.

More often then not, most tend to suck as in the case with live-action Disney remakes. Still not holding out on my favorite animated Disney film being remade into live-action.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
How is it even possible you could have an Ice Age film next year that looks even lower-budgeted than the first film of 2002 (Which is excusable given CGI wasn't as it is now)?

I can't just wrap my mind around that...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
There tends to be exceptions I admit. Notably "belated" sequels like Bad Boys For Life or Blade Runner: 2049. Ghostbusters: Afterlife and Top Gun: Maverick seeming promising so far as well.

More often then not, most tend to suck as in the case with live-action Disney remakes. Still not holding out on my favorite animated Disney film being remade into live-action.
Blade Runner 2049 was a sequel, not a remake/reboot.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Blade Runner 2049 was a sequel, not a remake/reboot.
I was pointing out at "belated" sequels as an example of how there are exceptions. In the case of the Jungle Book 2016 movie, it seems to be an exception when it comes to live-action Disney remakes.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The first and second Ice Age movies were the best ones.
I can also live with the third movie IMO. I felt it was a nice fitting way to conclude it as Manny has finally gotten a new family that he had wanted after the death of his previous one by the hands of human hunters.

Buck also stole the movie.

After that though...

That said while I can live with Ice Age being a trilogy. At the same time the movie I feel could have easily been standalone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom