• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I guess since we're on the topic, I've gotta say that I've never really had any serious issues with RWBY's writing. I think they've made a few missed opportunities concerning character development, but only a few. Story-wise I can't think of any glaring issues.

Though the fight scenes in the latter half of V5 were pretty bad. Shame since the season had a strong start

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good morning my gamers

I don't care about High Guardian Spice I just wanna grill for ****'s sake

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
not a spoiler, but I really enjoy most of these credit scenes for Phantoms

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
We're just straight up not reading huh

Have a nice life
So what's it like being unable to get any amount of context in anything?
Kind of coming into the middle of this, but it's pretty clear things need to be taken down a notch.

1) That isn't how the industry works
2) That's not how funding works
3) Crunchyroll has been doing that and WOW LOOK, 90% OF THE STUFF OF THE STUFF LISTED AS CR ORIGINALS SUCKS! (Shield Hero, Tower of God, God of High School, In/Spectre, Gibiare, Ex-Arm)
4) When did they lie? Show me where they lied, man.
To be fair, Shield Hero isn't an original, but yeah it's not as good as light novel. I won't ever not recommend the anime, but the pacing and changes they made to some key scenes make me tear my hair out. Hopefully the next season will be better after it was delayed to Spring. I really want to see how they plan on handling Kizuna and greater focus on the series lore. Anyway that's about as far as I'll wear my nerd glasses tonight. lol

I just got back from seeing the third My Hero Academia movie. The visuals, story, and animation were better but I think I like the action of the second movie more. It's going to be hilarious just how much Deku will be taking from Spider-Man going forward. The villain in hindsight was basically reverse Magneto. lol

I wonder if/how they'll do a 4th movie next year considering how the next story arc plays out?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Okay, after watching the HGS clips people posted here I think this show is definitely not for me and kinda cringe

Also what the **** is with that name? That's not a name, that's just words

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
The Pharaoh is wearing Majora's Mask!
9.jpg

After the Pharaoh was defeated, Luigi, Little Mac, and Min Min became the next victims of kidnapping, so now Peach, Steve, and Alex are our only hope!
10.jpg

12.jpg

Peach is a Kind Princess, her war cry is "Peachy!"
Steve is a Stubborn Thief, his war cry is "Rock-solid!"
Alex is a Cool Scientist, her war cry is "Rock-solid!"

osby

Smash Obsessed
Me: Gets up to clean apartment

Puppy: Movement detected. Initiating playtime sequence. Pursuit mode engaged.
Meanwhile, when I try cleaning the house, my cats are like "We have no idea what you're doing but if you move anything by a millimeter, we're going to complain loudly and stare at you like you're committing murder."

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So like, is there a reason why so many Japanese media makes their characters all at high school age, but then try to appeal to adults by adult topics and fanservice and such?

Like, I'm kinda lost on that.
I think a reason why that is is due to the fact that high school is glorified in Japan. That's because Japan's work culture is absolutely insane. People are expected to work way over the typical 8 hour shift and it's even common for workers to fall asleep on the job. The typical shift is 10+ hours, which has caused problems in Japan, notably the fact that they are experiencing a decrease in birth rates because people literally have no time to date and hang out.

When you take all that into account, it makes sense why so many Japanese people in the entertainment industry focus on high school. It's because its a reminder of a better time when they had more free time, when they were young and able to goof off and have fun.

Edit: Didn't realize the second part to your question, sorry I just woke up. I'm not quite sure on that but Japan does have a history of anime that appeals to....odd tastes. Like there's literally anime out there that have strong incest undertones, and of course there is all the anime tropes like the protagonist accidently groping a girl, guys peeking into shower rooms, and a lot of anime have that stereotypical pervy guy like Master Roshi.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Decided to finally use my blender my sister had gotten me for last Christmas or the one before.

Figure I begin it by making a frozen strawberry-banana shake.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
This isn't strictly a Japanese thing either tbh
No, no, I get that, I know American shows skirt around sexualizing teenagers by casting adults that can possibly pass off as High Schoolers under the right makeup (or in the case of Grease, just straight up adults who like 2x the age of a teen), it's just Japanese media is far more prevelant.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Rosalina ever makes an appearance in supposedly this animated movie series of Mario, that's assuming sequels gets made depending how the first movie does. I think Maya Rudolph or Tilda Swinton would be the best choices.

Also Danny Devito for Wario.

Who do you guys think should voice Diddy Kong? And potentially Daisy, Waluigi, Bowser Jr., Dixie, and Funky?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
No, no, I get that, I know American shows skirt around sexualizing teenagers by casting adults that can possibly pass off as High Schoolers under the right makeup (or in the case of Grease, just straight up adults who like 2x the age of a teen), it's just Japanese media is far more prevelant.
I'm not an expert on the subject but there's also the fact that Japanese media for kids usually can get away with far more mature stuff compared to the US, like a lot of shounen anime.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
If Rosalina ever makes an appearance in supposedly this animated movie series of Mario, that's assuming sequels gets made depending how the first movie does. I think Maya Rudolph or Tilda Swinton would be the best choices.

Also Danny Devito for Wario.

Who do you guys think should voice Diddy Kong? And potentially Daisy, Waluigi, Bowser Jr., Dixie, and Funky?
Maya Rudolph is goated, but she should voice Pauline imo. I was thinking David Cross for Wario and Will Arnett for Waluigi. For Daisy I feel Mindy Kaling could do a great job. Nick Kroll Bowser Jr could work, Lindsay Lohan Dixie Kong maybe and Funky Kong should obviously be portrayed by Andy Samberg.

They're gonna cast Tom Holland as Diddy

It just makes too much sense
I saw a suggestion for Josh Gad Diddy Kong. Personally I could see Billy Eichner pulling it off.

osby

Smash Obsessed
In other news, Overwatch 2 got delayed.

Again.
If I didn't know any better, I'd thought the game wasn't ready for showing and they just announced a release date to divert people's attention away from then-current controversies.

Oh, well.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If I didn't know any better, I'd thought the game wasn't ready for showing and they just announced a release date to divert people's attention away from then-current controversies.

Oh, well.
Apparently, that's not the case, but all these delays makes me wonder if they even did anything with the game yet.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Maya Rudolph is goated, but she should voice Pauline imo.
Works for me.

I think between the two that Tilda Swinton would be the best choice for Rosalina anyways. Rosalina seems like the type of character she'd voice anyways as I imagine Rosalina in spite of her beautiful appearance sounding much older than she appears to be (Which would fit since she's at the very least hundreds of years old and seemingly immortal) and being one of those mysterious, wise and knowledgable mentor-type figures like the Ancient One.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I remember that Asher Bishop who's a kid voice actor both voiced Lincoln from Loud House and Doomsday from Teens Titans Go.

(Two characters with same actor, one's a human child and the other being a monstrous beast of invincibility.)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My choices for the voices of potential characters in future Mario movies and Donkey Kong.

Bowser Jr.: Nick Kroll
Daisy: Mindy Kaling
Diddy Kong: Josh Gad
Dixie Kong: Lindsey Lohan
Funky Kong: Andy Samberg
King K. Rool: Benedict Cumberbatch
Pauline: Maya Rudolph
Rosalina: Tilda Swinton
Waluigi: Will Arnett
Wario: Danny Devito

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
My choices for the voices of potential characters in future Mario movies and Donkey Kong.

Bowser Jr.: Nick Kroll
Daisy: Mindy Kaling
Diddy Kong: Josh Gad
Dixie Kong: Lindsey Lohan
Funky Kong: Andy Samberg
King K. Rool: Benedict Cumberbatch
Pauline: Maya Rudolph
Rosalina: Tilda Swinton
Waluigi: Will Arnett
Wario: Danny Devito
I was joking about Lindsay Lohan, I actually meant Amy Poehler. Kristen Schaal can also feature as Toadette obviously. Ben Schwartz returns to the scene as Kiddy Kong

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom