• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Edit: yeah, Kate Leth, apparently just a total ****ing TERF. And
Want to know something funny but sad?

In the show there is a transgender character but when the main character says and I quote "I've never heard of that before", ( even if you were in a fantasy world I'm pretty sure the term transgender exists) they decided to explain it to us like we were five about what being transgender is and what it means and then hit us with the "I used a spell to turn me from a girl to a boy and I have to drink potions once a month to make sure I stay a boy" line making him being able to be a boy instead of a girl all the work of magic

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

In the show there is a transgender character but when the main character says and I quote "I've never heard of that before", they decided to explain it to us like we were five about what being transgender is and what it means and then hit us with the "I used a spell to turn me from a girl to a boy and I have to drink potions once a month to make sure I stay a boy" line

This is intended for an older audience, right? Why does this play out in a “Very Special Episode” kind of way.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

In the show there is a transgender character but when the main character says and I quote "I've never heard of that before", ( even if you were in a fantasy world I'm pretty sure the term transgender exists) they decided to explain it to us like we were five about what being transgender is and what it means and then hit us with the "I used a spell to turn me from a girl to a boy and I have to drink potions once a month to make sure I stay a boy" line making him being able to be a boy instead of a girl all the work of magic

This is intended for an older audience, right? Why does this play out in a “Very Special Episode” kind of way.
You wanna see a fantastic example of trans representation?

This queen right here.

...I still need to watch Ozzie's...

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
From what I've seen from High Guardian Spice, the voice quality on it seems pretty..............yikes.
I remember I said that whoever did that slime boys voice needed to be in some voice acting lessons before being on the show and someone had the nerve to "Slime Boy is nervous and acts that way for a reason. It's not like their queer VA made a "mistake" in that voice acting."

I "like" how fast it goes from him explaining to us what being transgender means straight into the main character talking about her mom and glossing over the lesson he did

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
I will not accept High Guardian Spice slander here.

This show was actually pretty decent.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I will not accept High Guardian Spice slander here.

This show was actually pretty decent.
The show was made with money that was advertised as going to Japan to help actual anime projects get off the ground.

Instead they gave us that, yeah i can dunk on it all i want this show was made from lies lol

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The artsyle is find, true

Its a shame the voice acting and writing is so mediocre
So far, that's what I'm thinking about this show.

It's just mid. Just boring and nothing truly exciting. Shame, because I was lowkey kinda looking forward to it.

I just wish I can tell the actual criticism apart from the chuds raging, but that's a Twitter.com problem.

Double K

Smash Lord
I mean, it's not the show itself we're after, it's the people behind it that personally draws my ire.
One writer on the team. Furthermore, when has having a single ****head on the team made people turn against the work?

Look at all the One Piece stan.

The show was made with money that was advertised as going to Japan to help actual anime projects get off the ground.

Instead they gave us that, yeah i can dunk on it all i want this show was made from lies lol
1) That isn't how the industry works
2) That's not how funding works
3) Crunchyroll has been doing that and WOW LOOK, 90% OF THE STUFF OF THE STUFF LISTED AS CR ORIGINALS SUCKS! (Shield Hero, Tower of God, God of High School, In/Spectre, Gibiare, Ex-Arm)
4) When did they lie? Show me where they lied, man.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

It's just mid. Just boring and nothing truly exciting. Shame, because I was lowkey kinda looking forward to it.

I just wish I can tell the actual criticism apart from the chuds raging, but that's a Twitter.com problem.
Shh, relax and eat your png bread
Screenshot_20211102-231101.png

Double K

Smash Lord

I actually watched the entire show.

Jokes about how rating charts are bad aside, it's a solid 7/10. It's better than RWBY when it debuted, has some moments which actually got some good laughs (Amaryllis talking about her mom in episode 6 or so), generally above average voice acting (Parnell, Amaryllis, Parsley and the two characters voiced by ProZD being the standouts) and most of the flaws just come from being unambitious and 1st season syndrome that a lot of western animation suffers from.

Like, remember Star VS s1? That was dull as hell. Turned out to be an overall, great show.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

No one would honestly be paying attention to it if not for all the blow ups

It'd just fade away into mediocrity otherwise

Kinda like the new He-Man from Kevin Smith. Nothing special at all at best but certainly not as bad as certain folk want you to think. People'll move on when the next Nerd Outrage Bait drops.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You wanna see a fantastic example of trans representation?

This queen right here.

...I still need to watch Ozzie's...
ok so who is who and who and who and what?
Like, remember Star VS s1? That was dull as hell. Turned out to be an overall, great show.
finale aside

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Shh, relax and eat your png bread
View attachment 336570
Wait, why does that actually look good despite being a PNG
I actually watched the entire show.

Jokes about how rating charts are bad aside, it's a solid 7/10. It's better than RWBY when it debuted, has some moments which actually got some good laughs (Amaryllis talking about her mom in episode 6 or so), generally above average voice acting (Parnell, Amaryllis, Parsley and the two characters voiced by ProZD being the standouts) and most of the flaws just come from being unambitious and 1st season syndrome that a lot of western animation suffers from.

I gotta be honest, RWBY never really caught my attention and Star Vs went downhill after they focused on the shipping, so I can't say this really helps.

ProZD getting a role is a W though... least I think.

Double K

Smash Lord
I gotta be honest, RWBY never really caught my attention and Star Vs went downhill after they focused on the shipping, so I can't say this really helps.

ProZD getting a role is a W though... least I think.
RWBY is a show that has its hang ups, but similar to SAO, people tend to make up issues about the writing when there are plenty to begin with. Most of RWBY's bad problems outside is the model quality of the first 3 seasons and a lot of world building stuff is handled in staff interviews, after the 4th season.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord

Very Special Episodes are overhated! I know lots of kids my age and even a little older who got poignant lessons about the world much earlier than we would have otherwise because of those hamfisted lessons on TV.

Double K

Smash Lord
I'd hope a full "professional" production is better than a (at the time) side project made by like 10 people tbh

Like, that's not a good comparison to make for the thing you want to prop up
RWBY had four lead animators. It had an actual production team of about 30 people.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
RWBY had four lead animators. It had an actual production team of about 30 people.
It was putting out 5 minute long episodes outside of the premiere, midseason and finale and they weren't exactly long either

HGS is regular length episodes

The production of the former inherently had far far less put into it than the latter

When's Captain Marvel 2 coming out?
But Kevin Smith's Masters of the Universe part 2 is soon
Or we can wait for Ms Marvel and She-Hulk

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
y’all should check out Inside Job. Great show

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Y'know, someone at my school made a beautifully cursed sketch of Mung, and now I can't look at him without thinking of that drawing. In fact, that reminder actually brightened up my mood. Thank you!
Should have taken a picture of it buddy.

Now i want to see it.

Double K

Smash Lord
I dunno, like, if you want to prop something up just talk about the qualities of it that you enjoyed instead of doing some weird comparison to something else
They are both western web animations with a huge hatebase.

Also, the fact that the production teams were similar size, RWBY being 5 minutes is a bigger indictment against RWBY than HGS. And like

size of a team doesn't prove anything. After all, look at shows like EX-ARM, which is one of the worst looking shows ever made despite having a team of like, 25 cgi professionals and a director with a few movies under his belt, as well as several studios assisting

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
They are both western web animations with a huge hatebase.

Also, the fact that the production teams were similar size, RWBY being 5 minutes is a bigger indictment against RWBY than HGS. And like

size of a team doesn't prove anything. After all, look at shows like EX-ARM, which is one of the worst looking shows ever made despite having a team of like, 25 cgi professionals and a director with a few movies under his belt, as well as several studios assisting
We're just straight up not reading huh

Have a nice life

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm gonna hold off on judgement for High Guardian Spice because looking at it, the vocal crowds are bigoted weebs who probably agree with Stonetoss and/or "I love progressiveness" white weebs who are actually just bigoted but with rainbows attatched.
From what I've seen the show is just aggressively mediocre and people are complaining about the representation because apparently it can only be handled in some immaculate, perfect way to be acceptable.

It's the same **** as when people said Korrasami in The Legend of Korra was forced when they'd been hinting that **** 2 seasons back. Representation is never good enough I guess.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
****ing hell that season finale of Stargirl was awesome. Can’t wait for season 3…tho I wish I didn’t have to wait until next year for more of that goodness

that and Superman & Lois being gone until next year is a pain that’ll only be made up for in Young Justice unless this next arc kills Artemis…please don’t kill her in either this or Stargirl…I need this girl to have a happy enough life

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom