• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Isn't Lion King 2 and Aladdin 2 kinda "okay" as far as Direct to DVDVHS sequels go?

I know both have Disney villain songs that people seem to enjoy.
God

I had to correct myself by saying VHS

A good chunk of people in this thread probably have never even held a VHS before.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Aladdin's and Lion King's Sequels I will defend those are alright.

Lilo and Stitches are also okay as long as you realize they tie-into the show. Nothing can top the original though.

A good chunk of people in this thread probably have never even held a VHS before.
I still have the Aladdin sequel VHS tapes in my garage I recently found them lol

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Tsk, tsk.

No talk about Hunchback 2 eh? Definitely the worst of the straight-to-DVD Disney sequels.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Tsk, tsk.

No talk about Hunchback 2 eh? Definitely the worst of the straight-to-DVD Disney sequels.
I'm pretty sure I blocked that and Peter Pan 2 out of my mind.

both are bad but Hunchback II is especially garbage. But it didn't really make me mad like Mulan II did.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm pretty sure I blocked that and Peter Pan 2 out of my mind.

both are bad but Hunchback II is especially garbage. But it didn't really make me mad like Mulan II did.
The animation alone took a massive dip in quality, looks like some kids coloring book and the villain. From a judicial minister that attempted to commit genocide lusting over a gypsy girl, we went to some circus leader that wanted to steal the largest bell of Notre Dame.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Are these Disney sequels a giant bit that I don’t understand cause I’m new to the thread or are there just tons of obscure sequels made for Disney classics that are unknown I’m guessing cause they were region exclusive or Direct to DVD/VHS or something?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Are these Disney sequels a giant bit that I don’t understand cause I’m new to the thread or are there just tons of obscure sequels made for Disney classics that are unknown I’m guessing cause they were region exclusive or Direct to DVD/VHS or something?
He doesn't know

Disney made a TON of Direct-to DV......VHS sequels back in the day.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Then there's Pocahontas II.

Only made because historians or something complained about the first film being inaccurate because yes all historic films tends to be all accurate indeed...

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Disney in like the late 90's and early 2000's for some reason made a bunch of Direct to video sequels that were not very good but they just kept making them up to a point.

So wait Ralph 2 isn't y'alls most hated sequel?

Not even meming, it has a pretty strong case
Ralph 2 is my second least favorite theatrical sequel.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Bro back in the 2000s Disney made a **** ton of direct to home video sequels to their most famous movies.

They’re infamous because a lot of them were crap.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Are these Disney sequels a giant bit that I don’t understand cause I’m new to the thread or are there just tons of obscure sequels made for Disney classics that are unknown I’m guessing cause they were region exclusive or Direct to DVD or something?
Judging by your age, you were pretty young around the time they started dying out, but back before all the live action remake crap, Disney put out a ton of direct to video sequels to their animated films of varying quality.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Sora as a car seems intriguing... what kind of car would he, Donald, and Goofy become?

Actually no idea why I'm thinking this now, but imagine Kingdom Hearts going to a Inside Out realm... since one of the mains settings of the film is the mind, what would happen if it became subject to the Heartless?
Goofy would probably become a tow truck like Mater.

Donald would be like...

A really tiny electric car.

Inside Out would be fantastic for a world!

I think the Nightmares from DDD would work better, given it would primarily take place in the mind.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Like I hate Cars 2 because it's just plain annoying. Ralph 2 legitimately angers me.

I recently re-watched cars 2 so that one is fresh in my head so that is why I hate it more but I'm getting close to re-watching ralph 2 so uh.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Disney made a TON of Direct-to DV......VHS sequels back in the day.
Disney in like the late 90's and early 2000's for some reason made a bunch of Direct to video sequels that were not very good but they just kept making them up to a point.
Huh, that is not something I expected to hear, especially given how ingrained the originals are in Pop Culture.

I assume these aren’t on Disney Plus. Shame, regardless of how bad they seem to be given the topic, I’d kill for more Robin Williams Genie.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Your honor

Treasure Planet's a good movie

That's all.
The story behind it is super interesting, too.

Huh, that is not something I expected to hear, especially given how ingrained the originals are in Pop Culture.

I assume these aren’t on Disney Plus. Shame, regardless of how bad they seem to be given the topic, I’d kill for more Robin Williams Genie.
oh they’re absolutely on Disney+

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Technically speaking, only a handful of the animated classics follow-ups we're done by
Disney Animation Studios proper.

From the top of my head, those would be The Three Caballeros, The Rescuers Down Under, Fantasia 2000, Winnie the Pooh (2011), Ralph Breaks the Internet, and Frozen 2

all the others were done by a different division, which may explain their consistent quality, or lack thereof.

no excuse for Ralph 2 though lol

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

Unsurprisingly, Robin Williams didn't reprise his role for the sequels.

They're Direct to VSH, they didn't get the big name celebs back lol.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Your honor

Treasure Planet's a good movie

That's all.
It really is tho. John Silver is an easy top 10 Disney Villain, no questions asked

To keep it topical. They did somewhat make a sequel in the form of a video game that you can still buy to this day

Speaking of Underrated Disney movies. Meet The Robinsons, that is another good movie.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Pinocchio remains as my favorite Disney film. Has since I was young and will continue to be. It's a masterpiece.

Amongst my other favorite Disney films is The Lion King, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Mulan, and Tarzan.

Really want to watch Brother Bear being a sucker for prehistoric and indigenous culture.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
They might be, but only the third movie had Robin Williams Genie. Return of Jafar had Homer Simpson’s VA take over

Noipoi

Howdy!
Unsurprisingly, Robin Williams didn't reprise his role for the sequels.

They're Direct to VSH, they didn't get the big name celebs back lol.
He actually was back in the third one. And they made a big ass deal about it.

He wasn’t in the second one because he was pissed at Disney. He didn’t want the genie to be the main marketing gimmick, selling all the toys and whatever. Of course that’s exactly what Disney did.

They made up in time for the third film.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom