• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Is Smash even in China?

Because I'm pretty sure it's banned or gonna be banned there
I don’t believe it’s out officially there yet, but I’m sure Nintendo was trying. Unofficially, I believe a lot of people take advantage of no region Lock there to buy switch games not officially out.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I don’t believe it’s out officially there yet, but I’m sure Nintendo was trying. Unofficially, I believe a lot of people take advantage of no region Lock there to buy switch games not officially out.
Well that's just common sense i feel. lol
If the game can run on your console, is in your language but never came out in your region you should import it.

Reactions: Z25

osby

Smash Obsessed

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
China is a place I’d probably never go to consensually

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Bentley is the turtle and Muggshot is the bulldog.
Ah. Well, the difference is that Mugshot isn't a dead old fascist.

----

Also, as a Jewish person, I want to briefly touch on Sugiyama's views on a certain something that I don't feel gets as much attention-
Dude was a holocaust denier. As someone who never knew their grandmother because she committed suicide due to PTSD from her experiences in the holocaust, I can't say I feel a tiny bit of sympathy regarding his death.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
So, lately I've been rewatching some Studio Ghibli films. Decided to dub over one of the characters from Kiki's Delivery Service, since I need some ADR practice.
Hello, casual Ghibli fan and huge Kiki's Delivery Service fan here:

This is fantastic. Bravo, sir! Bravo!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Okay, i saw other people on the site doing it so i think i should write down my thoughts on the DLC as a whole as well.

Overall season 1 appealed to my tastes more than season 2, but season 2 had my most wanted and fixed Final fantasy's lack of content so on the whole it balances out.

Pirahna Plant exists

Joker: I was in a big Persona kick when he was announced, Persona 5 was my game of the year when it came out, so seeing him join smash was one of the most sureal experiences ive ever had, i didnt even consider him an option for the game, but having him in made me so happy even when i never saw it coming.
Mementos is a great stage in it's simplicity, feels like it fits right at home with Smash 64's stages, and while the music list isnt as big as other third parties, we got the essential tracks there. Which is fine and on top of that my girl Makoto is on the stage, all of Jokers buddies were, it's awesome for a fan of the game.
My main, not because i'm good as him but because i love his home game so much.

Hero: Dragon Quest is a series i really like, i wouldnt call myself a diehard fan by any stretch but i enjoy the games a lot, I wasnt expecting the music to be anything special so the representation overall for DQ was great, appreciate the addition of the other heroes and i'm glad they put in DQ8's hero, the only piece of Level 5 content in the game sadly but hey Dragon Quest 8 is one of my favorite Level 5 developed games so i can't really complain.

Banjo: I dont have as much of a connection as others do with the Banjo games considering i only really played them when i was really little so i dont remember them as well as i should, but his addition was made with so much love and care for the original games that you cant help but like it. And those remixes, man they really wanted to celebrate Banjo's return to Nintendo.

Terry: As a Latino male it is my birthright to like SNK's games, sure i enjoyed Metal Slug a lot more than their fighters but Terry being in is pretty awesome, you can clearly tell that Sakurai loves SNK just as much as people who grew up in my neck of the woods. Even including Metal Slug tracks, that brings a smile to my face, the only thing missing really is a Marco mii gunner outfit, but you cant win them all lol
Terry himself is a really fun character to use, one of my mains to be honest.

Byleth: An underwhelming end to the pas, but i like three houses, nice selection of spirits, nice music choices and probably my favorite stage in the DLC selection, i play on it a lot. Byleth herself is fun but i can feel the oversaturation of Fire Emblem with her lol

MinMin:

Steve: Now Minecraft isnt a game i really put a lot of time into, just played it a couple times in highschool on my dads PC and never touched it again, i only really watched other people playing it like Peanut Butter Gamer lol
But it's such a cool sight to see him in the game, i mainly use Enderman because it's funny, everything about his inclusion is funny to me lol

Sephiroth: My guy, this one made me hyped, Final fantasy had such little content that seeing them actually go back and fix the issue, it does bring a smile to my face, seeing spirits for Tifa and the gang, beautiful, the remixes are great and now FF has TWO stages to work with, they really gave Final fantasy 7 the reverance it deserves and i'm all there for it.

Pyra/Mythra: When these two sisters were announced i didnt think much of them, i knew of them because of certain... Fan art, and because my brother is a big fan, so i'm glad fans of them got what they needed, i gave their game a chance, gameplays no really for me, but in smash Mythra is insanely fun to use and the closest ive ever gotten to elite smash. Cool stage, catchy music and giving newer Nintendo some well needed representation, all in all good.

Kazuya: I'm not a Tekken guy, at all. I dont think about the series at all nor am i interested in playing as him, that said i can understand why it's popular and Kazuya himself is a fun character to play as. no real complaints here.

Sora:What can i say? It's ****ing Sora, my most wanted, ive already said everything there needs to be said in other posts. I'm so hyped to play him, i'm so hyped to play with his stage, i'm so hyped for his series inclusion.

(Now that Sora is in the game i wish we would have gotten the Kingdom hearts version of One winged Angel but i guess you cant win them all)
You can tell they really wanted to play One-Winged Angel when Sora fought Sephiroth in his trailer, but they just couldn't do it for some reason so they left it silent lmao

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh also, my friend did a six minute video on alternative fighting games, and he brought me on to talk about Smash. So here's that, if ya wanna see it!

I should also mention "The Cat Returns" is one of the greatest movies of all time, and "Spirited Away" is legit a work of art. :nifty:
Agreeed. My favorites are honestly Kiki's Delivery Service, Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind, Princess Monoke, and When Marnie Was There, which I actually finished rewatching this morning.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Look it’s Crash:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Watched the concluding episode of Marvel Studios' What If.....?

With the episode reaching towards its climax and with the Watcher in such a heckle, he must summon his best warriors from the multiverse to take on Infinite Ultron that consist of Captain Carter, Star-Lord T'Challa, Supreme Dr. Strange, Erik Kilmonger, Gamora, Party Thor and Black Widow. I had a feeling that Kilmonger was going to end up betraying the team in the end. Other than that, everyone returned to their original timelines.

I'm eager to see what will be in store for the future of What If.....? as a second season is in the works.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh yeah, rating DLC? Sure!

:ultpiranha:

You can't tell me this wasn't hilarious. This was hilarious. It was absolutely perfect and I to this day am a proud member of Plant Gang.

10/10

:ultjoker:

I'm not really much of a Persona guy much anymore, but the music slaps, he's amazingly fun to play, and I adore Mementos as a stage. A fantastic addition!

7/10

:ulthero:

HE'S SO GOOD, Y'ALL. HE'S SO MUCH FUN. He's the dumbest character in all the best ways, and some of the most fun I've ever had playing Smash was just top-decking whatever funny spell came up.

Also, DQ is a dope series.

10/10

:ultbanjokazooie:

I am a weeb, but I am also a 3D platformer enjoyer. I still need to play these games (I'm waiting for NSO at this point), but I remember loving Nuts and Bolts back in the day (pls don't hurt me Noipoi Noipoi Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! and other Banjo fans), so heck yeah they're cool. I'd probably main them if I didn't already play a bunch of other characters.

...That said, if I could have picked any Scrimblo I wanted, I really wanted Spyro, soooooooo 8/10.

:ult_terry:

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh here's the thing: I was whelmed by Terry since he came out, lol. I just...Don't really care about SNK, personally? It just doesn't really vibe with me, IDK.

That said, he's full of personality and Kazuya has opened my mind to the possibility of FGC characters being fun picks, so I'm more neutral towards Terry now.

5/10

:ultbyleth:

MY BOY.

THREE HOUSES ROCKS.

I LOVE THEIR KIT.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT OVERSATURATION, HECK, I'D TAKE EVEN MORE FE STUFF

11/10

:ultminmin

Min Min for the win win, y'all

Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku is also one of culture and would agree

11/10

:ultsteve:

Infinity/10 I WANTED THEM SO BAD AND I GAVE UP HOPE IN THE FINAL HOUR.

BUT HE'S HERE, AND IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN I COULD HAVE HOPED. I LOVE HIM SO MUUUUUUUUUCH.

:ultsephiroth:

Totally took me by surprise, and came soon after I played the OG game for the first time and cemented it as one of my most favorite games ever. He's by far the most fun swordie (pre-Sora, lol).

10/10

:ultkazuya:

Was whelmed by the reveal but maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan Tekken music slaps hard and he's one of the most fun to play as characters ever. He has so much stupid jank, he's like a more fun version of Little Mac to me. 8/10 for sure.

:ultsora:

Do I even need to say it?

Y'all, I wanted him since Brawl. I never believed it would actually happen, it was always pie in the sky, the ultimate dream.

BUT NOW HE'S HERE AND IF I'M NOT CAREFUL I'LL START CRYING AGAIN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This dude, along with Mario and Luigi, is a huge reason why I love video games and enjoy playing them. The inclusion means so much to me, I honestly could only ever give it this rating:

Thank you Sakurai/10.

Probably the best reveal, and I doubt Nintendo will ever announce something that cool for the rest of my life. This is was insane, and I still can't process that it's real. Even when I play him soon I don't think it'll feel real.

so yeah

i'd say dlc was p neat lol

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh yeah, rating DLC? Sure!

You can't tell me this wasn't hilarious. This was hilarious. It was absolutely perfect and I to this day am a proud member of Plant Gang.

10/10

I'm not really much of a Persona guy much anymore, but the music slaps, he's amazingly fun to play, and I adore Mementos as a stage. A fantastic addition!

7/10

HE'S SO GOOD, Y'ALL. HE'S SO MUCH FUN. He's the dumbest character in all the best ways, and some of the most fun I've ever had playing Smash was just top-decking whatever funny spell came up.

Also, DQ is a dope series.

10/10

I am a weeb, but I am also a 3D platformer enjoyer. I still need to play these games (I'm waiting for NSO at this point), but I remember loving Nuts and Bolts back in the day (pls don't hurt me Noipoi Noipoi Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! and other Banjo fans), so heck yeah they're cool. I'd probably main them if I didn't already play a bunch of other characters.

...That said, if I could have picked any Scrimblo, I wanted I really wanted Spyro, soooooooo 8/10.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh here's the thing: I was whelmed by Terry since he came out, lol. I just...Don't really care about SNK, personally? It just doesn't really vibe with me, IDK.

That said, he's full of personality and Kazuya has opened my mind to the possibility of FGC characters being fun picks, so I'm more neutral towards Terry now.

5/10

MY BOY.

THREE HOUSES ROCKS.

I LOVE THEIR KIT.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT OVERSATURATION, HECK, I'D TAKE EVEN MORE FE STUFF

11/10

Min Min for the win win, y'all

Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku is also one of culture and would agree

11/10

Infinity/10 I WANTED THEM SO BAD AND I GAVE UP HOPE IN THE FINAL HOUR.

BUT HE'S HERE, AND IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN I COULD HAVE HOPED. I LOVE HIM SO MUUUUUUUUUCH.

Totally took me by surprise, and came soon after I played the OG game for the first time and cemented it as one of my most favorite games ever. He's by far the most fun swordie (pre-Sora, lol).

10/10

Was whelmed by the reveal but maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan Tekken music slaps hard and he's one of the most fun to play as characters ever. He has so much stupid jank, he's like a more fun version of Little Mac to me. 8/10 for sure.

Do I even need to say it?

Y'all, I wanted him since Brawl. I never believed it would actually happen, it was always pie in the sky, the ultimate dream.

BUT NOW HE'S HERE AND IF I'M NOT CAREFUL I'LL START CRYING AGAIN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This dude, along with Mario and Luigi, is a huge reason why I love video games and enjoy playing them. The inclusion means so much to me, I honestly could only ever give it this rating:

Thank you Sakurai/10.

Probably the best reveal, and I doubt Nintendo will ever announce something that cool for the rest of my life. This is was insane, and I still can't process that it's real. Even when I play him soon I don't think it'll feel real.

so yeah

i'd say dlc was p neat lol
Man I ain’t gonna hurt you for liking Nuts & Bolts.

Cuz I’ve never played it :drshrug:

I hear it’s alright, though not the Banjo game that was needed at the time.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Watched the concluding episode of Marvel Studios' What If.....?

With the episode reaching towards its climax and with the Watcher in such a heckle, he must summon his best warriors from the multiverse to take on Infinite Ultron that consist of Captain Carter, Star-Lord T'Challa, Supreme Dr. Strange, Erik Kilmonger, Gamora, Party Thor and Black Widow. I had a feeling that Kilmonger was going to end up betraying the team in the end. Other than that, everyone returned to their original timelines.

I'm eager to see what will be in store for the future of What If.....? as a second season is in the works.
except for Natasha of course…who joined the world of “dead Avengers minus Cap” universe since she was not going back to her hellhole

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wait. Does this take place after the end of z?
Super takes place after Kidd Buu was defeated, but before the last parts of Z

and in the manga they touched up on Uub a bit

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright here’s my dlc opinions they’re objectively correct because I’m the basedest man in the world

Peak comedy I don’t even give a ****

7/10

I’m not a persona guy, but this was some cool **** dude. He’s definitely not a character for me, he doesn’t really mesh with my playstyle, but as an inclusion this is top tier bro. A great start to the dlc.

7/10

I love playing this guy, but I can never play him optimally because my smooth brain just cannot wrap my head around all the spells. He’s cool though, don’t get me wrong.

8/10

**** YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

I don’t even care dude, call me a boomer even though I’m 19. Call me a Scrimblo or whatever. Banjo and Kazoooe are my favorite dlc characters of them all. I love how they look, I love they play, I love the stage, I love the music, I love that amazing trailer that had me screaming my lungs out. I love Banjo-Kazooie.

100/10

I barely knew who this guy was, but he’s pretty cool ngl. Are you okay?

7/10

…Yeah, no thanks. This is the only character out of everyone they’ve revealed for ultimate that I don’t like. Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, ****in Seteth would’ve been better choices than this doofy lookin protagonist who has less personality than a hunk of brick…but the moveset’s alright.

If you like this then awesome! But it’s not for me.

1.5/10

Min Min’s a cool character with a moveset I can’t comprehend!

5/10

This is ****in comedy. Alright? This right here, is ****in COMEDY. Minecraft is great. Great to see Steve show up. Good ****.

9/10

Badass trailer. Badass moveset. Badass.

8/10

:ultpyra:

Was’t big on her at first, but Pyra’s moveset grew on me. Not a huge fan of Mythra’s though. I suppose it’s appropriate tho cuz Pyra is the superior character. Anyway, they’re pretty rad.

6/10

Kazuya’s pretty cool. I do not have much to say aside from that.

6/10

Alright. Look.

I did not grow up playing Kingdom Hearts. But as a kid in the mid 2000s who loved cartoons, especially Disney, I enjoyed a lot of kingdom hearts content. I watched let’s plays, fanart, fanfictions, I was never downright obsessed with it. But I grew a fondness for these characters and this world. Or uh…worlds. And I always told myself that one day I’d get around to playing them for myself.

Sora in smash was never a legitimate prospect to me. I’d love to see it, but I always figured Disney would never let it happen. So I focused on other characters. He never even crossed my most wanted list, even though I did want him, just because I figured it would never ever happen. So it wasn’t worth thinking about. I’d seen the leaks, and wrote them off as 4chan being 4chan. I saw him trending on Twitter, and was dreading/anticipating the oncoming meltdown when it was Mr. Rime.

And then Mario threw the keyblade.

I didn’t start bawling like my buddy MooMew64 MooMew64 did, but I was filled with this sense of…childlike joy. I was suddenly reminded of all the time I used to spend enjoying KH content as a kid, even if I never got to play the actual games. Not to mention that final shot with Sora and Mario shaking hands in front of the absolutely incredible roster this game has accumulated? Yeah, that’s ****ing epic. And now that they’re coming to the Switch? You bet your ass I’m finally gonna play Kingdom Hearts.

11/10

So uh yeah I think the dlc is amazing. Good **** Sakurai and crew.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom