• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh yeah, and can I just once again compliment Sakurai and co. on animating Sora? He looks straight up lifted out of KH1. Playing as him looks like it'll just be playing 2D Kingdom Hearts, and that's impressive when KH is a deceptively really deep combat system when you get into the full scope of what it offers.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh yeah, rating DLC? Sure!

:ultpiranha:

You can't tell me this wasn't hilarious. This was hilarious. It was absolutely perfect and I to this day am a proud member of Plant Gang.

10/10

:ultjoker:

I'm not really much of a Persona guy much anymore, but the music slaps, he's amazingly fun to play, and I adore Mementos as a stage. A fantastic addition!

7/10

:ulthero:

HE'S SO GOOD, Y'ALL. HE'S SO MUCH FUN. He's the dumbest character in all the best ways, and some of the most fun I've ever had playing Smash was just top-decking whatever funny spell came up.

Also, DQ is a dope series.

10/10

:ultbanjokazooie:

I am a weeb, but I am also a 3D platformer enjoyer. I still need to play these games (I'm waiting for NSO at this point), but I remember loving Nuts and Bolts back in the day (pls don't hurt me Noipoi Noipoi Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! and other Banjo fans), so heck yeah they're cool. I'd probably main them if I didn't already play a bunch of other characters.

...That said, if I could have picked any Scrimblo I wanted, I really wanted Spyro, soooooooo 8/10.

:ult_terry:

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh here's the thing: I was whelmed by Terry since he came out, lol. I just...Don't really care about SNK, personally? It just doesn't really vibe with me, IDK.

That said, he's full of personality and Kazuya has opened my mind to the possibility of FGC characters being fun picks, so I'm more neutral towards Terry now.

5/10

:ultbyleth:

MY BOY.

THREE HOUSES ROCKS.

I LOVE THEIR KIT.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT OVERSATURATION, HECK, I'D TAKE EVEN MORE FE STUFF

11/10

:ultminmin

Min Min for the win win, y'all

Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku is also one of culture and would agree

11/10

:ultsteve:

Infinity/10 I WANTED THEM SO BAD AND I GAVE UP HOPE IN THE FINAL HOUR.

BUT HE'S HERE, AND IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN I COULD HAVE HOPED. I LOVE HIM SO MUUUUUUUUUCH.

:ultsephiroth:

Totally took me by surprise, and came soon after I played the OG game for the first time and cemented it as one of my most favorite games ever. He's by far the most fun swordie (pre-Sora, lol).

10/10

:ultkazuya:

Was whelmed by the reveal but maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan Tekken music slaps hard and he's one of the most fun to play as characters ever. He has so much stupid jank, he's like a more fun version of Little Mac to me. 8/10 for sure.

:ultsora:

Do I even need to say it?

Y'all, I wanted him since Brawl. I never believed it would actually happen, it was always pie in the sky, the ultimate dream.

BUT NOW HE'S HERE AND IF I'M NOT CAREFUL I'LL START CRYING AGAIN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This dude, along with Mario and Luigi, is a huge reason why I love video games and enjoy playing them. The inclusion means so much to me, I honestly could only ever give it this rating:

Thank you Sakurai/10.

Probably the best reveal, and I doubt Nintendo will ever announce something that cool for the rest of my life. This is was insane, and I still can't process that it's real. Even when I play him soon I don't think it'll feel real.

so yeah

i'd say dlc was p neat lol
Haven’t played Nuts And Bolts, so I can’t hate ya for playin it, haha. Honestly, if you get enjoyment out of it, then hey, good on you.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I just beat the Emerald Weapon in FFVII. Still got Ruby, but now I can trade in for some master materias.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I initially had this company in mind for a more traditional fighting game, but honestly I think if there’s another company who’s properties could lend themselves to an interesting nostalgic crossover platform fighter similar to NASB, it’d be Hasbro. Even made a roster for an idea like this on Discord

Action Man
-Action Man

Candyland
-Lord Licorice

Clue
-Colonel Mustard

G.I Joe
-Duke
-Snake Eyes
-Cobra Commander
-Baroness

Jem and the Holograms
-Jem

M.A.S.K.
-Matt Trakker

Magic: The Gathering
-Karn
-Liliana Vess

Monopoly
-Uncle Pennybags

My Little Pony
-Twilight Sparkle
-Pinkie Pie
-Discord
-Queen Chrysalis

Operation
-Cavity Sam

Potato Head
-Mr. Potato Head/Mrs. Potato Head

Stretch Armstrong
-Stretch Armstrong

Transformers
-Optimus Prime
-Bumblebee
-Megatron
-Soundwave

Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light
-Merklynn

Might think of stage ideas too
Gonna tag MooMew64 MooMew64 nere because

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Rating DLC?

ULTIMATE (10): :ultminmin:ultsteve::ultsora:
SMASHING (9-8): :ultbyleth::ultpyra::ult_terry::ultjoker::ultkazuya:
GOOD (7-6)::ulthero::ultpiranha: :ultsephiroth:
MEH (5-4)::ultbanjokazooie:

Averaging it all out, I'll give the DLC a SMASHING rating. Extremely solid lineup here, and honestly much prefer it over what base game brought us
Oh yeah, congrats on getting Sora dude! I totally forgot that you were into Kingdom Hearts.

You ended up eating damn good with the DLC choices lol.

Blackhearts

Smash Cadet
I've been having a bit of a winning streak in Melty Blood, after digging much further into this all day yesterday. However, it's only a matter of time before that ends. This definitely caters to new players in contrast to the old MB games. There shouldn't be much of a trouble for those who prefer much more mechanic and execution leniency.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I got rejected for a promotion for the second time. Military is calling my name more and more by the day.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Seeing as y’all are doing it, here’s my trash thoughts on the DLC.

Piranha Plant

10/10

I wasn’t a big Persona 5 guy, but Joker’s inclusion got me to watch a play through, and dang, it’s pretty sick! Got a lot more appreciation for this fellas inclusion now. Plus, so much care was put into Joker’s moveset, his stage, and all these tiny little details that they didn’t need to add.

9/10

I know nothing about Dragon Quest, but I did play DQ11’s demo, and it was quite fun! Honestly, Hero is just an agent of chaos and I love it.

8/10

Banjo’s inclusion got me to emulate Banjo-Kazooie, cause I was an idiot and forgot that the Xbox Gamepass was a thing that existed! Honestly, I really like this character, and I think that his inclusion is freaking sick. Though I do wish I could play him a tad better, haha.

10/10

Know nothin’ about em’, and I’ve barely played em’, but out of what I have played, he’s real fun! I love the KoF Stadium, too, and all the music he brings with him.

7/10

Eh? Not a bad pick, just not my thing. Kinda would’ve proffered someone that wasn’t an FE character, and his moveset doesn’t really click with me. On the plus side, though, the Garegg Mach Monestary is an awesome stage, and I love the music!

4/10

I played ARMS, and I didn’t really like it honestly. Plus, this just feels like a bit of an underwhelming pick seeing how ARMS’ time in the spotlight was far past over by the time Min Min dropped. Or maybe that’s just me. Love her design, though!

4/10

I grew up with Minecraft, and it is one of my FAVORITE games. Having Steve in Smash made me lose my mind. He’s so fun to play, and has all these little details they didn’t need to add that make him that much better. And I’m repeating myself here, but Minecraft World is a great stage, and I love the music.

9999999/10

I know nothing about him, but yo, he’s a cool dude, and fun to play! Plus we finally got more FF7 representation.

8/10

:ultpyra:

I bought Xenoblade 2, and it didn’t really click with me. But I LOVE the story. Pyra and Mythra are great as characters and as fighters. They’re super fun to play, so yeah, I’m happy to have em’ here!

8/10

Pretty cool dude! I just don’t have much to say.

6/10

I know very little about KH, but Sora is an AMAZING inclusion, and something about him bein‘ in the game just makes me really happy even if I know very little about this series. I really should play KH now, but the complicated lore makes me a bit nervous to, haha.

10/10

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Final DLC character ratings? Sure...
:ultpiranha:-7/10 welp....didn't see that coming
:ultjoker:-7/10 neat surprise
:ulthero3:-7/10 turned out better than I would've expected
:ultbanjokazooie:-8/10 BOUT FRIKKIN TIME!!
:ult_terry:-5/10 Not my first choice, not a fan of the shotos either
:ultbylethf:-2/10 ._. ok
:ultminmin-9/10 Arms is a fun game and my main made it to Smash for the win win!
:ultsteve:-3/10 I get it, but didn't really care
:ultsephiroth:-10/10 Not Tifa but I'll take it!
:ultpyra:-9/10 Not Elma but I'll take it!
:ultmythra:-5/10 Cool to have a Tekken fighter but otherwise don't care
Sora-9/10 Never played a Kingdom Hearts game in my life, but damn am I excited to play him

Noipoi

Howdy!
Seeing as y’all are doing it, here’s my trash thoughts on the DLC.

Piranha Plant

10/10

I wasn’t a big Persona 5 guy, but Joker’s inclusion got me to watch a play through, and dang, it’s pretty sick! Got a lot more appreciation for this fellas inclusion now. Plus, so much care was put into Joker’s moveset, his stage, and all these tiny little details that they didn’t need to add.

9/10

I know nothing about Dragon Quest, but I did play DQ11’s demo, and it was quite fun! Honestly, Hero is just an agent of chaos and I love it.

8/10

Banjo’s inclusion got me to emulate Banjo-Kazooie, cause I was an idiot and forgot that the Xbox Gamepass was a thing that existed! Honestly, I really like this character, and I think that his inclusion is freaking sick. Though I do wish I could play him a tad better, haha.

10/10

Know nothin’ about em’, and I’ve barely played em’, but out of what I have played, he’s real fun! I love the KoF Stadium, too, and all the music he brings with him.

7/10

Eh? Not a bad pick, just not my thing. Kinda would’ve proffered someone that wasn’t an FE character, and his moveset doesn’t really click with me. On the plus side, though, the Garegg Mach Monestary is an awesome stage, and I love the music!

4/10

I played ARMS, and I didn’t really like it honestly. Plus, this just feels like a bit of an underwhelming pick seeing how ARMS’ time in the spotlight was far past over by the time Min Min dropped. Or maybe that’s just me. Love her design, though!

4/10

I grew up with Minecraft, and it is one of my FAVORITE games. Having Steve in Smash made me lose my mind. He’s so fun to play, and has all these little details they didn’t need to add that make him that much better. And I’m repeating myself here, but Minecraft World is a great stage, and I love the music.

9999999/10

I know nothing about him, but yo, he’s a cool dude, and fun to play! Plus we finally got more FF7 representation.

8/10

:ultpyra:

I bought Xenoblade 2, and it didn’t really click with me. But I LOVE the story. Pyra and Mythra are great as characters and as fighters. They’re super fun to play, so yeah, I’m happy to have em’ here!

8/10

Pretty cool dude! I just don’t have much to say.

6/10

I know very little about KH, but Sora is an AMAZING inclusion, and something about him bein‘ in the game just makes me really happy even if I know very little about this series. I really should play KH now, but the complicated lore makes me a bit nervous to, haha.

10/10
If your thoughts are trash then I’m a raccoon

Shroob

Sup?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also damn I just realized Sora’s release date hits home personally.
The 18th would have been my older brothers 30th birthday, may he rest in piece. But he was a massive Kingdom Hearts fan, and had as much of a desire to See Sora as many others. He’s also the reason I got into the franchise since he had the first two back in the day.

I hope the reveal bought a smile to him looking down.

I’ll be looking forward though to enjoying Sora even more now.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So spent the night playing Detroit: Become Human and a few thoughts.

1. The Hostage Negotiation is one of the best openings in a game IMO.

2. The game is so at it's best when it's Connor's route. Bryan Dechart and Clancy Brown's chemistry is so well done, has the best music of the three routes, best action and writing. On it's own is the one reason why people should play it. And of course:

1633648005377.png

3. The other two? Not so much. Kara has a pretty boring and slow route, while Markus goes up and down.

Easily the best Quantic Dream game.

==================================================================================

Smash DLC since everyone is doing it.

1. Pyra/Mythra
2. Sora
3. Joker
4. Kazuya
5. Byleth
6. Min-Min.
7. Sephiroth
8. Banjo-Kazooie
9. Steve
10. Terry
11. Hero

All in all, one of the best DLC of all time. While I wished some had a bit more content from other games (Joker, Sora) but it's still amazing.

Shroob

Sup?
Shroob Shroob

Random question I know, but remind me if you can:

Samus Hunter is a bogus "insider", right? They came up in a conversation I was having with my brother today and I couldn't quite remember if their exact situation.
Yeah, bogus. A rule of thumb is that any insider that needs to pin a tweet to show "This is aaaaaaaaaaall I got right!" isn't a real insider.

That, and there's also tons of allegations of them stealing their info from others.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Yeah, bogus. A rule of thumb is that any insider that needs to pin a tweet to show "This is aaaaaaaaaaall I got right!" isn't a real insider.

That, and there's also tons of allegations of them stealing their info from others.
Cool, just wanted to make sure. My brother was talking about how they supposedly "leaked" stuff from the AC Direct, and I remember that name being fishy. Thanks for reminding me!

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Anyone wanna throw me a bone here?

I initially had this company in mind for a more traditional fighting game, but honestly I think if there’s another company who’s properties could lend themselves to an interesting nostalgic crossover platform fighter similar to NASB, it’d be Hasbro. Even made a roster for an idea like this on Discord

Action Man
-Action Man

Candyland
-Lord Licorice

Clue
-Colonel Mustard

G.I Joe
-Duke
-Snake Eyes
-Cobra Commander
-Baroness

Jem and the Holograms
-Jem

M.A.S.K.
-Matt Trakker

Magic: The Gathering
-Karn
-Liliana Vess

Monopoly
-Uncle Pennybags

My Little Pony
-Twilight Sparkle
-Pinkie Pie
-Discord
-Queen Chrysalis

Operation
-Cavity Sam

Potato Head
-Mr. Potato Head/Mrs. Potato Head

Stretch Armstrong
-Stretch Armstrong

Transformers
-Optimus Prime
-Bumblebee
-Megatron
-Soundwave

Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light
-Merklynn

Might think of stage ideas too
Gonna tag MooMew64 MooMew64 nere because

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Im gonna do a DLC ranking myself with only pure biases (be it playing their games, playing them, or just the feels)
:ultpiranha:: Gang/10 perfect plant boi to **** on Waluigi with
:ultjoker:: WOAH OH MY GOD LOOKING COOL JOKER/10…more Persona needed…fully addicted…uncontainable…Makoto still the best woman even after Strikers (Kawakami, Takemi, and Sumire are right next to her tho)
:ulthero:: only worth kamikaze…nothing else of use
:ultbanjokazooie:: Welcome home once more y’all
:ult_terry:: complicated…but gets a Psycho Soldier/10 for that one singular song
:ultbyleth:: 0/10 cause what a ****ty ass character
:ultbylethf:: 9:10 very much variety teacher best FE newcomer
:ultminmin: idk what to say, but the music and stage is mostly great
:ultsteve:: OH **** reaction…but character is a 6-7/10
:ultsora::ultalex:: eh…
:ultenderman:: God Tier Minecrafter
:ultsephiroth:: bruh holy ****
:ultpyra::ultlink:: ***** blades was all the internet allowed me to think of them, so I have no real opinions on them since I don’t Xeno bro
:ultmythra:: waaaaay too ****ing complex…and he burned Pit into fried chicken so **** him 0/10
:ultpit:: 10/10 reveal…good way to end it Disney Pit (until Sora is actually here for me to abusively emote post)
overall the dlc set was amazing
Mild language warning, but this has me losing it:
not even SpongeBob likes that stupid pink **** in this game…oof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom