• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I'll still be here (I think), but I suspect a non insignificant number of people will be leaving after the last fighter drops, so to those people, it's been nice conversing with you throughout the Ultimate Hype cycle, especially during the pandemic when a lot of my real life social life got cut off, and I can't wait to view the finale with you tomorrow one last time.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I may still pop in on occasion

idk about all my other pals tho… I wanna try to keep in touch as much as possible

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
okay so.

I don't know what to say for a goodbye post or anything.

You're all pretty cool, and I'll likely still be around for a while. If I leave, I may also still come back to share stuff I make y'all may like. I don't actually intend on leaving at least for sometime, however.

If you're leaving, I hope you all have good times and an awesome life!

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Yeah. It did take long to actually write that out. Did have Laid Back Camp's, Anohana's and Non Non Biyori's Soundtrack to help.

I only had one shot to write it out but I'm happy I said what I needed to. We will be fine until Halloween as and from what I can guess about five common members will be leaving or reducing the presence a lot. I'm gonna be here like usual but once my training and driving lessons start I won't be around as much.

So expect me to ask some later on. I just don't want this to be the only lane to talk to some of you guys. And doubly so to the creators as well.

So yeah. Graduation day fourmers!

Also SneakyLink SneakyLink and Zinith Zinith forgot to tag you two in it. Both of you are awesome as well.

That is me off to bed. It's been great. That morning special Cortado is calling my name.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
View attachment 333049

Hello everyone! Or should I say howdy? Either way, welcome to the Noipoi Art Gallery! Where I’ll be waking you through the art I’ve done for this weird ass website ever since I signed up here three years ago!

Play this for added effect

Shroob Shroob MooMew64 MooMew64 TheMightyP TheMightyP @Pokelego999 Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! @Lamperouge Wademan94 Wademan94 Jondolio Jondolio DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu @Dr. Metal X @Jotadé @Knight Dude AndreaAC AndreaAC @SonicSmasher1 Just a penguin Just a penguin Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna @Dyllybirdy BlondeLombax BlondeLombax Zinith Zinith TheCJBrine TheCJBrine @Z25 @Freezerburn @UserGoozer

With the tags out of the way, let’s begin shall we?

First off, the countdown

When ultimate was twelve days out from release, I did a series of images featuring each of the original 12 fighters interacting with my character.

View attachment 333052
View attachment 333053
View attachment 333054
View attachment 333055
View attachment 333056
View attachment 333057
View attachment 333060
View attachment 333061
View attachment 333062
View attachment 333063
View attachment 333064
This one features my irl best buddy, who goes by Wukong online. He likes monkeys, so I made him DK for this one!
View attachment 333065
View attachment 333066
View attachment 333067
View attachment 333068

Not all of these are winners, but I still had fun with them. Especially the Yoshi one, I’m really proud of how it came out. In hindsight, I probably could’ve done something like this with every dlc character leading up to tomorrow…aw well.

Next up, roster predictions:

View attachment 333069
This was made in late august 2018. Only two were correct, and Isabelle isn’t an echo. So more like one and a half lmao

View attachment 333070
This was done in December 2018. My predictions were Erdrick, an Xbox character, Crash, and some form of Undertale content. The only one I got wrong was Crash. So far…

View attachment 333072
This was made for the Incineroar thread, to celebrate his inclusion! Good times…

This concludes part 1! Part 2 will be held shortly, so please look forward to it!
Wonderful art compilation, Noi! :D Honestly I look forward to seeing more even after the reveal of whoever character that gets added!
A'ight, you squares, the group picture is complete! :ness:

(From left to right)
Row 1 - Mic_128, Wario Bros. Wario Bros. , Smooth Criminal, PsychoIncarnate, Venus of the Desert Bloom, Warchamp7, IsmaR, Teeb147, N3ON, ---, Strong Badam, BKupa666, Rizen, Cyndane
Row 2 - Opossum, Aurane Aurane , @Hat N' Clogs, @dezeray112, @Swamp Sensei, @KingofPhantoms, @Knight Dude, @Megadoomer, Arcanir, TheCJBrine TheCJBrine , Shroob Shroob , @SonicSmasher1, PLATINUM7
Row 3 - @Z25, Will, AndreaAC AndreaAC , NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy , TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 , Cutie Gwen, Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura , SneakyLink SneakyLink , Digital Hazard, Schnee117, @Kirby Dragons, Professor Pumpkaboo, @Zachmac, Guynamednelson
Row 4 - Aetheri, Metallinatus, @Dr. Metal X, Hockeyfan44, Wademan94 Wademan94 , @Freezerburn, PeridotGX, Wario Wario Wario, Iridium, Perkilator, @osby, BlondeLombax BlondeLombax , Zinith Zinith , Idon
Row 5 - Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu , Diem, Noipoi Noipoi , @Roguewolf, TimeSpace, Hydreigonfan01, @Michael the Spikester, @Lamperouge, @Dyllybirdy, Dukefire, @Ramen Tenghostku, Champion of Hyrule, @KingBooGengar57
Row 6 - SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 , Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 , Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade , Just a penguin Just a penguin , TheMightyP TheMightyP , @Alicorn, Wunderwaft, @Mamboo07, @Pokelego999, KillerCage KillerCage , MooMew64 MooMew64 , Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna , @UserGoozer, LAA9000
Row 7 - cashreigster9, Speed Weed, Janx_uwu, @BirbManBakugan, Oracle Link, @alexxxela, @Doc Monocle, duxx duxx , Taigiry, Jondolio Jondolio , @Jotadé , @Android 60, Viqueen, @Blackhearts

Oh dear, I hope I did not go too far with tagging quite a plethora of you. Gotta be sure this is seen in case the thread's activity speeds up, or heaven forbid, be closed after the presentation.

Now, this is not your average group picture. I took all y'all's pfps, took a template of Ultimate's CSS, and put y'all, as well as myself, on the roster. I see some of y'all changed pfps on me while I was away working on it for several days.

Everyone Is Here! ...well, at least everyone in the Social Thread Family.

I started at page 1961 ('cause that is the year I was born, lulz) and worked my way up to the current page. Besides, I had plenty of spare time to kill reading some amusing posts. Other than that, I just blazed through nearly a thousand pages to find everyone. I was surprised to of counted about 150 of y'all from that page to the current one, so some cuts had to be made. Sorry, but...

Next, you guys were ordered by the date you joined this site, similar to how the Smash Fighters appear in Ultimate's roster.

Finally, the hard part...posting this at just the right time. Putting this up on the big day, I probably would of been too late, so...here it is just before the evening starts!

I made this as a memento of our times together. Sometimes we do speculation talk, we share cool content, we make each other laugh, we console others through their hardships, trials, tribulations, etc. After the Sakurai Presents, a good number of y'all will be leaving us. I will miss y'all; consider joining us back here for the Holidays and/or New Years.

Now, go to sleep and and enjoy tomorrow's presentation, will ya? :ness:
:) Means a whole lot to me being added to this even though I am not here as regularly as I used to for one reason or another. Thank you so much for this! It's amazing! ❤
hey Shroob Shroob and Wademan94 Wademan94

remember the Gura pic I promised

Noipoi Noipoi Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna TheMightyP TheMightyP @Ramen Tenghostku @Pokelego999 AndreaAC AndreaAC @Lamperouge

This took I think almost a week and a half lol

I regret nothing

I'll probably add more detail to her later, but a family member asked for a drawing and I feel bad about putting it off for this, so here it is 97% done, lol
:D I don't know who this is but the drawing is great! Keep up the great work!

I have been suffering quite the headache today so, this helped me to cheer up my day!

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. :)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I can’t wait to not see Sakurai in person on Nintendo videos for the next however amount of years

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I'll be going to bed early so I can wake up earlier to catch the presentation live, so just in case I'm too tired tomorrow to come here before the character is revealed, it's been a pleasure riding the hype train with you all throughout the Ultimate Hype cycle, and I can't wait to watch the grand finale with all of you tomorrow.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Welcome to the final part of the Noipoi Art Gallery!

I imagine this is the one most of you were looking forward to, because this is the one with the crossover posters!

Shroob Shroob MooMew64 MooMew64 TheMightyP TheMightyP @Pokelego999 Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! @Lamperouge Wademan94 Wademan94 Jondolio Jondolio DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu @Dr. Metal X @Jotadé @Knight Dude AndreaAC AndreaAC @SonicSmasher1 Just a penguin Just a penguin Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna @Dyllybirdy BlondeLombax BlondeLombax Zinith Zinith TheCJBrine TheCJBrine @Z25 @Freezerburn @UserGoozer
@BirbManBakugan
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64

Let’s end this with a bang, shall we?

The posters started as a joke. During the grinch leak, many users said it felt like an anime arc. Someone suggested we make a poster, and you know me. I had to, I just had to.

View attachment 333089

This one was made in October 2018, and features several users you really don’t see around anymore!
Not to mention people look different, based on the avatars they had at the time. The art’s kinda sloppy, but It’s still a fun piece of social thread history.

View attachment 333095
View attachment 333093

View attachment 333092
View attachment 333090

Sorry for the poor resolution, but the second poster was so tall I had to split the up! As you can see, after many complaints from users who didn’t appear in the first one, I went above and beyond trying to include as many users as I could. Making this poster obnoxiously tall. I remember staying up until six am trying to finish this, my computer bugging out because it was too damn big. Don’t think I’d like to try this again, but it was fun I won’t lie! The reactions were great too, for a good two weeks it seemed everybody had an avatar taken from this image.

View attachment 333096

The third poster. Made in September 2019! Not as huge as the second one, obviously. Honestly…I think this one is my least favorite? I dunno, my art was going through a phase at the time. I’m just not a huge fan of how it turned out. But hey, I’m glad it made others happy!

View attachment 333097
You remember this one, don’t you? This is a little different from the others, as this is directly connected to the 70 page comic extravaganza I made, THE HEIST starring your guys! Of course, you know all about The Heist, you seemed to really enjoy it. And as weird as it sounds, I kinda priced to myself that I could make a comic? I always sorta doubted my ability. I dunno, anyway. It was a pleasure making this comic for you all!

And that’s that! I hope you’ve enjoyed this walk down memory lane, and I hope you enjoy the rest of today! After all, it’s the final day of smash ultimate speculation! Crazy, isn’t it? I hope tomorrow is rad!

Anyway, thanks for reading everybody! And thanks for liking my goody doodles for three whole years!
Don’t forget your grace also drew this
9179E43B-213B-4B20-AC54-72E44EDBDD4C.jpeg

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
y’all should have multiple strangers ask me questions in the AMA stuff…you’d totally not regret getting honest answers from me

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Even if for whatever reason it loads up available to play on my switch early for some reason because of some glitch. I will not play Nick Brawl till the 8th. The official release date. And wait to form my opinions of its gameplay till after any day 1 patches it may have. There is way to much care and love obviously pumped into this thing for any naysayers to dampen my hype. Even you Osby.

Shroob

Sup?
Even if for whatever reason it loads up available to play on my switch early for some reason because of some glitch. I will not play Nick Brawl till the 8th. The official release date. And wait to form my opinions of its gameplay till after any day 1 patches it may have. There is way to much care and love obviously pumped into this thing for any naysayers to dampen my hype. Even you Osby.
1633403809125.png

Huh? But it's the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom