• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Apparently, the RPG Maker horror game Ib is getting a remake.

Shroob

Sup?
Apparently, the RPG Maker horror game Ib is getting a remake.
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

For real? That's AWESOME

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Noipoi

Howdy!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
A'ight, you squares, the group picture is complete! :ness:

(From left to right)
Row 1 - Mic_128, Wario Bros. Wario Bros. , Smooth Criminal, PsychoIncarnate, Venus of the Desert Bloom, Warchamp7, IsmaR, Teeb147, N3ON, ---, Strong Badam, BKupa666, Rizen, Cyndane
Row 2 - Opossum, @Aurane, Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs , @dezeray112, @Swamp Sensei, @KingofPhantoms, @Knight Dude, @Megadoomer, Arcanir, @TheCJBrine, Shroob Shroob , @SonicSmasher1, PLATINUM7
Row 3 - Z25 Z25 , Will, AndreaAC AndreaAC , NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy , TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 , Cutie Gwen, Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura , SneakyLink SneakyLink , Digital Hazard, Schnee117, Kirby Dragons Kirby Dragons , Professor Pumpkaboo, ZephyrZ ZephyrZ , Guynamednelson
Row 4 - Aetheri, Metallinatus, Metal Shop X Metal Shop X , Hockeyfan44, Wademan94 Wademan94 , Freezerburn Freezerburn , PeridotGX, Wario Wario Wario, Iridium, Perkilator, osby osby , @BlondeLombax, @Zinith, Idon
Row 5 - Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu , Diem, Noipoi Noipoi , @Roguewolf, TimeSpace, Hydreigonfan01, Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester , Lamperouge Lamperouge , Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy , Dukefire, Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , Champion of Hyrule, KingBooGengar57 KingBooGengar57
Row 6 - SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 , Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 , @Hadokeyblade, @Just a penguin, TheMightyP TheMightyP , @Alicorn, Wunderwaft, @Mamboo07, Pokelego999 Pokelego999 , KillerCage KillerCage , MooMew64 MooMew64 , Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna , @UserGoozer, LAA9000
Row 7 - cashreigster9, Speed Weed, Janx_uwu, @BirbManBakugan, Oracle Link, @alexxxela, @Doc Monocle, duxx duxx , Taigiry, Jondolio Jondolio , @Jotadé , @Android 60, Viqueen, @Blackhearts

Oh dear, I hope I did not go too far with tagging quite a plethora of you. Gotta be sure this is seen in case the thread's activity speeds up, or heaven forbid, be closed after the presentation.

Now, this is not your average group picture. I took all y'all's pfps, took a template of Ultimate's CSS, and put y'all, as well as myself, on the roster. I see some of y'all changed pfps on me while I was away working on it for several days.

Everyone Is Here! ...well, at least everyone in the Social Thread Family.

I started at page 1961 ('cause that is the year I was born, lulz) and worked my way up to the current page. Besides, I had plenty of spare time to kill reading some amusing posts. Other than that, I just blazed through nearly a thousand pages to find everyone. I was surprised to of counted about 150 of y'all from that page to the current one, so some cuts had to be made. Sorry, but...

Next, you guys were ordered by the date you joined this site, similar to how the Smash Fighters appear in Ultimate's roster.

Finally, the hard part...posting this at just the right time. Putting this up on the big day, I probably would of been too late, so...here it is just before the evening starts!

I made this as a memento of our times together. Sometimes we do speculation talk, we share cool content, we make each other laugh, we console others through their hardships, trials, tribulations, etc. After the Sakurai Presents, a good number of y'all will be leaving us. I will miss y'all; consider joining us back here for the Holidays and/or New Years.

Now, go to sleep and and enjoy tomorrow's presentation, will ya? :ness:
I don't post in here much anymore, but I appreciate being included and being remembered in spite of such. Thank you a lot; it means a lot <3

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
A'ight, you squares, the group picture is complete! :ness:

(From left to right)
Row 1 - Mic_128, Wario Bros. Wario Bros. , Smooth Criminal, PsychoIncarnate, Venus of the Desert Bloom, Warchamp7, IsmaR, Teeb147, N3ON, ---, Strong Badam, BKupa666, Rizen, Cyndane
Row 2 - Opossum, @Aurane, Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs , @dezeray112, @Swamp Sensei, @KingofPhantoms, @Knight Dude, @Megadoomer, Arcanir, @TheCJBrine, Shroob Shroob , @SonicSmasher1, PLATINUM7
Row 3 - Z25 Z25 , Will, AndreaAC AndreaAC , NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy , TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 , Cutie Gwen, Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura , SneakyLink SneakyLink , Digital Hazard, Schnee117, Kirby Dragons Kirby Dragons , Professor Pumpkaboo, ZephyrZ ZephyrZ , Guynamednelson
Row 4 - Aetheri, Metallinatus, Metal Shop X Metal Shop X , Hockeyfan44, Wademan94 Wademan94 , Freezerburn Freezerburn , PeridotGX, Wario Wario Wario, Iridium, Perkilator, osby osby , @BlondeLombax, @Zinith, Idon
Row 5 - Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu , Diem, Noipoi Noipoi , @Roguewolf, TimeSpace, Hydreigonfan01, Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester , Lamperouge Lamperouge , Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy , Dukefire, Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , Champion of Hyrule, KingBooGengar57 KingBooGengar57
Row 6 - SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 , Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 , @Hadokeyblade, @Just a penguin, TheMightyP TheMightyP , @Alicorn, Wunderwaft, @Mamboo07, Pokelego999 Pokelego999 , KillerCage KillerCage , MooMew64 MooMew64 , Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna , @UserGoozer, LAA9000
Row 7 - cashreigster9, Speed Weed, Janx_uwu, @BirbManBakugan, Oracle Link, @alexxxela, @Doc Monocle, duxx duxx , Taigiry, Jondolio Jondolio , @Jotadé , @Android 60, Viqueen, @Blackhearts

Oh dear, I hope I did not go too far with tagging quite a plethora of you. Gotta be sure this is seen in case the thread's activity speeds up, or heaven forbid, be closed after the presentation.

Now, this is not your average group picture. I took all y'all's pfps, took a template of Ultimate's CSS, and put y'all, as well as myself, on the roster. I see some of y'all changed pfps on me while I was away working on it for several days.

Everyone Is Here! ...well, at least everyone in the Social Thread Family.

I started at page 1961 ('cause that is the year I was born, lulz) and worked my way up to the current page. Besides, I had plenty of spare time to kill reading some amusing posts. Other than that, I just blazed through nearly a thousand pages to find everyone. I was surprised to of counted about 150 of y'all from that page to the current one, so some cuts had to be made. Sorry, but...

Next, you guys were ordered by the date you joined this site, similar to how the Smash Fighters appear in Ultimate's roster.

Finally, the hard part...posting this at just the right time. Putting this up on the big day, I probably would of been too late, so...here it is just before the evening starts!

I made this as a memento of our times together. Sometimes we do speculation talk, we share cool content, we make each other laugh, we console others through their hardships, trials, tribulations, etc. After the Sakurai Presents, a good number of y'all will be leaving us. I will miss y'all; consider joining us back here for the Holidays and/or New Years.

Now, go to sleep and and enjoy tomorrow's presentation, will ya? :ness:
I didn't realize I was part of this collection.

I'M SO HAPPY TO BE INCLUDED!

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I was watching John Oliver, and there was a segment with Danny DeVito explaining toxic chemicals,

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I set up an arena if anyone wants to play some matches one more time before the final reveal.

ID: HKd49
Passcode is 2356

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I hope they still have Chaz get a nice ending where he marries kimis mom again. If he doesn’t, it’s a waste of kimi and her family in this show.
based on the clip, we probably won’t be seeing Kira as a major player yet (or at least married…just hope they don’t erase her from history like they did with Phil and Lil’s dad)
Tbh, if there was any non Video Game character I want to join Smash, it would be Darth Vader.

Tell me Vader wouldn't go hard.
I’d be down bad to play as Spider-Man (Peter, Miles, Ben, Kaine, Otto) and Ghost-Spider/Spider-Woman (Gwen, Anya, Cindy). Be nice to have 7 Spiders as alts for Peter…or a literal batman
Ok but where's Dil
probably season 2, but I’m more weirded out by the fact that Kimi and Susie swapped ages and roles

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sleepy Hollow still holds up. Remains my favorite Tim Burton film.

Up next for my Halloween marathon. The Blair Witch Project (1999).

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Alright y'all.

The time is soon here, and I ain't gettin' spoiled. Not this cat, not when it's the last rodeo for Ultimate.

I'll catch you all tomorrow after the trailer for the character airs. Assuming this place isn't Crashboards while the presentation is airing, lol.

Final predictions:

Big whopper reveal: Sora or Waluigi

Medium sized reveal: SMT or Puyo Puyo

Everyone unfortunately gets mad: Pokémon

Mii: Hollow Knight, I say it every time and I'M GONNA BE RIGHT THIS TIME SHUT UP.

Other than that? Uh.....

Mii Brawler gets a SSE costume via Primid. :nifty:

see you all after Googi's reveal

one last time

2721-1583430189-1782774948.png

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So let's do this. One of my longest posts and about you guys. So here goes the tagging and it is mostly the crowd here.

Wademan94 Wademan94 Lamperouge Lamperouge @BirbManBakugan Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku MooMew64 MooMew64 DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu Freezerburn Freezerburn Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Noipoi Noipoi Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Kirby Dragons Kirby Dragons osby osby ZephyrZ ZephyrZ Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester duxx duxx Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 Pokelego999 Pokelego999 (Plot Twist!) Speed Weed Speed Weed Wario Bros. Wario Bros. SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 and a special mention to JD as well. And if I haven't mentioned you, I don't hate you or anything. Just didn't want to go too much on the taeging.

I've got my sad but also encouraging songs playlist for this. A sad but childlike wonder that would signal the end of an era to make me write this. It is long but I'm writing a creative and heartfelt side. So please bear with me my friends.

I would be super happy if you guys read over it as it's personal. Five minutes it'll take.

So guys this is really it huh? This time in 24 hours we'll know the final fighter, the release and everything in-between. The end of Smash Ultimate and it's DLC. It's been a journey through and through with you all. I find it hard to believe that I joined partway through the DLC when it feels like I've been here since the start with all of you.
Sometimes I find it so hard to believe that what was a throwaway account that only was to join about asking when speculation about KOS-MOS was at it's highest turned into this. This place is like my home online along with Discord now. A dorm that always has that guy and this girl who you just pop in for a chat. As someone who really, really hated the online world and the idea of making online friends, you guys proved me wrong so much. So ****ing much and I'm grateful.
And now this place has contained some of the most eye-opening, coolest, craziest, creative and grand as grand people I've ever met. Single handily turning dull and boring days in something pretty bright and hilarious many times for me and so many.

Everyone here!

On communities, when some people join it does take time for them to have growing pains and such. People can be weary when that happens. For me that was when I used to whine about getting my posts buried or ignored, really letting my accent through on purpose to annoy and such but I grew.
Thanks to a few people from when I switched from Speculation to Social I found my place and from there I made jumps.
I really did feel like that after a first failure on a small robotics forum I did it right. Some of you guys knowing my real name, my proper online identity and where I'm from? 16 year old me would be slapping me with a frying pan right now but I did it.

Even more so and on to less me, everyone here has helped out and kept each other company through the pandemic as well. As the ship of the world's history was going through this storm no-one saw coming, everyone here helped each other through the lockdowns worldwide and kept each other going through, grieving for those lost as well. I for one really thank everyone during it and beyond into now.

You guys have helped me through the highest of highs like my travelling, me crying of joy at announcements I never though would, encouraging me through my creative side and all. On the other side of the coin you guys helped pull me up from the lowest of the low along with IRL friends. The loss of my beloved pet dog, the split between me and my siblings, when I felt like dying everyday for a month etc.

You guys have impacted me so much as a person. Not to mention the interests such as new games, shows, Hololive (looking at you MooMew and Shroob), jokes but also just general growth as a human being. The impact online friends have had on me.................. it's outstanding.

It is without a doubt.

Joining this forum and making friends has been one of the best decisions I've made!

However in the midst of all this there are people who I specifically want to thank for various things. There's too much so some lengths may be a bit muffled.

Duxx and Bakugan - I'm putting you two together as you guys are pretty cool but when I think of people here who I think have grown and flipped expectations as people far beyond in such a quick manner. Duxx, you are a pretty nice person and I'm glad to see you around every time. Bakugan..........my friend. Seeing your love of birds, passion for cards and all has made you a great friend. Really hope you reach for what you want to do.

JD/Jotade - Where I start man. My fellow islander, Euro, a person who I can relate to so much on so many levels and someone who I've similar interests in. I'm going to be honest but I do consider you my first online friend here. I've been with you thick and thin over these two years. Life has tried to put you down but you keep getting up. You are stronger than what you think and don't let anyone else tell you that. I really hope we can be friends for a long time to come. You are a legend.

Dr Metal X, Guh-Huzzah, Kirby Dragons - You three I'm putting together. You guys are all creators in different ways. To the Doctor: I love your art and how you give them personality. To Guh: Your voice acting is great and has made me laugh a few times. Kirby Dragons: I really loved your script from when I read it and your ideas have been great to hear. Really hope you guys pull off some amazing stuff in the future and can't wait to talk more about it here or somewhere else.

Wade - Another hard to start. One of my closest friends, online and IRL. We've single-handedly brought each other from the brink more than once from our creative ideas. I love talking to you about my stories and vice versa.
Whether it's my story of Laiku and Sakura finding Ruby Ophelia or Lily Crawford writing a story. Whether's it's about the adventures of Lena and Vas through the two worlds they inhabit or even others like your cool superhero dog story. You gave them life and helping collaborate and discuss on them has been so fun. I'll be with you every step of the way from now til the end when you need it. And that's not to mention outside of it and how well we just get along.

MooMew and Noi - Putting you two together. MooMew: You are an amazing person and really just fun to be around. Your creativity, thoughtfulness, clarity, humour and all. Hope you go far. Noi: Dude, I never saw your art until a while back where you showed me a few character designs for a story and I was blown away. Then your comic. One of the greatest reads I've ever had was that comic. Eye-catching, well written, great plot and adding so many of us in it. You have a love for this place that I think few can beat. Hope me and you (you too MooMew) will be friends for ages.

Shroob - You're getting a video. That is all.

Lamperouge - Another person who I would say is easily one of my closest friends IRL and online. You are a great guy and friend. Me and you are always on the same beat of almost anything we talk about from anime to games to even just pure randomness. Getting to know you as a person has been nothing short of fun and vice versa. You also have some of the coolest pfps, have introduced me to some cool stuff and more. Both my fellow Xenobro and member of Secret Society Blanket.

Osby - Through friends with JD I have met a fellow Euro and Persona fanboy. You always post some great stuff and I see eye to eye a lot on. Overall one of the coolest people on the forum. And dude...................I will be invading Istanbul one day on my moped so you better watch out!

Ramen - You will always be the Head Chef of Smashboards. Love having you around man and you've helped me out a few times in other areas. Another good friend of mine and a really great mod.

Dylly - Being the other commoner from the same island as me and has similar interests, it's great to have you around. I like talking to you and are a calming presence every time.

Zachmac, Speed Weed and Mushroomguy - You three are all great to talk about when we can and hopefully we can more in the post SB era.

The rest? You are all cool. And those who I don't? Well they don't post anymore so there's that. A few I'll find eventually ways of talking outside here and all as well I'm gonna make a personal focus of mine.

And so now we come to a close. Tomorrow will be the end of the era of Smash Bros. Some changes will be coming. Some will be leaving, people from Smash Speculation will come here and a bizarre fusion akin to a forum reunification of two sides will occur. Then eventually as we grow further and further away from the final character, SB will eventually quiet out to time like between the previous games but it could be permanently.

That honestly scares me. A lot of you guys I've grown very, very fond of and just as much as friends IRL and I don't want it to end. I don't want Smashboards to be an anchor point for our friendships. There are a few who I am close to I'm going to ask if they would like to join a server on Discord.

And to those who aren't comfortable? I'll try my hardest to make it so, if it's because of the systems of it or the features you can leave it to me! I promise!

For a few of you guys, I'm confident that unless fate acts like an ass we will be friends for years to come.

Who knows how far that could go. Maybe meet over voice or what. Just know for a number of yous, I'm always willing to help and listen no matter how many times and over the months and such that pass over here. To finally sum out what I feel about it all and hopefully not the only one of these complex friendships across this forum:

Smashboards isn't the end of friendships. In fact, it's only the beginning!

So that's the end of it. I know some of you guys would be thinking like:

EDCeC3t.jpg

Or.

GraduationDayComingUp.jpg

Whatever you guys think. It's been a blessing to know some of you guys and hopefully it'll be for a long time after. I'll be around like normal til the end of the month but don't know beyond that. Let the river flow it's course.

Thanks Smashboards.

Ire/Dutch

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The end of Smash is upon us, and thus this will be my last post before the big reveal. Before I start, please note I will be unavailable until 7pm est tomorrow. I work during the reveal and want to avoid spoilers (to the point where I put all my social media apps in a separate page from my main stuff and said "Do Not Open") and will basically becoming a TVTropes expert on The Scooby Doo Show like I did during E3 (for those wondering which one, it's the one titled "The Scooby Doo Show")

Seven years ago (and a few months) I joined the site and it was nice. There were some moments I question from back then. In the time period between Cloud and Corrin/Bayonetta, I must've forgot to log in (life gets busy and all that jazz). I returned around Ultimate speculation and decided to join to support two of my most wanted characters at the time (Shantae and King K. Rool). One got in, the other I waited until she was a spirit. In all honesty, I expected nothing. Since then I hung out mostly in the Social Thread through all its ups and downs. Banjo & Kazooie and Steve got in and Shantae got a Mii Costume, which was even more than I was expecting. But now here we are at the Endgame. Who could the final reveal be? At this point, it's a ballpark of choices.

I'd like to thank everyone here for having such a fun time and enjoying the ride. I'll still be around here being the resident Dorothy person and talking more about the Nick game (got it preordered and ready to rumble. Went with the Xbox version to be destroy destroy them with my Smash skills(?)). But for now, I shall share my personal favorite Dorothy gif. See you all on the other side.

Laugh gif.gif

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
sharing this from the dlc thread, still applies here
at any rate. I think I’ll be off smashboards all day tomorrow. I’ll still check brushie’s Reddit if they say anything.

I think another misc feature I’d like to see that would be cool is if the DLC were officially added to the WoL maps

and uh. If you wanna reach me elsewhere, my major links are in my sig, and my discord’s in my profile. Just make your screen name or pfp obvious so I know who you are

but also, thank y’all for these three years. Especially when my dad was dying. I appreciate it

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Whilst we're waiting for the final character, TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 'S AMA is now up. Go and ask him some questions to go help pass the time

as per the usual, if you're interested in participating in a future AMA and are not currently on the list of future AMA subjects, please lemme know.

So let's do this. One of my longest posts and about you guys. So here goes the tagging and it is mostly the crowd here.

Wademan94 Wademan94 Lamperouge Lamperouge @BirbManBakugan Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku MooMew64 MooMew64 DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu Freezerburn Freezerburn Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Noipoi Noipoi Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Kirby Dragons Kirby Dragons osby osby ZephyrZ ZephyrZ Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester duxx duxx Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 Pokelego999 Pokelego999 (Plot Twist!) Speed Weed Speed Weed Wario Bros. Wario Bros. SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 and a special mention to JD as well. And if I haven't mentioned you, I don't hate you or anything. Just didn't want to go too much on the taeging.

I've got my sad but also encouraging songs playlist for this. A sad but childlike wonder that would signal the end of an era to make me write this. It is long but I'm writing a creative and heartfelt side. So please bear with me my friends.

I would be super happy if you guys read over it as it's personal. Five minutes it'll take.

So guys this is really it huh? This time in 24 hours we'll know the final fighter, the release and everything in-between. The end of Smash Ultimate and it's DLC. It's been a journey through and through with you all. I find it hard to believe that I joined partway through the DLC when it feels like I've been here since the start with all of you.
Sometimes I find it so hard to believe that what was a throwaway account that only was to join about asking when speculation about KOS-MOS was at it's highest turned into this. This place is like my home online along with Discord now. A dorm that always has that guy and this girl who you just pop in for a chat. As someone who really, really hated the online world and the idea of making online friends, you guys proved me wrong so much. So ****ing much and I'm grateful.
And now this place has contained some of the most eye-opening, coolest, craziest, creative and grand as grand people I've ever met. Single handily turning dull and boring days in something pretty bright and hilarious many times for me and so many.

Everyone here!

On communities, when some people join it does take time for them to have growing pains and such. People can be weary when that happens. For me that was when I used to whine about getting my posts buried or ignored, really letting my accent through on purpose to annoy and such but I grew.
Thanks to a few people from when I switched from Speculation to Social I found my place and from there I made jumps.
I really did feel like that after a first failure on a small robotics forum I did it right. Some of you guys knowing my real name, my proper online identity and where I'm from? 16 year old me would be slapping me with a frying pan right now but I did it.

Even more so and on to less me, everyone here has helped out and kept each other company through the pandemic as well. As the ship of the world's history was going through this storm no-one saw coming, everyone here helped each other through the lockdowns worldwide and kept each other going through, grieving for those lost as well. I for one really thank everyone during it and beyond into now.

You guys have helped me through the highest of highs like my travelling, me crying of joy at announcements I never though would, encouraging me through my creative side and all. On the other side of the coin you guys helped pull me up from the lowest of the low along with IRL friends. The loss of my beloved pet dog, the split between me and my siblings, when I felt like dying everyday for a month etc.

You guys have impacted me so much as a person. Not to mention the interests such as new games, shows, Hololive (looking at you MooMew and Shroob), jokes but also just general growth as a human being. The impact online friends have had on me.................. it's outstanding.

It is without a doubt.

Joining this forum and making friends has been one of the best decisions I've made!

However in the midst of all this there are people who I specifically want to thank for various things. There's too much so some lengths may be a bit muffled.

Duxx and Bakugan - I'm putting you two together as you guys are pretty cool but when I think of people here who I think have grown and flipped expectations as people far beyond in such a quick manner. Duxx, you are a pretty nice person and I'm glad to see you around every time. Bakugan..........my friend. Seeing your love of birds, passion for cards and all has made you a great friend. Really hope you reach for what you want to do.

JD/Jotade - Where I start man. My fellow islander, Euro, a person who I can relate to so much on so many levels and someone who I've similar interests in. I'm going to be honest but I do consider you my first online friend here. I've been with you thick and thin over these two years. Life has tried to put you down but you keep getting up. You are stronger than what you think and don't let anyone else tell you that. I really hope we can be friends for a long time to come. You are a legend.

Dr Metal X, Guh-Huzzah, Kirby Dragons - You three I'm putting together. You guys are all creators in different ways. To the Doctor: I love your art and how you give them personality. To Guh: Your voice acting is great and has made me laugh a few times. Kirby Dragons: I really loved your script from when I read it and your ideas have been great to hear. Really hope you guys pull off some amazing stuff in the future and can't wait to talk more about it here or somewhere else.

Wade - Another hard to start. One of my closest friends, online and IRL. We've single-handedly brought each other from the brink more than once from our creative ideas. I love talking to you about my stories and vice versa.
Whether it's my story of Laiku and Sakura finding Ruby Ophelia or Lily Crawford writing a story. Whether's it's about the adventures of Lena and Vas through the two worlds they inhabit or even others like your cool superhero dog story. You gave them life and helping collaborate and discuss on them has been so fun. I'll be with you every step of the way from now til the end when you need it. And that's not to mention outside of it and how well we just get along.

MooMew and Noi - Putting you two together. MooMew: You are an amazing person and really just fun to be around. Your creativity, thoughtfulness, clarity, humour and all. Hope you go far. Noi: Dude, I never saw your art until a while back where you showed me a few character designs for a story and I was blown away. Then your comic. One of the greatest reads I've ever had was that comic. Eye-catching, well written, great plot and adding so many of us in it. You have a love for this place that I think few can beat. Hope me and you (you too MooMew) will be friends for ages.

Shroob - You're getting a video. That is all.

Lamperouge - Another person who I would say is easily one of my closest friends IRL and online. You are a great guy and friend. Me and you are always on the same beat of almost anything we talk about from anime to games to even just pure randomness. Getting to know you as a person has been nothing short of fun and vice versa. You also have some of the coolest pfps, have introduced me to some cool stuff and more. Both my fellow Xenobro and member of Secret Society Blanket.

Osby - Through friends with JD I have met a fellow Euro and Persona fanboy. You always post some great stuff and I see eye to eye a lot on. Overall one of the coolest people on the forum. And dude...................I will be invading Istanbul one day on my moped so you better watch out!

Ramen - You will always be the Head Chef of Smashboards. Love having you around man and you've helped me out a few times in other areas. Another good friend of mine and a really great mod.

Dylly - Being the other commoner from the same island as me and has similar interests, it's great to have you around. I like talking to you and are a calming presence every time.

Zachmac, Speed Weed and Mushroomguy - You three are all great to talk about when we can and hopefully we can more in the post SB era.

The rest? You are all cool. And those who I don't? Well they don't post anymore so there's that. A few I'll find eventually ways of talking outside here and all as well I'm gonna make a personal focus of mine.

And so now we come to a close. Tomorrow will be the end of the era of Smash Bros. Some changes will be coming. Some will be leaving, people from Smash Speculation will come here and a bizarre fusion akin to a forum reunification of two sides will occur. Then eventually as we grow further and further away from the final character, SB will eventually quiet out to time like between the previous games but it could be permanently.

That honestly scares me. A lot of you guys I've grown very, very fond of and just as much as friends IRL and I don't want it to end. I don't want Smashboards to be an anchor point for our friendships. There are a few who I am close to I'm going to ask if they would like to join a server on Discord.

And to those who aren't comfortable? I'll try my hardest to make it so, if it's because of the systems of it or the features you can leave it to me! I promise!

For a few of you guys, I'm confident that unless fate acts like an ass we will be friends for years to come.

Who knows how far that could go. Maybe meet over voice or what. Just know for a number of yous, I'm always willing to help and listen no matter how many times and over the months and such that pass over here. To finally sum out what I feel about it all and hopefully not the only one of these complex friendships across this forum:

Smashboards isn't the end of friendships. In fact, it's only the beginning!

So that's the end of it. I know some of you guys would be thinking like:

View attachment 333146

Or.

View attachment 333150

Whatever you guys think. It's been a blessing to know some of you guys and hopefully it'll be for a long time after. I'll be around like normal til the end of the month but don't know beyond that. Let the river flow it's course.

Thanks Smashboards.

Ire/Dutch
Thank you. You've been a great friend. Hopefully you can stick around. There's more to this place than just Smash

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom