• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Jimmy, Mr krabs , Garfield and Vlad are pretty hype, ngl.
Also we aren’t getting Fredirator characters. Fredirator despises Nick. Nick under sold a lot of their shows, getting them cancelled, they burned FOP to the ground, Refused to choose Adventure time when Fredirator said they should, etc.

There’s so much bad blood with them, that when they had no reps In base game, it was obvious why.
Why would Nick even need to go back to them at all though? Don’t they own the rights in their entirety? And again, they’re in that mobile game.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They can, but this is very clearly their at least first wave of DLC plan.
Fair point. So no Frederator for what I will call Season 1. So this is what I’m Hoping for a hypothetical Season 2
Donatello
Raphael
Casey Jones
Timmy Turner
Jenny Wakeman
Tak
El Tigre
High Five/Miko (like Olimar and Alph)
Gwyn (Star Trek: Prodigy)
Mighty Mouse

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nope, Nick owns none of them.
The end of every episode copyrights the show and it’s characters to Viacom International Inc. The title screen of every game credits the characters to Viacom International Inc. Any merch credits the characters to Viacom International Inc. Do not argue copyright with me. I know copyright. And I am certain that you are mistaken.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So Nick All Star Brawl had a huge datamine and confirmed a ton of upcoming DLC characters.

Look at your own risk

Garfield
Shredder
Jimmy Neutron
Plankton
Mr. Krabs
Squidward
Vlad Plasmius
Tommy Pickles
Zuko
Rocco
ZUKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
LETS ****ING GO THAT WAS THE ONLY CHARACTER I REALLY WANTED KUYAFSHALKFAJHADASK;JHAFSJASRHA;KJDAsdha

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The end of every episode copyrights the show and it’s characters to Viacom International Inc. The title screen of every game credits the characters to Viacom International Inc. Any merch credits the characters to Viacom International Inc. Do not argue copyright with me. I know copyright. And I am certain that you are mistaken.
Maybe, but I’m pretty sure Nick only owns the rights to the shows productions, they don’t own the rights to the characters.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I’m happy the Squidward vs. Mr. Krabs meme is true at least. Plankton, Garfield and the others are also awesome.

No Hugh Neutron and no Jenny is unfortunate, though 😔

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Maybe, but I’m pretty sure Nick only owns the rights to the shows productions, they don’t own the rights to the characters.
That is not how that works. Like at all. I studied this in college (I don’t know if you have too but I feel like I can claim some sort of authority) but unless the show was an adaptation of a previously established book or movie, when a company buys a show they buy everything about it lock stock and barrel. They generally have to credit the original creators and pay them. But they don’t have to seek prior permission and the original creators can’t stop them from doing anything with the show they now own.

Shroob

Sup?
Half of me is like "There is no way that the list is all of the DLC it seems way to convenient.

And the other half of me is "Haha jimmy use Brain blast"
I feel like, considering the dev's track record of denying stuff, it's 100% a list of DLC. Like, "covering our bases" feels kinda... way too convenient because these bases are way too specific. If you were to cover your bases, you'd have a lot more characters here than what conveniently feels like a wave of DLC.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I said it in the other thread, and I'll say it here.

The fact we're all waiting around for Smash, waiting to see who the character is and if they leak or not

And Nick All-Star Brawl is the one with the giga-leak
For all the Smash clone discussion somehow it missed the use of codenames.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright, I gotta get to bed.

…I say that, but my excitement may keep me up. Don’t be surprised if you see me again in a bit.

Anyway, here’s to three ridiculous years of smash speculation! I hope it ends with a bang!

26B2155A-8B63-4A3E-9015-27F1A50ACEE0.jpg

And Shroob Shroob , you got 7 and a half hours to go. I hope you’re still cognizant enough to actually watch the reveal. But just in case…

455930E9-71F8-4AFE-AF5E-C5DCDFB812FC.jpg

Take some energy bro

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

…I say that, but my excitement may keep me up. Don’t be surprised if you see me again in a bit.

Anyway, here’s to three ridiculous years of smash speculation! I hope it ends with a bang!

View attachment 333211
And Shroob Shroob , you got 7 and a half hours to go. I hope you’re still cognizant enough to actually watch the reveal. But just in case…

View attachment 333210
Take some energy bro
1633415635893.png

Thank you, my brother. My silent vigil will not falter on this eve of Smash.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

View attachment 333211

View attachment 333210
Take some energy bro
The usage of Toy Story 3 implies hard to swallow cuts in the next instalment.

osby

Smash Obsessed
An important question about the future of Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl:

When we're getting Winx Club characters?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Has it occurred to anyone that, if they intend to do a second season of DLC, they might want to save some highly requested and popular potential fighters for it? And that’s why no Timmy or Jenny? Just a thought considering everyone seems to be jumping to the worst possible option.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Has it occurred to anyone that, if they intend to do a second season of DLC, they might want to save some highly requested and popular potential fighters for it? And that’s why no Timmy or Jenny? Just a thought considering everyone seems to be jumping to the worst possible option.
If the data mine is true, then they're adding quite a few requested and popular characters.

I don't think anyone's thinking the worst. Most people seem to think it's a good list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom