• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Gir is apart of Zim’s moveset, but gets his own poster spot since he’s a whole character (like how Morgana and Pikmin get their own section on the Smash Ultimate poster), while Toph and the Avatars have not been officially revealed yet. The character was leaked out for the 2nd time, with this recent leak being due to Xbox’s loading screen picture (idk how they managed to have that of all things leak out tbh). And yeah voices outside of the announcer has a high chance in joining post game

not for Blossom mains. They pretty much owned the game
Darn - I was hoping that I'd get to do this in a Smash Bros. style game:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I didn't hate PTE, but man I sure hope CN follows Nick's example and makes a better fighting game, hopefully with some modern characters this time.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah Leonardo's my main. His special moves have multiple follow ups? ENDLESS SCREW keeps the name from TMNT Tournament fighters? He looks fast as hell? He has a Stinger? C'mon.

He looks like he'll be pretty good, so I want to see what people can do with the guy!

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Think i should revise this CN: PTE2 roster I had a bit
Adventure Time
Finn
Jake
Marceline
Ice King

The Amazing World of Gumball
Gumball

Ben 10
Ben Tennyson
Gwen Tennyson
Young Ben Tennyson
Kevin Levin
Vilgax

Camp Lazlo
Lazlo

Chowder
Chowder & Kimchi
Schnitzel

Codename: Kids Next Door
Numbuh One
Father
Toiletnator

Courage the Cowardly Dog
Courage

Cow and Chicken
Cow and Chicken
Red Guy

Dexter's Laboratory
Dexter
Mandark
Monkey

Ed, Edd and Eddy
Ed

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
Mac & Bloo
Eduardo

Generator Rex
Rex

The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
Billy & Mandy
Grim
Hoss Delgado
Jeff the Spider

I Am Weasel
Weasel

Johnny Bravo
Johnny

The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
Flapjack
Captain K'nuckles

O.K. KO! Let’s Be Heroes!
KO

The Powerpuff Girls
Blossom, Bubbles & Buttercup (as a :ultpokemontrainer: team)
Mojo Jojo
Him
Princess

Regular Show
Rigby
Mordecai

Samurai Jack
Samurai Jack
The Scotsman
Aku

Steven Universe
Steven
Pearl
Amethyst
Garnet

Sym-Bionic Titan
Ilana

Thundercats
Lion-O

We Bare Bears
Ice Bear

Whatever Happened to… Robot Jones?
Robot Jones

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Darn - I was hoping that I'd get to do this in a Smash Bros. style game:

since Zim’s full moveset hasn’t been seen yet, this moment is still possible to happen
I didn't hate PTE, but man I sure hope CN follow's Nick's example and makes a better fighting game, hopefully with some modern characters this time.
i mean…Nick is having lots of old school fighters

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Tbh, I have no clue who's my kind of character yet. I was thinking Patrick, but I never play grapplers.

However, the more I think about it, the more I'll probably cave in and Join Toph Gang
Well, what type of characters do you normally play?

I think for the most part, I tend to play shotos/pick up and play (Ryu, Spider-Man, Jin(as close to a shoto Tekken can get), Sub-Zero) or speedy rush-down characters(Flash, Storm, Gohan, Vegeta, Taki, Nina). Though for Smash I play Mega Man and he's a Tanky Zoner, who I ended up liking the most.

For the most part, there's 2 styles of character I lean into, with some change here and there.

Then again, I also play Nightmare in SC2, and he's a stance character.

Leo's in the speedy category, though he's clearly also the game's "Cool Guy with a Sword" type.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Tbh, I have no clue who's my kind of character yet. I was thinking Patrick, but I never play grapplers.

However, the more I think about it, the more I'll probably cave in and Join Toph Gang
I'm actually thinking about playing Leonardo after seeing his moveset. PTM might be my thing as well, we'll see.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well, what type of characters do you normally play?

I think for the most part, I tend to play shotos/pick up and play (Ryu, Spider-Man, Jin(as close to a shoto Tekken can get), Sub-Zero) or speedy rush-down characters(Flash, Storm, Gohan, Vegeta, Taki, Nina). Though for Smash I play Mega Man and he's a Tanky Zoner, who I ended up liking the most.

For the most part, there's 2 styles of character I lean into, with some change here and there.

Then again, I also play Nightmare in SC2, and he's a stance character.

Leo's in the speedy category, though he's clearly also the game's "Cool Guy with a Sword" type.
Looking at my history of FG mains, Zoner (Hero, Villager, Frieza) or rushdown (Inkling, Yamcha, Chun Li) or in between (wherever the **** Zero falls in).

Also like gimmicky characters too (Pheonix Wright, Pokemon Trainer, Hero again).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Looking at my history of FG mains, Zoner (Hero, Villager, Frieza) or rushdown (Inkling, Yamcha, Chun Li) or in between (wherever the **** Zero falls in).

Also like gimmicky characters too (Pheonix Wright, Pokemon Trainer, Hero again).
Zero more or less qualifies for Rush-Down.

Seems like Leo or April would be up your alley so far then. We haven't seen a ton of zoners yet or anything. But that [REDACTED] character you mentioned could make for a good rush down fighter too, so only time will tell with them.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
TMNT gang for me…but if Jimmy joins then I’m adding him to my gamer gang as well

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I do wish some of the normal attacks had more interesting names for the characters tho.

But I should blame that being raised on Tekken. Where pretty much every move had a name attached to it. Three Ring Circus, Savage Sword, Double Lift Kick, Shoot the Works, Corpse Thrust, Flame Wheel, Tsunami Kick, Median Line Destruction, Double Chamber Punch. And that's just Jin's moves.

You know who has good move names for no good reason? Bardock. His attacks aren't the flashiest of the DBZ characters, but names like Riot Javalin, Heat Phalanx, Spirit Cannon and REBELLION TRIGGER are strong.

Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan(Moreso Great Saiyaman, but Machine Gun Kick and Soaring Dragon are cool.) and Trunks have good move names too. But you'd expect that. Goku gets Kamehameha and that's still the best Beam move cause its too fun to say.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Some MMX Engine stuff. Shows off the Giga Crush from X2, the X3 Saber and Axl gameplay. The Giga Crush now does one big hit rather than 1 hit per frame(which works better for SNES era bosses) The X3 Saber Slash is still pretty good, but doesn't seem as OD as before, probably because the X3 armor now has the Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
How crazy I can go back as far as 2014 on my posts and wow. It’s changed a lot. There was a lot of things that I did that in hindsight were a little weird. But they often helped me break the ice and make a lot of friends on here back then.

Most of my closest friends don’t come around here anymore though. Pretty much only @Swamp Sensei Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen and @AndreaAC are left :drsad:
**** man, I feel glad to be so important to someone

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
For all you guys who have good dads, appreciate that. It’s truly something special.

You’re really lucky.
eh, my dad's alright. I just think my mom disapproves a bit too much about every single one of his actions. She'd probably hate it if he cured cancer.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
My dad is alright too, not the best, not the worst either, sometime we go well with each other, sometime not.

Though, yeah, wish more peoples had cool/alright dad.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ryu and Chun-Li are being added to Mega Man X Dive. Not a huge surprise, if any Capcom characters were getting in that weren't from the Mega Man series itself, it was gonna be them. Cool nonetheless.

Though I was kind of hoping for Shoto Armors for MMX and Zero or something. Like how they made Rathalos Armor X.

And don't get me started on the potential DMC Devil Trigger Armors. That'd be sick as hell!

D

Deleted member

Ryu and Chun-Li are being added to Mega Man X Dive. Not a huge surprise, if any Capcom characters were getting in that weren't from the Mega Man series itself, it was gonna be them. Cool nonetheless.

Though I was kind of hoping for Shoto Armors for MMX and Zero or something. Like how they made Rathalos Armor X.

And don't get me started on the potential DMC Devil Trigger Armors. That'd be sick as hell!
Viewtiful Joe content could be funny in that game.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I figured they'd eventually branch of into other Capcom series. Ryu and Chun Li wielding guns won't ever not be weird to me. Then again, I guess Smash and Fortnite make it nothing new at this point. But also again it's still kind of weird that Mega Man X got a gacha before Battle Network did.

All I can think of is the Dorkly skit where M. Bison gives everyone machine guns to make Street Fighter more interesting. lol

guns8.gif

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Damn, didn't saw this tweet earlier.

Well if you didn't share the invisible glitch before Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , this tweet should show you where to go.

Again, hope it doesn't bother you. And if you did share it already, my B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom