• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'm so tired of this regurgitated convo, so lets switch it up:
Who's your favorite Marvel Hero?
What'a you favorite Marvel film? (doesn't have to be MCU)

I'll start:
Spiderman
Winter Soldier

So far its between Iron Man, Spider-Man and Shang Chi.

Favourite Marvel film?

That's really hard because I do enjoy a lot of the Marvel films as stated from my last post. But if I were to pick one, I choose the original Avengers film.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
speaking of Metroid Dread

WARNING: A SHORT OFFICIAL CLIP ON ONE OF NINTENDO CHANNEL AS REVEALED A BIG SPOILER ABOUT DREAD.

IF YOU WANT TO AVOID SPOILERS, BE CAREFUL WHILE GOING AROUND ONLINE

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

WARNING: A SHORT OFFICIAL CLIP ON ONE OF NINTENDO CHANNEL AS REVEALED A BIG SPOILER ABOUT DREAD.

What kinda spoiler we talkin?

osby

Smash Obsessed

Every time people make a comment about how fans prefer Metroid's atmosphere to its story, Nintendo gives away another crucial plot detail from Dread.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
What kinda spoiler we talkin?
A old enemy as returned
a X parasite was shown during a gameplay segment.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So off topic but I finally changed my signature to two music quotes this time, reflecting stuff a bit better.

One from K-On's opening song and one from Laid Back Camp's Ending song. Thought the one from Zombieland Saga has been overdue a change.

Tagging Lamperouge Lamperouge cause weeb and want to express how I love his Komi-san pfp, despite it not reflecting his personality but them again mine's the definition of a twist ***** of a spirit with a clock for an eye so who am I to judge?

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Tbh it's also hilarious because Metroid fans were VERY upset at Tropical Freeze's announcement as it was a post Other M Retro game. Oh how the tables have turned
Funny thing is it’s because of 1 account :drsad:

Most DK fans are actually really cool and happy to see Metroid succeed but nah. That one big account has to ruin everything.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Every time people make a comment about how fans prefer Metroid's atmosphere to its story, Nintendo gives away another crucial plot detail from Dread.
What make this even funnier is that a official Nintendo account said they would tone down the spoilers in the trailers til the game release.

That thing leaking by mistake is a big oopsie daisy I must say.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Call me crazy but I thought that big spoiler was confirmed like MONTHS ago. I may be having a Mandela Effect here but I could’ve swore it was shown earlier than now.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Funny thing is it’s because of 1 account :drsad:

Most DK fans are actually really cool and happy to see Metroid succeed but nah. That one big account has to ruin everything.
It's especially funny as if I'm right in guessing who runs it, the guy's a massive transphobe which shouldn't surprise me because the guy running a similar Banjo account is a massive ****ing **** and a talentless hack who traces everything he makes yet even when he was hired by SourceGaming he was very proud of that fact
the video was unlisted but someone on Reddit posted the link.

Here ya go.

BIG SPOILER
unknown-3.png

What the **** man I can't keep waiting for 19 days. Local game store PLEASE break streetdate

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Call me crazy but I thought that big spoiler was confirmed like MONTHS ago. I may be having a Mandela Effect here but I could’ve swore it was shown earlier than now.
The X are the reason why Samus came on ZDR on the first place, but there was no way to tell if it was real or a bluff to caught Samus off guard.

That video confirm they are indeed here and that mean ALOT could happen now.

also, LIKE GWEN, I NEED THIS GAME ASAP AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You're right but seeing them in gameplay is a different story entirely even if we knew it'd happen and had some implications in other trailers like a Chozo getting gooey as hell

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Wait I just realized that my Deltarune Chapter 2 playthrough will have to wait because of Dread
Man I don't think I can avoid spoilers for that long

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wait I just realized that my Deltarune Chapter 2 playthrough will have to wait because of Dread
Man I don't think I can avoid spoilers for that long
19 days should be enough to finish DR chap 2, unless like you're super busy.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
19 days should be enough to finish DR chap 2, unless like you're super busy.
I'm pretty busy with work + Super Mario RPG is my current #1 gaming priority with Smash and DBFZ on the side.
Also, I don't think my original Deltarune Chapter 1 file exists anymore.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm pretty busy with work + Super Mario RPG is my current #1 gaming priority with Smash and DBFZ on the side.
Also, I don't think my original Deltarune Chapter 1 file exists anymore.
Ahh, make sense then.

Will say though that you can jump to chapter 2 without playing chapter 1, some things will change, but nothing too big. Though of course, replaying chapter 1 will make the experience a bit better overall, so do what you want.

Whatever you do tho, hope you have fun!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
oh my god
deltarune tf2 is real
me desperately attempting to avoid spoilers for Dread rn:

y'all are cool and are spoilering things but man the internet's a Metroid minefield rn lol
I pray for you & all pure soul out there avoiding spoilers.

You guys are the true gamers out there.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
A big part of why my favorite MCU movie is Thor Ragnarok is BECAUSE it's ****ing hilarious, but also because it tells a really good story about Thor coming into his own as king and Loki finally redeeming himself. Infinity War threw that out the window but I digress. Good character writing and humor aren't mutually exclusive.
tbf Thor has been going through an Infinity War type storyline in the comics rn. Loki is good, Jane is a Valkyrie, the Phoenix Force might be his other mother, Odin…is Odin…and Thor can’t use Mjonir while also struggling to accept the possible future where Thanos wields that hammer (with the Infinity Stones inside of it) and controls an army of zombified Marvel heroes
I'm so tired of this regurgitated convo, so lets switch it up:
What'a you favorite Marvel film? (doesn't have to be MCU)

I'll start:
Spider-Man
Winter Soldier
Spider-Man
…and Spider-Man 1…2…3…Homecoming…into the Spider-Verse…Far From Home…inevitability No Way Home and into the Spider-Verse 2 and Spider-Women

totally not biased or anything

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
me desperately attempting to avoid spoilers for Dread rn:

View attachment 330805

y'all are cool and are spoilering things but man the internet's a Metroid minefield rn lol
Did you know that Samus Returns and she feels Dread for the Prime installment of this franchise which looks Super good and is some Fusion between great elements of past games?

Pinball

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Did you know that Samus Returns and she feels Dread for the Prime installment of this franchise which looks Super good and is some Fusion between great elements of past games?

Pinball
Gaming

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Maybe the real Metroid Dread were the M Other we made along the way?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
oh my god
deltarune tf2 is real

I pray for you & all pure soul out there avoiding spoilers.

You guys are the true gamers out there.
I'm honestly floored Kraid is the only thing I got spoiled on, and that's 'cause Nintendo social media just put it on for the whole world to see, lol.

[//spoiler=]

Man, I can’t believe Anthony Higgs is back.

oops, messed up the spoiler : )
78FB61A3-3557-4894-ABA1-935A1E52595D.png

that's not a spoiler, that's a threat

Pinball
oh my gosh it's ruined now :drflip:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Off topic again.

So I'm thinking for real at the end of the week to start restricting my internet visiting if that makes sense and use less sites. Few reasons including more ****ty UI, grey area sites getting more f'd over, increasing anxiety visiting a lot of sites, too much on that sort of thing etc.

Gonna do what I did last year with here and like self-block from a great number of sites for a month that give me said feelings. Hate the way the internet is going in some places.

Oh?

I'm curious on what characters you think reflect my personality best, then.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...............hmmm.

I don't know. I just don't see you as the quiet as Komi type. Under the right people can talk to the end of days sort of thing I see from you. Intoverted like me but too. Don't know what exact characters I'd use for reference though.

Also changed the colours of the quotes a bit better now.

D

Deleted member

By the time I played to Fusion for the first time circa 2014 on the Wii U, this music track used to make me feel sad, as this game was the last one chronologically and that Metroid's future was uncertain at the time.

And with you-know-what coming soon, it makes me feel differently.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ironically enough I may ask my M Other to pick up my copy while I'm off at work lmao
It's thanks to my M Other that - unless trouble happen - I was able to command the game online to get on the 19th.

So hope it work out for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom