• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's especially funny as if I'm right in guessing who runs it, the guy's a massive transphobe which shouldn't surprise me because the guy running a similar Banjo account is a massive *ing * and a talentless hack who traces everything he makes yet even when he was hired by SourceGaming he was very proud of that fact
What's with Scrimblo charactets attracting garbage people?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You guys think we're going to get reviews of the game one week before Dread or much sooner?

'cuz beside the next Dread Report & unless another Nintendo Direct happen, feel at this point the game should be golden for reviewers to get in advance. (though next week could be too soon & idk much how that kind of stuff work, so please no bite if i'm wrong)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You guys think we're going to get reviews of the game one week before Dread or much sooner?

'cuz beside the next Dread Report & unless another Nintendo Direct happen, feel at this point the game should be golden for reviewers to get in advance. (though next week could be too soon & idk much how that kind of stuff work, so please no bite if i'm wrong)
I mean, embargoes are usually done close to release for a reason, to get the reviews out right when the game's about to come out so people can see the publicity and go "Ooh, might get that then".

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I mean, embargoes are usually done close to release for a reason, to get the reviews out right when the game's about to come out so people can see the publicity and go "Ooh, might get that then".
Yeah, that make alot of sense honestly.

I just really want early reviews to come out to smash or confirm any fears remaining I might have for Dread.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Guess that explains 90s kids
I know that's a joke but I seriously approach people who think literally everything was better in the 90s with suspicion.

They're usually just blinded by nostalgia but there's a good chance they're also from the "I hate how modern-day invented minorities" crowd.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
I know that's a joke but I seriously approach people who think literally everything was better in the 90s with suspicion.

They're usually just blinded by nostalgia but there's a good chance they're also from the "I hate how modern-day invented minorities" crowd.
Hey now, like I said; I was a 90s kid. Still, I don't think that.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Bruh how the **** can you see everything this game has shown off and go "uh oh it might be bad" lmao
Where did I say I think it might be bad lol.

Just got some high expectations due to replaying SR & AM2R & looking up again the other games & rewatching all the trailers again & again.

If Dread can meet them or even surpass them, great! But until then, I prefer being careful with my hype level, just in cases one or two thing about Dread aren't as cool as I thought it be.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
No Pinball section.
Ah but that's where you're wrong, you become the ball
Where did I say I think it might be bad lol.

Just got some high expectations due to replaying SR & AM2R & looking up again the other games & rewatching all the trailers again & again.

If Dread can meet them or even surpass them, great! But until then, I prefer being careful with my hype level, just in cases one or two thing about Dread aren't as cool as I thought it be.
Nah fam the beauty of Metroid is that it typically does something different for installments and Dread looks like it's getting the best part of everything together

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ah but that's where you're wrong, you become the ball

Nah fam the beauty of Metroid is that it typically does something different for installments and Dread looks like it's getting the best part of everything together
That's the key word here, it look great atm, but anything the game hasn't show could be even better or not as good as we been shown.

Don't get me wrong, I agree 99% with you here, and even I think me being worried for anything about this game is quite silly, but I prefer to have one remaining percent being skeptical in some parts, if only so Dread can SMASH IT INTO PIECES when it's out.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
The only point of contention I can see with Dread based on what we know of is the EMMI sections and them being insta kills.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

I mean, as a minority born in 2002, I can't say they're wrong/s

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The only point of contention I can see with Dread based on what we know of is the EMMI sections and them being insta kills.
The counter being able to stop instant kill soften the blow I feel, if only by a bit.

My real fear for them is just not living up to the hype & not being as scary as the SA-X.

osby

Smash Obsessed
How punishing deaths are from what we know?

If they don't have a too serious result, I can see instant-kills being balanced/non-frustrating.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

If they don't have a too serious result, I can see instant-kills being balanced/non-frustrating.
You reset to before the EMMI section.

Kinda like when you die to a Metroid in SR, you reset to the room before it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If they wanted to be scary they should’ve picked a different name than my four year old little cousin.

EMMI’s a kindergarten name.
SA-X ain't that scary either, especially with all the easy joke one could make.

Still managed to be a scary foe despite a poor AI so i'm not too worried on that front.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

It's been confirmed that entering an EMMI zone is a checkpoint, meaning if you die to an EMMI you don't have to reload the save and maybe grab a power up you found on the way after every death
The counter being able to stop instant kill soften the blow I feel, if only by a bit.

My real fear for them is just not living up to the hype & not being as scary as the SA-X.
Ehhhh. I love the SAX conceptually. In practise, it's stupid as **** and only appears in scripted sequences whereas EMMI will hunt you down with terrifying levels of competence, where the SAX would run in circles, EMMI just finds new entrances to get to you. It's easy to see why Sakamoto cited technical limitations for Dread'z development back then

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

It depends on save room placements relative to the sections/the presence of checkpoints as well as the length of the sections imo
So long as the save rooms are close by and the sections aren't too terribly long they should be fine but I'm also generally against insta-kill stuff that you can't do much about until you reach a certain segment (if at all) because they typically feel cheap.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's been confirmed that entering an EMMI zone is a checkpoint, meaning if you die to an EMMI you don't have to reload the save and maybe grab a power up you found on the way after every death

Ehhhh. I love the SAX conceptually. In practise, it's stupid as **** and only appears in scripted sequences whereas EMMI will hunt you down with terrifying levels of competence, where the SAX would run in circles, EMMI just finds new entrances to get to you. It's easy to see why Sakamoto cited technical limitations for Dread'z development back then
SA-X is scary story wise, not so much gameplay wise I say.

The EMMI is looking to be the opposite, at least for me: not too scary story wise (since you can kill them for good), but on a first try, oh boy, gotta prepare those speedrun reflex on the latter one.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
You made it clear the first time.

Doesn't change osby's point, though.
I was not trying to change his point, actually.

You don't have to. Hell, if I'm gonna be honest, I get very antsy about anyone saying that for more serious stuff because I'm of the opinion that if you don't feel addressed, then it doesn't apply to you
Sorry. Geez, I just wanted to be known as an exception, since one of the others was talking about 90s kids in general. All of them? Maybe not, but still. I wasn't sure if my case was clear yet.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
SA-X is scary story wise, not so much gameplay wise I say.

The EMMI is looking to be the opposite, at least for me: not too scary story wise (since you can kill them for good), but on a first try, oh boy, gotta prepare those speedrun reflex on the latter one.
At the same time though, it's able to give you a sense of hope as you can and have taken them down, but also a sense of dread knowing there's more of these to come who have tricks that make it so hiding won't be as effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom