• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
See, stuff like this is why i'm not too into modding lol.
Thankfully, the process has been streamlined more and more lately.

With Remix, all you have to do is grab your dumped ROM and drag it to a .bat inside of the download folder, and then let it do its thing real quick and you're done.

Building SM64 PC port builds is what's pain sometimes, depending on how fancy you're trying to make it, lol.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah. I have water.
Hell Yeah!
Nope, even the water’s gluten-free
OH NO.
Oh boy, high-level HTTF. I can't wait to see how Hol Horse super loops me to death this time. :secretkpop:

If they make a new fighter for it, I really hope they don't just restrict themselves to the anime. Not seeing Johnny or Josuke would be pretty sad.
idk how high level we're talking but that's the kind of videos i'm talking about.
Lots of diversity in them from what I seen, so I don't get too bored, though I won't it in full if it's really long.

Also, I feel they wouldn't limit themselves to the Anime, if only because I feel they love using the weirder stand user of latter parts for interesting movesets.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
As much as this might be a "hot take", I think I actually like Smash Remix a bit more than all the Project M spin offs as of late.

Its content feels more focused and polished.
Still funny to me that Dark Samus is in it.

Even though, ya know, she wouldn't exist til 2004.

Thanks god Ultimate for her inclusion.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
idk how high level we're talking but that's the kind of videos i'm talking about.
Lots of diversity in them from what I seen, so I don't get too bored, though I won't it in full if it's really long.

Also, I feel they wouldn't limit themselves to the Anime, if only because I feel they love using the weirder stand user of latter parts for interesting movesets.
It's similar, but Hol Horse is notoriously top tier. When I used to play a few years back that's all I would find. Either that or DIO players. I played Chaka and Oldseph for funsies. I feel like it's a real possibility, or maybe it's just me being paranoid from how all Dragon Ball media likes to pretend the Super manga doesn't exist. Either that or some dudes might complain on twitter but who knows man maybe I'm just trippin. :nifty:

There are some real needs that people have been asking for that have never been made, like Yuya from 4 or Wekapipo in 7. I'd also like to see a moveset based on Donatello from 6, that would be cool to see applied considering he's the only one that matters in his little league of characters I won't describe to spoil people who might read this.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
she's legit one of my top 5 fav newcomers ever

idc she's a clone, she's rad as heck
Clones are cool as long they're some level of effort put into them to make them at the very least a little distinct from their original.

While i'm cool with Ultimate DS for a variety of reasons, i'm glad DS in Remix is different not just in animation, but moveset wise too.
It's similar, but Hol Horse is notoriously top tier. When I used to play a few years back that's all I would find. Either that or DIO players. I played Chaka and Oldseph for funsies. I feel like it's a real possibility, or maybe it's just me being paranoid from how all Dragon Ball media likes to pretend the Super manga doesn't exist. Either that or some dudes might complain on twitter but who knows man maybe I'm just trippin. :nifty:

There are some real needs that people have been asking for that have never been made, like Yuya from 4 or Wekapipo in 7. I'd also like to see a moveset based on Donatello from 6, that would be cool to see applied considering he's the only one that matters in his little league of characters I won't describe to spoil people who might read this.
The only Jojo fighting game I played is ASB, but while I only played at a very casual level, I always really digged the characters with weird moveset or mechanic to them, like Johnny levels or Kira Ultra having all sort of weird properity to it (like getting rid of GER or giving back 10(?) second back to the timer), even if it's not that good of a Ultra. Soo if a Arc Sys game does happen, I hope some of the more obscure stand user get included for variety sake.

Either way, if FighterZ is any indication, while the more popular characters will get in, some weirdo like Ginyu will make the cut too. And now that part 8 is done, I hope we get more stand users from this part & 7 too in any future fighting game we might get.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
after searching, I found this:

Smash 64 is a great game.
The hitsun in 64 is so bonker, it kinda make this game the closest one to a actual fighting game, combo wise at least.

Also, thanks m8.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Whelp that didn't work out as planned.

Couldn't find the thing to lock my bike and so decided to take the challenge of walking down to the show. Apparently it took much longer then I expected and couldn't make there in time. So just settled going to one of my local ice cream shops to get some ice cream before walking home.

Two hours I was out for.

No big loss though, I'll eventually see the movie at some point. Plus got a good walk and exercise out of it. Man I'm just sweating god damn bullets.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Either way, if FighterZ is any indication, while the more popular characters will get in, some weirdo like Ginyu will make the cut too. And now that part 8 is done, I hope we get more stand users from this part & 7 too in any future fighting game we might get.
ArcSys did a poll a few years ago about what other A/M franchsie others might be interested in. JoJo got 4th I think? Definitely was Top 5. I think Bleach took the winner's cake though, but it's been a while so I couldn't say I'm sure about my accuracy.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Waiting for that rumored MHA Arcsys fighting game
I don't think they're doing a MHA one. At least, not yet. At the time of its poll, I think it was only on its first or second season and I don't even know if it made Top 10 on that list.

Besides they'll probably just do One's Justice 3 or smth. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Untitled.png

Oh. Oh. I didn't remember JoJo winning it, I could've sworn it was Bleach but it being 2nd is close enough. I also apologize, this was EventHub's list, but I believe there was at least some acknowledgement made, I know there was something specific going on but it's been too long for me to remember clearly. Or anything from 2018 I guess lol

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
People comparing Psychonauts to Persona are the worst because they're right.

Waiting for that rumored MHA Arcsys fighting game
With Arcsystem getting fighting game adaptations left and right, I hope we get some other notable anime fighters from other companies.

I know French Bread only wants to make Melty Blood but I'd totally buy a Jujutsu Kaisen game made by them after Type Lumina is out.

D

Deleted member

I don't exactly know which japanese franchise I would love the most to see turned into a fighting game.

Kamen Rider, Godzilla and Sailor Moon could all be cool doh.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't exactly know which japanese franchise I would love the most to see turned into a fighting game.

Kamen Rider, Godzilla and Sailor Moon could all be cool doh.
I don't recall Kamen Rider having a fighter, I think most of them are Warriors clones? But the fact they haven't had a more recent one is criminal as ****. Surely they've seen their American brethren have major success with PTTG.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
View attachment 330819

Oh. Oh. I didn't know JoJo actually won goddamn. I also apologize, this was EventHub's list, but I believe there was at least some acknowledgement made, I know there was something specific going on but it's been too long for me to remember clearly. Or anything from 2018 I guess lol
Oh my god. HxH got 4th.
I'd be content with most of these tbh, even if I only read/watched 6/10 of them.

On a separate note, I thought recently about how literally all of my wanted characters for Nick All-Star Brawl are Avatar characters (and Squidward), and it made me realize that an Avatar fighting game would be dope and I have no idea why I haven't thought of that before.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh my god. HxH got 4th.
I'd be content with most of these tbh, even if I only read/watched 6/10 of them.
Yeah. I wasn't expecting Naruto and OP to be so low, though maybe it had to do with their own recent releases that weren't traditional fighters, but were mainly fighter-based like the new Boruto games or One Piece World Seeker. I remember thinking World Seeker looked cool as **** in its first trailer, but apparently it's not very good.

I'd like a Berserk fighter, if not just to commemorate Miura. We barely have any good Berserk games, I think the last good one was PS2.
1632078380100.png

****ing Christ, the PS2? Makes you remember how long this series had been running.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom