• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Sorry. Geez, I just wanted to be known as an exception, since one of the others was talking about 90s kids in general. All of them? Maybe not, but still. I wasn't sure if my case was clear yet.
Nono I get that, but people often doubt it when they hear that excuse as it's often said by awful people. Like, if I mention I've gotten harassed, stalked and received wishes for my death by XB2 fans and your response is to go "NOT ALL XB2 FANS!" then that tells me you think it's worse that people who were never even implied to be bad might feel generalized than, you know, the months of stalking and harassment. Somewhat extreme comparisons aside, you shouldn't feel addressed if it's not about you and there is no need to defend the 'honour' of people on the internet that aren't being addressed.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Watching the Nick brawl character showcases. Seeing the starfish wheel makes me particularly happy as a Nicktoons unite fan. Bam that move was all over Battle for Volcano Island and the DS version of Toybots. I know it’s just a logical thing to do with Patrick’s shape, but it’s still a reference in my heart.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
At the same time though, it's able to give you a sense of hope as you can and have taken them down, but also a sense of dread knowing there's more of these to come who have tricks that make it so hiding won't be as effective.
We do know there's ""only"" seven of them, and one is extremely damaged at the start & easy to take down with the right tool, so it's more like 6.

Still bigger than SA-X despite there being 10 at the end of Fusion, you only fight liiike, maybe 2? But Samus is a strong & intelligent warrior: if she survived the Metroid, Dark Samus Ridley, Mother Brain & the SA-X, she will learn to deal with them once she get back all of her upgrade & dealt with them enough to know how they generally work. (unless one or two EMMI throw a giant wrench into the gear)

That's story wise, gameplay wise, it's 50/50 for me atm, could be scary, could be tedious

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Damn it, I just realized how much I want a Star Wars fighting game with just Bounty Hunters.
Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi, maybe?

Nono I get that, but people often doubt it when they hear that excuse as it's often said by awful people. Like, if I mention I've gotten harassed, stalked and received wishes for my death by XB2 fans and your response is to go "NOT ALL XB2 FANS!" then that tells me you think it's worse that people who were never even implied to be bad might feel generalized than, you know, the months of stalking and harassment. Somewhat extreme comparisons aside, you shouldn't feel addressed if it's not about you and there is no need to defend the 'honour' of people on the internet that aren't being addressed.
I realize this may not be any different, but I was referring to myself. I don't think I directly said not all 90s kids are bad. I wouldn't pity the 90s kids who do that or harassed others for that, anyway. I was not trying to defend anyone's honor here. Really.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
We do know there's ""only"" seven of them, and one is extremely damaged at the start & easy to take down with the right tool, so it's more like 6.

Still bigger than SA-X despite there being 10 at the end of Fusion, you only fight liiike, maybe 2? But Samus is a strong & intelligent warrior: if she survived the Metroid, Dark Samus Ridley, Mother Brain & the SA-X, she will learn to deal with them once she get back all of her upgrade & dealt with them enough to know how they generally work. (unless one or two EMMI throw a giant wrench into the gear)

That's story wise, gameplay, it's 50/50 for me.
Actually one can argue that the 10 SAXes was a lie from the AI to prevent you from trying to go everywhere
I realize this may not be any different, but I was referring to myself. I don't think I directly said not all 90s kids are bad. I wouldn't pity the 90s kids who do that or harassed others for that, anyway. I was not trying to defend anyone's honor here. Really.
Then in that case again, simply don't feel addressed as it clearly isn't about you

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Actually one can argue that the 10 SAXes was a lie from the AI to prevent you from trying to go everywhere

Then in that case again, simply don't feel addressed as it clearly isn't about you
Well, sorry. I just felt the need to. May have been to a fault here, but no worries, right?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Damn it, I just realized how much I want a Star Wars fighting game with just Bounty Hunters.
I just want a good one at all

"lol, lmao" says Samus as she goes through all the secret paths to the other sectors for 100% completion

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi, maybe?
Huh. Didn't know that was a thing.
...Apparently it was bad though, and the roster seems pretty outdated by today's standards. Also, I specifically think Bounty Hunters are perfect for a fighting game due to their mostly unique skillsets AND the very nature of their job fitting the fighting game setup like a glove. Plus, if you really want lightsabers that bad, you can throw in Asajj Ventress.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh mama.
Still a bit of a dissapointement in hindsight if that's the case. (only a bit tho because having to face mutliples SA-X while backtracking for 100% could have been more tiring than anything else, so only fighting 1 at the end is fine by me)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Huh. Didn't know that was a thing.
...Apparently it was bad though, and the roster seems pretty outdated by today's standards. Also, I specifically think Bounty Hunters are perfect for a fighting game due to their mostly unique skillsets AND the very nature of their job fitting the fighting game setup like a glove. Plus, if you really want lightsabers that bad, you can throw in Asajj Ventress.
Yeah, I know. I remember playing it. It wasn't so great.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I just want a good one at all

"lol, lmao" says Samus as she goes through all the secret paths to the other sectors for 100% completion
ADAM: "Samus, destroying the BSL will only result in X Parasites no longer being able to be stopped"

Samus: *breaks down doors between the artic sector and pyro sector, screwing with everything before she even tries to escape"
Will Samus's PTSD be prevalent in this story?
Considering how outright livid she looks, maybe? Other M having Samus get a PTSD attack wasn't the problem as the scenario is surprisingly realistic, my issue with that scene is needing a big strong man to save her, though it's also tough imagining how Samus would cope if her PTSD attack hit like mine

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
New Morph Ball
MORPH into a BALL, with the NEW MORPH BALL.

Edit; wait, peoples that are avoiding spoilers won't get the joke.

I made a fool out of myself.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
At a birthday party for my cousin and can’t eat anything because all the food is either vegan, gluten free, or both. Even the cake.

And before you call me an asshole. No. They don’t have allergies. They’re just weird.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Watching high level gameplay of Jojo: Heritage for the Future is just so cool & interesting.

Which is to say we REALLY NEED A JOJO FIGHTING GAME MADE BY ARC SYS PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
At a birthday party for my cousin and can’t eat anything because all the food is either vegan, gluten free, or both. Even the cake.
Even if it's not much, you still got water to drink?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The only point of contention I can see with Dread based on what we know of is the EMMI sections and them being insta kills.
I'm sure eventually you're going to be able to compete against them. For now, the only vibe I get from EMMI is early-game BOTW Guardians.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Watching high level gameplay of Jojo: Heritage for the Future is just so cool & interesting.

Which is to say we REALLY NEED A JOJO FIGHTING GAME MADE BY ARC SYS PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
Oh boy, high-level HTTF. I can't wait to see how Hol Horse super loops me to death this time. :secretkpop:

If they make a new fighter for it, I really hope they don't just restrict themselves to the anime. Not seeing Johnny or Josuke would be pretty sad.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
See, stuff like this is why i'm not too into modding lol.
Thankfully, the process has been streamlined more and more lately.

With Remix, all you have to do is grab your dumped ROM and drag it to a .bat inside of the download folder, and then let it do its thing real quick and you're done.

Building SM64 PC port builds is what's pain sometimes, depending on how fancy you're trying to make it, lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom