• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Holy **** this game was announced 4 years ago
reminds me I still have to play the first one lol

What's mostly surprising to me is not many games like FP exist. There are a ton of Metroidvanias, tons of Mario-likes, Mega Man-likes, but very few notable Sonic-likes. Only two notable ones I can think of are FP and Spark the Electric Jester.

I wonder if it's because most devs that would make these end up doing Sonic ROM hacks and fangames instead do to Sega's more lax nature on them?

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So uh I just finished God of War for like the 5th time.

Now back to Tales of Arise.

I wonder if it's because most devs that would make these end up doing Sonic ROM hacks and fangames instead do to Sega's more lax nature on them?
Ah I forgot to say this. Found out Sega are weird.

They're pretty lax on fangames but recently they've been cracking far more on music online, especially related to Sonic. One of the big sites lost about 500 albums from what I saw and that includes a few other series as well.

And people wonder I archive VGM music now..................

Just a service announcement that isn't as related to the topic.

osby

Smash Obsessed

What's mostly surprising to me is not many games like FP exist. There are a ton of Metroidvanias, tons of Mario-likes, Mega Man-likes, but very few notable Sonic-likes. Only two notable ones I can think of are FP and Spark the Electric Jester.

Can't believe you forgot the official Sonic-like published by SEGA, smh:

They're pretty lax on fangames but recently they've been cracking far more on music online, especially related to Sonic. One of the big sites lost about 500 albums from what I saw and that includes a few other series as well.

Eh, that's expected.

SEGA works pretty hard on their in-house music and routinely releases albums. There's nothing surprising about them trying to crack down on pirating, considering they can possibly lose profit from this, unlike fangames.

Last edited:

MooMew64

So uh I just finished God of War for like the 5th time.

Now back to Tales of Arise.

TBH I'll forgive Sega that more than Nintendo because they make an effort to make their stuff listenable via official YT uploads and services like Spotify.

Can't believe you forgot the official Sonic-like published by SEGA, smh:

Okay, I won't lie, I forgot Tembo was a thing lol.

...Tembo was a Sonic-like?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
My brain is just Deltarune Land now.

I can't think about anything else.

I need [Hyperlink Blocked]

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Going to the show today to see Copshop.

It has a 70s style to it and the premise actually sounds pretty fun. From the director that also did Boss Level this year which I also liked.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
TBH I'll forgive Sega that more than Nintendo because they make an effort to make their stuff listenable via official YT uploads and services like Spotify.
Strange thing I noticed and a few did agree (I was an outlier in a few VGM communities before you guys) is that Nintendo has went back to more relaxed the past year or so to YouTube music. Sega has done that to one of few sites that all their music is on the other day.

People thought that cause of a few channels releasing the music from the games early like Smash and FE that it led to them pretty much destroying it for about a year and then they stopped. Any channels that have been taken down now is far more to do with Square Enix who is the worst at it. I think Nintendo is fine as long as it doesn't grow to previous size.

Does feel harder these days to upload music and stuff to YT and anywhere in general now compared to a few years back. And honestly? It's a considerable factor as to why I'm wanting to use the internet less.

Sorry for the rant but this is something I have issue with on the net.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Yeah and Spark the Electric Jester has uhhhhh issues from what I've seen, pacing for the first one and the second one, which was 3D randomly got real ****ing edgy with screaming **** everywhere lmao. Another one I know is Advent Neon which so far only has a demo available as it's kickstarter campaign still has a couple more days

D

Deleted member

The official DC YouTube Channel finally uploaded a video pandering to me (epilepsy warning doh, there are some scenes with flashy lights which can harm some people):

Hopefully they give him a great movie one day.

MooMew64

Yeah and Spark the Electric Jester has uhhhhh issues from what I've seen, pacing for the first one and the second one, which was 3D randomly got real *ing edgy with screaming * everywhere lmao. Another one I know is Advent Neon which so far only has a demo available as it's kickstarter campaign still has a couple more days
Oh, Spark has issues? I haven't played 'em yet, I just know I've seen some Sonic fans pull the "This is what Sega should be doing" trope with it and I assumed peeps liked 'em, lol.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
You also forgot Incredible Hulk.

That movie was so boring.
Agreed. I actually felt that the Incredible Hulk and Thor: The Dark World were the weakest MCU entries.

My favorite MCU film was the Winter Soldier, because that movie was just packed to the brim with just about everything
I will say that its very hard for me to pick my favourite MCU film, but I will say what always draws me in to the MCU films are how each of the film's stories connect with each other.

Anyways, I do believe that Phase 4 is going to give the new heroes a time to shine and I feel that it will be a long while before we find out who will be part of the new Avengers team in the future.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Yo! If ya ever find a chapter 2 sprite dump, can ya lemme know? Feel like that’s something you may be more in the know on than I am.
Your best bet is to check this place.

Some sprites from chapter 2 as been uploaded, but there's still alot missing, so make sure to go back here and there later.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh, Spark has issues? I haven't played 'em yet, I just know I've seen some Sonic fans pull the "This is what Sega should be doing" trope with it and I assumed peeps liked 'em, lol.
To be fair, Sonic fans think every game that isn't made by SEGA is good.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Movies I'm looking forward to next year.

The Batman
Top Gun: Maverick
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Jurassic World: Dominion (Too much of a sucker for dinosaurs, regardless if it turns out bad or not, I also apparently liked Fallen Kingdom)
Transformers: Rise of the Beasts (It's featuring Beast Wars, this is what I grew more up with then Transformers and prefer. I'll have to give Bumblebee a watch prior to this)
Black Adam

Ones I'll see but not exactly hyped for.

The Man From Toronto
Five Eyes
Moonfall (Premise sound so ridiculous it could be fun)
Uncharted
Bullet Train

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm so tired of this regurgitated convo, so lets switch it up:
Who's your favorite Marvel Hero?
What'a you favorite Marvel film? (doesn't have to be MCU)

I'll start:
Spiderman
Winter Soldier
Ummmmm……
I legit just don’t have an answer to this anymore because I’ve ended up with such a sour taste in my mouth for all things marvel that no one character or film rises above the others for any reason. I guess I used to rave over Ant-Man and The Wasp because of how it handled Ghost as a really good antagonist without being a villain. But beyond that…. nothing. DC all the way. Probably for life (except Batman).

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Speaking of Shang Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings, as of today it has made $320.6 million worldwide within its box office performance so far in which I believe it could truly reach $400 million within its remainder of its theatrical run in which I believe the film has just gone past its break-even point and therefore, I think it is safe to say the film is a success considering the current situation we're in.

I really do hope that Marvel Studios have more in store for Shang Chi within the future.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
They both have the same fans who always go "make something different than Sonic/Mario!" and then complain whenever their company releases a game they don't know about so it checks out.
People be asking for Metroid 5 for nearly two decades and then some dumbass comes along like "why are you marketing this game so much"

MooMew64

People be asking for Metroid 5 for nearly two decades and then some dumbass comes along like "why are you marketing this game so much"
TBH I do wish they wouldn't do things like putting Kraid on Twitter, but other than that I adore the amount of effort they're putting into Dread's marketing.

I've been wanting Metroid to be one of their bigger series for years and I think thanks to this marketing, it'll finally break Metroid into the mainstream more and help us get more consistent releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom